Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    No, that's actually not what I meant at all. I remembered when this book was announced and you and I had a back and forth about it. That's all. It was a side comment I shouldn't have made.
    Listen, whether you like the book or not, it's just a miniseries. If it's crap, it's AU and will be forgotten. If it's good, then who knows? That's the way I see it. I don't think it's in our best interests to get so riled up about a comic series.
    I’m not riled up about it. I get riled up about OMD. Not this. I’m just stating an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I’m not riled up about it. I get riled up about OMD. Not this. I’m just stating an opinion.
    Okay then.

I think it's finally been proven that Spider-Man's #1 nemesis isn't Green Goblin, Doc Ock or Venom

it's bridges
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

The part of Peter Parker will be played by John Wick today, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The part of Peter Parker will be played by John Wick today, lol.
    I would be in favor of that lol

This is okay. It wasn't as bad or boring as I thought, but it wasn't something crazy wow. I like John Wick Peter, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    This is okay. It wasn't as bad or boring as I thought, but it wasn't something crazy wow. I like John Wick Peter, lol.
    Yeah, it's very middling right now. That's okay for a 1st issue for me. The other thing was that it felt very fast in the beginning and then slowed to a halt with the time skip. It's intriguing. But I like the premise, I'm excited to see "Bennie"'s character growth and god dang it Pete love your son!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I think this book is “extreme” because it has a 20 year old’s insight into what they think is cool and exciting, but it lacks any emotional maturity or restraint like you said. The story beats aren’t earned. I cringe when I look at my writing from my teen years and early 20s, so I can’t blame Henry too much. He just shouldn’t have been given the book in the first place.
    not sure if we can pin it on age. gerry conway was nineteen/twenty when he wrote classic spider-man stories. and other people looked at this book like nick lowe. although i wonder if lowe edits or just makes sure the book gets to the printer on time.

it felt like the author(s) know spider-man mostly through movies. like they haven’t read a lot of books and comics but watch a lot of action films and video games.

only a first issue so who knows where it might go or if it will improve. but so far they went to the cliche store and came home with the oldest, most boring ones they could find.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    not sure if we can pin it on age. gerry conway was nineteen/twenty when he wrote classic spider-man stories. and other people looked at this book like nick lowe. although i wonder if lowe edits or just makes sure the book gets to the printer on time.

it felt like the author(s) know spider-man mostly through movies. like they haven’t read a lot of books and comics but watch a lot of action films and video games.

only a first issue so who knows where it might go or if it will improve. but so far they went to the cliche store and came home with the oldest, most boring ones they could find.
    That's a good point. I am curious how much Spidey knowledge they had when writing. Far be it from me to guess, but I'd say average knowledge (which isn't always a bad thing sometimes).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    That's a good point. I am curious how much Spidey knowledge they had when writing. Far be it from me to guess, but I'd say average knowledge (which isn't always a bad thing sometimes).
    it is bad when the book consists of nothing but the most overused cliches such as spoilers:
    fridging by bridge
    end of spoilers and repeats the exact same beats as stories such as spoilers:
    spider-girl and the first amazing spider-man film.
    end of spoilers

that is why i said it written by someone who doesn't read. it is a cut and paste of generic movie moments, down to spoilers:
    a high school jock bully that was cliche when flash was created, the manic pixie potential girlfriend, a nightmare about a loved one drowning in blood and neglectful father who is too wrapped up in pain to see the pain he is causing his son.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

For just a little while its solicitations teased as if it is going to be a Spider-Man / Peter Parker / Mary Jane team book.

The price of misleading, is I will not buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    it is bad when the book consists of nothing but the most overused cliches such as spoilers:
    fridging by bridge
    end of spoilers and repeats the exact same beats as stories such as spoilers:
    spider-girl and the first amazing spider-man film.
    end of spoilers

that is why i said it written by someone who doesn't read. it is a cut and paste of generic movie moments, down to spoilers:
    a high school jock bully that was cliche when flash was created, the manic pixie potential girlfriend, a nightmare about a loved one drowning in blood and neglectful father who is too wrapped up in pain to see the pain he is causing his son.
    end of spoilers
    I never said it wasn't cliche. I just said it was an interesting start.

Ok read it and I’m not sure how I feel. The preview pages ruined it for me because I was hoping for a bit of a Spider-Man /MJ team up style or something along those lines. Those preview panels had this Peter/MJ up against the odds type feel so i was really looking forward to it.

Read the issue and was just pretty....underwhelmed. Not Bad not good. But with all the hype surrounding it I was expecting way more. I might give the next issue a shot and bounce after that.

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    For just a little while its solicitations teased as if it is going to be a Spider-Man / Peter Parker / Mary Jane team book.

The price of misleading, is I will not buy them.
    Completely agreed. I liked the feel and atmosphere of those preview pages. The book was just a bit lifeless and boring after those scenes with Peter and MJ.

So far the only good thing on the story is beard Peter, he just looks nice.

The rest of the issue are just overused clichés, which, they can be interesting with proper execution mind you, but the execution here is eh.

So maybe I'll read the next issues when they come out, maybe not, besides beard Peter, the issue didn't leave much of an impression, it's kinda bland, and I may forget about it, hopefuly next issues are better though.