Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    And because she actually exist in the main continuity... kinda... maybe... well, she is in the same limbo Damian Wayne stayed from Son of Demon until Morrison's run now.
    Not to derail the thread, but I hope that story gets told one day: hopefully sooner rather than later!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I get that! It is a bit weird just how many legacy characters are running around. But I say we gotta give this one a chance!

And yes, Anya's costume is one of the best spider-costumes.
    The original Arana costume, or her Spider-Girl costume? Because she got the latter from Julia Carpenter (who first wore it as Arachne in Omega Flight) at the conclusion of Grim Hunt, after Julia had become the new Madame Web in the same storyline.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Not to derail the thread, but I hope that story gets told one day: hopefully sooner rather than later!
    As do I. Here is hoping. *crosses fingers*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Weird that they wouldn't make this part of the hook for new readers. What's with the bait and switch?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The original Arana costume, or her Spider-Girl costume? Because she got the latter from Julia Carpenter (who first wore it as Arachne in Omega Flight) at the conclusion of Grim Hunt, after Julia had become the new Madame Web in the same storyline.
    I think her Spider-Girl costume is clean. The suit looked good with Julia, but the redesign with Anya was perfectly suited to her in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Weird that they wouldn't make this part of the hook for new readers. What's with the bait and switch?
    They probably thought it would sell on the name alone, and thus weren't fully comfortable saying if it was 616 or not. But I agree, this could've been part of the hook!

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    It just occurred to me that this will be the first story to primarily feature a son of Spider-Man as opposed to a daughter. Have you guys noticed that? We've had heavy focus on Mayday, Annie, May from Earth X, and even Claire from Life Story got a big role. But the sons have been left out. So now, we actually have a story about a son.of Peter and developing him. I'm curious about that. What do you guys think?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think in the past they went with the idea of a daughter because it's an immediate distinction from Spider-Man, a way to explore similar themes from a different point of view. With a son there's more of a risk the character could end up too similar to Peter, or at least be perceived that way.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Seriously? That's incredible! Congrats to Mayday!
    end of spoilers
    Nah, spoilers:
    Millie the Model ran 207 issues, with several spinoffs.
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member FeliciaSpidey's Avatar

Well, Im not interested anymore.
    Last edited by FeliciaSpidey; 09-16-2019 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    spoilers:
    I think in the past they went with the idea of a daughter because it's an immediate distinction from Spider-Man, a way to explore similar themes from a different point of view. With a son there's more of a risk the character could end up too similar to Peter, or at least be perceived that way.
    end of spoilers

Nah, spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That's fair about the character distinction! It makes sense in the end. Let's hope this Ben can be distinct enough from his parents to be his own person!
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by FeliciaSpidey View Post
    Well, Im not interested anymore.
    Aw, I think we should just give it a read! spoilers:
    The preview has Peter and MJ still, so there's that!
    end of spoilers

BANNED

A timely publication that closed when Marvel arrived. Spider-Girl is the longest publication started during the Marvel era with a female protagonist

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    A timely publication that closed when Marvel arrived.
    1973? She outlived Gwen Stacy.

BANNED

1973? She outlived Gwen Stacy.
    Well if that impresses you...why not. It’s good that Millie lasted that long but in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    The worst thing about Marvel is their constant need to coat tail their original characters to death and make the universe congested.
    To be fair, they’ve actually lessened this lately. Marvel introduced a bunch of new Asian heroes with Aero, Wave, Crescent, White Fox and Luna Snow and not one is a legacy character. It would’ve been so easy to have any of them ride the coattails of another, but they didn’t.

Well, Aero has the codename of one depowered X-Men student (Melody Guthrie) and the pretty much the same powers as another (Wind Dancer), but yeah, she's not actually related to them in any way, I doubt the NetEase guys knew about the X girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    A timely publication that closed when Marvel arrived. Spider-Girl is the longest publication started during the Marvel era with a female protagonist
    I think what should've been said there is that Mayday's book is Marvel's longest running female superhero title. That would disqualify Millie the Model as she's a slice of life character.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-16-2019 at 06:02 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman