Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    O_o

Again, since he was supposed to be DEAD, Namor wasn't accessing his kingdom's wealth, nor whatever established "personal" wealth he had, when he created Oracle, a Wall Street company capable of taking over Rand Meachum, and facing off against Roxxon. Hence, he can draw an immense amount of wealth from THE OCEAN, not from Atlantis.
    Didn't Namorita spend all of Oracles money to rebuild Atlantis when Namor was dead? I remember reading somewhere that she almost went bankrupt during the rebuild.

BANNED

Namor the Sub-Mariner #1 Apr 1990
    "Purpose!"
    Biologists Carrie and Caleb Alexander come across a seriously disoriented Namor.

Namor learns that his past personality fluctuations have been caused by an oxygen imbalance in his blood
    due to his hybrid human/Atlantean makeup and Caleb has devised a recycling device to correct the problem.

Namor has been a pet project of Caleb Alexander

ever since Namor saved his life as a kid.

Namor decides to change the direction of his life.
    Using the vast wealth of sunken treasure, he launches a new company called
    Oracle Incorporated, which draws the attention of the power-hungry Marrs Twins.

Story by John Byrne. Art by John Byrne and Bob Wiacek.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Did Caleb die, or was it his daughter?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

BANNED

It was the comicbook character Caleb pretty gruesome death by the way.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    It was the comicbook character Caleb pretty gruesome death by the way.
    A shame he died. But I guess if he was a kid during the 1940s, he would be really old now anyway. Unless he'd also figured out a way to bottle Namor's longevity into pill form.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    A shame he died. But I guess if he was a kid during the 1940s, he would be really old now anyway. Unless he'd also figured out a way to bottle Namor's longevity into pill form.
    If he did that, he would have been a billionaire just from selling and marketing that stuff.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    According to Metro this is from there website

T'Challa — $90.7 billion

Now that's a shocker for the books.
    Not really given that he gave the FF a sky-craft 55 years ago...

Fantastic Four #52 Jul 1966
    First appearance of the Black Panther in
    "The Black Panther!"

The Black Panther invites the FF to Wakanda

and demonstrates his powers by attacking them.

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Joe Sinnott

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

As noted in earlier posts in the thread, one shouldn't always count the wealth generated by the natural resources of the country as the personal possession of the reigning monarch. Vibranium should be a national resource that is essentially the economy of Wakanda. But there is a catch....it is never sold on the open market. I suppose the Royal Family could form a company that trades on the world's stock markets and generate wealth from that. But it's never been clear to me who owns the vibranium mines.

As Reviresco points out, Namor has a much clearer path to wealth since the vastness of the oceans make it impossible for one of the nations on the surface to own the bulk of it. His wealth is hard to calculate and he would have to sell some of the gold or other treasures off to determine what exactly he has.

Doom also has access to the wealth of a small nation but they have no real huge revenue generating resource. I would assume his personal wealth and the wealth of the nation intermingle but he's not overly extravagant. Plus he's had to rebuild the cities every time there's been an attack or battle that takes place there.

It's possible that Doom, like Reed, may generate some personal wealth with patents but I think he keeps things to close to the vest to want to let his too much of tech get out there. But he does have one personal resource of use and that is his time platform. He could use it to acquire wealth. For example, in his very first use of it he had the FF go back in time and bring back Blackbeard's treasure. The FF found it but brought back chains instead. But Doom could "mine" the past and bring back things of value. Knowing what he knows, he could go back and make stock purchases, etc . He once bragged to Tony that he owned 4 Renoirs so he could go back and procure some priceless works that way.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-08-2021 at 12:14 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I didn't realize the Braddock family had a history as conquistadors.

I suppose it is very archetypal British of them.

Not so much a British thing being a conquistador

Jessica Drew's brother, Michael Marchand, is a billionaire (He owns a very successful pharmaceutical company).

And isn't Ahura of the Inhumans the CEO of pharmaceutical company Ennilux? Pretty sure he'd probably be a billionaire by now.
    Last edited by Seren; 08-08-2021 at 08:34 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    As noted in earlier posts in the thread, one shouldn't always count the wealth generated by the natural resources of the country as the personal possession of the reigning monarch. Vibranium should be a national resource that is essentially the economy of Wakanda. But there is a catch....it is never sold on the open market. I suppose the Royal Family could form a company that trades on the world's stock markets and generate wealth from that. But it's never been clear to me who owns the vibranium mines.

