Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
I worry it may be too late by then should that happen, a lot of Jon's fans have or are losing interest. My girlfriend was the biggest Super Sons fan I know (she gave the book out to friends/younger relatives) and she completely doesn't care about Jon anymore. At this point, I think Legion's the best bet to keep Jon around (despite my wishing that he was still a child).
Gotta agree. Sometimes a change catches on.

For the most part prior to Bendis when is the last time the Planet really mattered in Superman? It's not hard to imagine Superman losing Clark Kent permanently since his on panel time out of costume amongst people unaware of his dual ID is almost nil between New Krypton and Bendis as far as present day in-continuity stuff. Even if the identity genie is back in the bottle post-Bendis, Clark as an actual on-going part of his daily life isn't guaranteed a return,

Jon's character may spend as much time as an older Legionnaire as he did as a kid leaving DC without a strong reason to bring back the pre-teen version. And if he is successful enough with the Legion that present day Jon stories aren't as big a draw he might be kept in the 31st century as a concept. It's happened to Superboys before (Clark in the 70's, Kon around 2005)

And the Lois/Clark marriage was scrapped in the New-52. It came back, but like the Spider-marriage it has some big name people who'd love to sink it. If Bendis' idea of them living largely separate lives catches on ...

So while most things go in patterns, there are some that don't go back to the original status quo and some that take decades to come back (how long was Kara out as Supergirl post-Crisis? Clark's super-boyhood?). So there is no guarantee Bendis' leaving returns all the tools to the toolbox.