Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    You are correct and IIRC that was back in JMS's run. I forgot how he lost it though.

Reed's wealth is the engine of their resources and I am sure he has it divided up with Sue, Ben and Johnny. Val and Franklin will probably have trust funds set up for them and will probably inherit the family wealth from Reed and Sue's portion.

With Thor and Hercules, they would possess much wealth but I don't see them having much use for it unless they establish long term residence on Earth.

Doom's Doombot technology would be worth billions and there are some of them on the loose so someone could steal that. He may have some software guards to prevent some of it from being stolen. I know Lucia von Bardas got possession of one in Winter Soldier in a black market auction.

Sure thing

I can only hope to see a story that explores the consequences of villains stealing from doom

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Sure thing

I can only hope to see a story that explores the consequences of villains stealing from doom
    Yeah, that could be done well. It's too bad Cantwell's Doom series turned out to be just a maxi series. I know when they first promoted it, Marvel said it was to be an ongoing. But I guess during the pandemic they decided to wind it up and Cantwell switched over to the Iron Man title.

BANNED

Happy Birthday to the late GREAT Jack KING Kirby!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    There's a very good reason why T'Challa/Black Panther is so wealthy, though: Vibranium. Wakanda, which T'Challa is the king of, is the home to pretty much all of the world's Vibranium, the super-strong metal that Captain America's shield is made out of. Vibranium costs $10,000 per gram, and Wakanda has 10,000 tons of it. This means that T'Challa actually has more money than is on planet Earth. No wonder he's such a prime target for villains.
    And it all started with Klaw, The Master of Sound...

Fantastic Four #53 Aug 1966
    Second appearance of the Black Panther in
    "The Way It Began..!"

The Black Panther tells the story of Klaw's first attack on Wakanda;

Klaw attacks the FF

and the Black Panther.

First appearance of Klaw, T'Chaka and vibranium.

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby https://13thdimension.com/jack-kirby...tories-ranked/, inks by Joe Sinnott