Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    They probably thought it would sell on the name alone, and thus weren't fully comfortable saying if it was 616 or not. But I agree, this could've been part of the hook!
    Honestly, it's a better hook than Spider-Man VS mystery villain.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Honestly, it's a better hook than Spider-Man VS mystery villain.
    For real though! This is the downside of spoilers: the actual story is better than the marketing for it!

BANNED

I wonder if this was a deliberate marketing strategy. They figured there might be eyebrows raised about Abrams' kid being involved. Promoting it from the get-go about Peter-Dad and his kid might have seemed cloying since yeah Abrams and Junior are writing a story together. So they promoted it as Spider-Man vs. Cadaverous so that by the time the backlash died and the comic gets in, people are sidetracked by the real story.

Abrams is pretty smart about marketing, he did co-create LOST after all.

If you read the preview it does make sense that MJ and Peter are parents. They talk about how "he'd laugh at that" and MJ says, "he laughs at everything" and it makes sense that she's talking of their child.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I wonder if this was a deliberate marketing strategy. They figured there might be eyebrows raised about Abrams' kid being involved. Promoting it from the get-go about Peter-Dad and his kid might have seemed cloying since yeah Abrams and Junior are writing a story together. So they promoted it as Spider-Man vs. Cadaverous so that by the time the backlash died and the comic gets in, people are sidetracked by the real story.

Abrams is pretty smart about marketing, he did co-create LOST after all.

If you read the preview it does make sense that MJ and Peter are parents. They talk about how "he'd laugh at that" and MJ says, "he laughs at everything" and it makes sense that she's talking of their child.
    It would be an intriguing strategy. Maybe they didn't anticipate as much backlash as they got?

As for the preview, that part was intriguing. It makes sense that they'd talk about "him," and Peter is pretty beat up there. Is this the moment when the comic switches from Peter to Ben?

God, it feels so good to have another solid premise of a Spider-Man story (and another legacy to boot!). I think we're getting spoiled between this and Life Story!

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    Yawn.Another AU take of the possible future of Spider-Man.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    spoilers:
    Yawn.Another AU take of the possible future of Spider-Man.
    end of spoilers
    We don't know if it's AU or not so I wouldn't rule out anything yet!

Well now...this news seems to have blown up the speculator market a bit...

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...rumors-spread/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    The tag is [spoil]!
    spoilers:
    And I don't think he's illegitimate. BC says he inherited the mantle
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Unlike all the other times via MC-2 and Renew your vows worlds ?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    spoilers:
    Unlike all the other times via MC-2 and Renew your vows worlds ?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Those are legitimate children. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned Peter having "another illegitimate child" so I was like, but he inherits the mantle
    end of spoilers

I generally like Bleeding Cool, they tend to report on indie comics as often as the big two...but this kind of spoiler-coups, not even loosely disguised as speculation, just doesn't seem to have any purpose other than to kill the word of mouth a comic like this was obviously courting.

You only have major spoilers that go unadvertised because you want people to read it, talk about it, discuss it, and that's fair and proper.

I say this as someone who was skeptical about this project from Day 1 but I do think this is unfair to Abrams Jr.
    Agreed. I mean, it does seem to get people talking about it, but think about how many people would be talking about it if they kept it under wraps.

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    Agreed. I mean, it does seem to get people talking about it, but think about how many people would be talking about it if they kept it under wraps.
    Technically it still is. I don't know how many views Bleeding Cool got, but it may not be more than those who would read the book. Once it breaks tomorrow, then it'll be a bigger deal.

Incredible Member

I generally like Bleeding Cool, they tend to report on indie comics as often as the big two...but this kind of spoiler-coups, not even loosely disguised as speculation, just doesn't seem to have any purpose other than to kill the word of mouth a comic like this was obviously courting.

You only have major spoilers that go unadvertised because you want people to read it, talk about it, discuss it, and that's fair and proper.

I say this as someone who was skeptical about this project from Day 1 but I do think this is unfair to Abrams Jr.
    It is doing the opposite of killing word of mouth. Also, I mean, I now know something else about it that will rock this board... but let's keep that until Wednesday, shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    It is doing the opposite of killing word of mouth. Also, I mean, I now know something else about it that will rock this board... but let's keep that until Wednesday, shall we?
    Oh shoot, that's not the only thing??? Oh I can't wait.
    Can you tell if it's a good thing or bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    The plot thickens!

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    The plot thickens!
    Indeed! Can't wait!