As Reviresco points out, Namor has a much clearer path to wealth since the vastness of the oceans make it impossible for one of the nations on the surface to own the bulk of it. His wealth is hard to calculate and he would have to sell some of the gold or other treasures off to determine what exactly he has.

Doom also has access to the wealth of a small nation but they have no real huge revenue generating resource. I would assume his personal wealth and the wealth of the nation intermingle but he's not overly extravagant. Plus he's had to rebuild the cities every time there's been an attack or battle that takes place there.

It's possible that Doom, like Reed, may generate some personal wealth with patents but I think he keeps things to close to the vest to want to let his too much of tech get out there. But he does have one personal resource of use and that is his time platform. He could use it to acquire wealth. For example, in his very first use of it he had the FF go back in time and bring back Blackbeard's treasure. The FF found it but brought back chains instead. But Doom could "mine" the past and bring back things of value. Knowing what he knows, he could go back and make stock purchases, etc . He once bragged to Tony that he owned 4 Renoirs so he could go back and procure some priceless works that way.
    Iirc there was a story where the FF were in financial difficulty and it turned out that Grimm's cut of there money made him a multi millionaire, and he had a relatively small cut

Given the cost of operating the tech reed used and builds there's no functional way that the family wouldn't be worth billions, after all you don't maintain a doorway to other realities on the cheap

Of course I would say they don't have billions in the bank but are certainly worth billions as a corporation

Thor as all father has inumerable wealth I suppose

As I recall Hercules cut of the human wealth of the olmpian pantheon was over a hundred million as it's again likely that their human combined wealth is in the billions

Much of dooms wealth would likely be illegal but I'm the many billions, secret war said he was bankrolling multiple super tech villains for his own ends as I recall

To compare to DC, in the justice League volume prior to synders run, it was said batman and luthor had a combined wealth of around 350 billion, and I imagine doom and stark as comparisons at their richest would be similar

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Iirc there was a story where the FF were in financial difficulty and it turned out that Grimm's cut of there money made him a multi millionaire, and he had a relatively small cut
    You are correct and IIRC that was back in JMS's run. I forgot how he lost it though.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Given the cost of operating the tech reed used and builds there's no functional way that the family wouldn't be worth billions, after all you don't maintain a doorway to other realities on the cheap

Of course I would say they don't have billions in the bank but are certainly worth billions as a corporation

Thor as all father has inumerable wealth I suppose

As I recall Hercules cut of the human wealth of the olmpian pantheon was over a hundred million as it's again likely that their human combined wealth is in the billions

Much of dooms wealth would likely be illegal but I'm the many billions, secret war said he was bankrolling multiple super tech villains for his own ends as I recall

To compare to DC, in the justice League volume prior to synders run, it was said batman and luthor had a combined wealth of around 350 billion, and I imagine doom and stark as comparisons at their richest would be similar
    Reed's wealth is the engine of their resources and I am sure he has it divided up with Sue, Ben and Johnny. Val and Franklin will probably have trust funds set up for them and will probably inherit the family wealth from Reed and Sue's portion.

With Thor and Hercules, they would possess much wealth but I don't see them having much use for it unless they establish long term residence on Earth.

Doom's Doombot technology would be worth billions and there are some of them on the loose so someone could steal that. He may have some software guards to prevent some of it from being stolen. I know Lucia von Bardas got possession of one in Winter Soldier in a black market auction.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Jessica Drew's brother, Michael Marchand, is a billionaire (He owns a very successful pharmaceutical company).

And isn't Ahura of the Inhumans the CEO of pharmaceutical company Ennilux? Pretty sure he'd probably be a billionaire by now.
    Ahura is also an heir to 2 noble families, might even be considered the head of both with Black Bolt and Medusa distancing themselves. It is unkown fully the status of Inhuman Royalty of New Attilian, if they are now a Constitutional Monarchy, or a full Republic. But even if it is the latter just like Republics IRL that still have nobility they also are rich through familiar assets just no political power save for those who follow a political carrer. I can see both having lands at least a villa, those lands worth would be added to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Ahura is also an heir to 2 noble families, might even be considered the head of both with Black Bolt and Medusa distancing themselves. It is unkown fully the status of Inhuman Royalty of New Attilian, if they are now a Constitutional Monarchy, or a full Republic. But even if it is the latter just like Republics IRL that still have nobility they also are rich through familiar assets just no political power save for those who follow a political carrer. I can see both having lands at least a villa, those lands worth would be added to him.
    I mean outside of his connections to his family.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I mean outside of his connections to his family.
    Ah still, those I guess is bonus wealth which does make an even stronger point that he is also in the Billionaires club.