Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Incredible Member

T'Challa is not a billionaire. That's reserved for the class two levels below him.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I don't think so.

1) His parents marriage probably was not recognized by the US, which would be mean he was illegitimate in the US and would fall under different requirements.

2) Namor was born before the repeal of residency requirements for US Citizenship at birth.
    His parent's marriage was recognized in Atlantis. I know of no reason why it would not be recognized by the United States. Under the law at the time the only possible restriction in the US would have been based upon race, which may not have been applicable for federal purposes.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Leona...ie_(Earth-616)

As for citizenship: https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...rn-Abroad.html
    Birth Abroad in Wedlock to a U.S. Citizen and an Alien

A person born abroad in wedlock to a U.S. citizen and an alien acquires U.S. citizenship at birth if the U.S. citizen parent has been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions prior to the personís birth for the period required by the statute in effect when the person was born (INA 301(g), formerly INA 301(a)(7).) For birth on or after November 14, 1986, the U.S. citizen parent must have been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for five years prior to the personís birth, at least two of which were after the age of fourteen. For birth between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, the U.S. citizen parent must have been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for 10 years prior to the personís birth, at least five of which were after the age of 14 for the person to acquire U.S. citizenship at birth. The U.S. citizen parent must be the genetic or the gestational parent and the legal parent of the child under local law at the time and place of the childís birth to transmit U.S. citizenship.

I could not find what the law was prior to 1952.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He has his brother to thank for that. Did the authorities even know that was a new Night Thrasher working with those depowered X-Men? He actually used an image inducer to make sure the truth about his identity didn't get out.
    eh, no. he made this comment during the Contest of Champions series. this was Dwayne plucked from a time prior to being killed. and he was referencing the technology that lined his costume; that allowed him to free everyone from the Maestro's prison. so Dwayne has Dwayne to thank for that/had no idea that Donyell was running the foundation. i'm pretty sure that Donyell was draining the Taylor Foundation's resources to re-outfit the abandoned Murder World base, acquire time travel tech, and hire those random tech geniuses whose names i don't want to remember. and some of the stuff was outright stolen. **** Donyell.

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 09-18-2019 at 06:05 AM.
    "I just don't get why you wouldn't want to break the law anymore" --Scorpia

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    T'Challa is not a billionaire. That's reserved for the class two levels below him.
    Wakanda's tech is based on trinary code. So maybe T'Challa is a trillionaire! YAH!
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    eh, no. he made this comment during the Contest of Champions series. this was Dwayne plucked from a time prior to being killed. and he was referencing the technology that lined his costume; that allowed him to free everyone from the Maestro's prison. so Dwayne has Dwayne to thank for that/had no idea that Donyell was running the foundation. i'm pretty sure that Donyell was draining the Taylor Foundation's resources to re-outfit the abandoned Murder World base, acquire time travel tech, and hire those random tech geniuses whose names i don't want to remember. and some of the stuff was outright stolen. **** Donyell.

That was actually one of the better moments in Al Ewing's Contest of Champions. It's just a shame not much has been done with Night Thrasher since.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Adam Brashear should be a billionaire, since I seriously doubt that a mere millionaire would be able to buy the land, build and routinely upgrade a technologically advanced base in the Mariana Trench for over half a century. Don't get me started on the satellites that he has in space, or the global teleportation platforms that he owns, or like Stark and Richards, all of the other advanced tech that likely requires billions of dollars to create, research and develop through a full production cycle to completion. Heck, just one of those snazzy Neutral Zone armored suits that he has must have cost hundreds of millions to create. He has enough of those to furnish his Ultimates teammates.

That said, Blue Marvel definitely isn't the type to disclose how wealthy he is. Quite the contrary. He reminds me of my AP Physics teacher, who was a multimillionaire, but drove the same beat up VW Beetle that he'd owned since the early 70s to work everyday. It's not until he invites the entire class to his coastal estate with its own private beach that we realized that the cool son of a bitch was loaded to the gills. Best teacher ever. Damn, I miss that dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That was actually one of the better moments in Al Ewing's Contest of Champions. It's just a shame not much has been done with Night Thrasher since.
    true. but he is one of the 3 X's now and actively involved in a pretty important mystery. i'll take quality over quantity in the short term. could be a lot worse. he could be Squirrel Girl's foil.
    "I just don't get why you wouldn't want to break the law anymore" --Scorpia

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    true. but he is one of the 3 X's now and actively involved in a pretty important mystery. i'll take quality over quantity in the short term. could be a lot worse. he could be Squirrel Girl's foil.
    Point taken. Very well taken.

I can also see JudicatorPrime's point about Adam Brashear/Blue Marvel just not being the type to show off his wealth, which would be an interesting contrast in characterization with Tony Stark/Iron Man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.