Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Cool to see Morrison's concepts come into play, but its bittersweet because seeing it reminds of happier times for me overall that are long gone today.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

I loved this. Utterly loved it. That last panel stinger was obviously some wonderful ruthless pragmatism, but I think most of all I liked the creativity on display in Luthor's Multiversal Murder Spree of Solipsism.

High points were definitely the worlds where Russell really stretched his legs with the Luthors. Generations Alexander was a solid choice for companion for a lot of reasons, as was the Black Mercy hints built into the state. But it was definitely Earth-32 and the Super-Martian and Bat-Luthor being partners/lovers that felt high concept and really well defined and dimensional. It had a slightly Midnighter/Apollo vibe. This is the same universe as Bat-Lantern, too, so it's just fascinating to think of whatever their mish-mash composite timeline looks like.

Earth-1 was interesting. Very, subtly interesting and thought-provoking. Earth-50 and the backstory of the Justice Lords was a fun easter egg. Earth-44 (where the Justice League are Metal Men of Wil Magnus' creation) was unique. Earth-13 was pretty par for the course. But I was blown away by the Gardener Luthor of Earth-47, the Luthor of the Sunshine Superman Hippy Earth. Like, Black Mercy space tea and deep philosophy, man. So yeah, EARTH-32 and EARTH-47 were just really interesting to play around with.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Astonishing Member

Wait wait wait. Could anyone please explain the Earth-1 thing? I know Multiversity by heart and - unfortunately - I have read the Superman Earth 1 trilogy as well.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Earth 38, WHAT WHAT! Only quibble is that Superboy on Earth 38 took place in the 1920s. That doesn't look like the 1920s. Hitch may not have known that.
    Assassinate Putin!

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Wait wait wait. Could anyone please explain the Earth-1 thing? I know Multiversity by heart and - unfortunately - I have read the Superman Earth 1 trilogy as well.
    In this universe, Luthor actually is a good man, But he was injured by Zod during his fight with Supes when Lex trying to help Superman. And that makes him trapped in a state of coma, Though his fiancee(Or girlfriend?) Takes his name, Calling herself Lex( Which makes me surprised, I thought Luthor will visit this female Lex) And Luthor should be visited the future after this incident
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 09-18-2019 at 11:37 AM.
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Fantastic Member Man_of_Tomorrow's Avatar

Earth 1 being stealthy rebooted is enough to buy this book alone ��

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Good issue, Seeing different versions of Lex through the Multiverse is really interesting. What makes me a little disappoint is Earth-1 Lex isn't the Female version................
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    High points were definitely the worlds where Russell really stretched his legs with the Luthors.
    This one was Jason Latour, not Mark Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    In this universe, Luthor actually is a good man, But he was injured by Zod during his fight with Supes when Lex trying to help Superman. And that makes him trapped in a state of coma, Though his fiancee(Or girlfriend?) Takes his name, Calling herself Lex( Which makes me surprised, I thought Luthor will visit this female Lex)
    Yeah, but this was clearly a different take - the Lex here is a more classic take - so Earth One is no longer Earth 1, thank god.

So is Bat-Lantern also Luthor, and in the future he simply goes full Bat? Loved it, loved it all, especially that while they never SAY the Lex of Earth-LSD was growing lots of pot, of course he was. And Lex in the bed, and not being able to be sure exactly what 'our' Lex is thanking him for? Even with HoX on full throttle, this was easily my favorite of the week.
    Last edited by Dispenser Of Truth; 09-18-2019 at 11:42 AM.
    Buh-bye

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    In this universe, Luthor actually is a good man, But he was injured by Zod during his fight with Supes when Lex trying to help Superman. And that makes him trapped in a state of coma, Though his fiancee(Or girlfriend?) Takes his name, Calling herself Lex( Which makes me surprised, I thought Luthor will visit this female Lex) And Luthor should be visited the future after this incident
    Ok, thanks.
    It's almost disturbing that so many important DC stories in the latest 3-4 years focus on Multiversity (including Flashforward). I wonder if it's another hint of a looming crisis.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Man_of_Tomorrow View Post
    Earth 1 being stealthy rebooted is enough to buy this book alone ��
    WHAT?! Now I have to pick this up to see what they did.
    Assassinate Putin!

This was fantastic. Doomthor was amazing. I love how the Lex of Supermartian’s world was a Batman. I loved all the little cameos of other Lexs. I really want to know what went down on Earth 1 though. Is that a set up for something else? And of course Lex has got a back up plan of everything goes south lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    This was fantastic. Doomthor was amazing. I love how the Lex of Supermartian’s world was a Batman. I loved all the little cameos of other Lexs. I really want to know what went down on Earth 1 though. Is that a set up for something else? And of course Lex has got a back up plan of everything goes south lol.
    Yeah, I think it's a little too soon to assume this was a reboot. Keep in mind, this was the future. There could be any number of possible explanations for what went on here. Plus, notice the look on prime Luthor's face when he touched that universe's Luthor. He noticed something and then thanked "him". So there may be more going on here than we're seeing. Like they have plans or there is some sort of backstory here. Knowing DC, it will be another five to ten years before we find out what it is, though.

Keep in mind, also, this could all be part of the fantasy that prime Luthor cooked up in the Black Mercy. So none of this is actually happening.
    Last edited by superduperman; 09-18-2019 at 03:19 PM.
    Assassinate Putin!

I'm really behind on all the Justice League stuff. Can I read this and still get what's going on?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm really behind on all the Justice League stuff. Can I read this and still get what's going on?
    Kind of. It’s just Lex visiting his counterparts across the Multiverse. Why he’s visiting them and why he looks the way he looks only makes sense if you’ve read Snyder’s JL though.

Okay, I have a general understanding of what was going in in JL up until a few months ago. Thank ya!