Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by DoodleMaster View Post
    I feel like I missed some of the story. Where was it shown that Jor-El created Rogol? In another super-book? Did the trial take place in another issue? So Superman has no final conversation with his dad?

Help.
    There were allusions to something, but all this was dumped on us this issue. I'd imagine we'll see fill-in in the next one. Hopefully.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    There were allusions to something, but all this was dumped on us this issue. I'd imagine we'll see fill-in in the next one. Hopefully.
    Thanks, JAK. Did not seem like Bendis at all to do all that off-panel. But I'm ready for the next story anyway.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoodleMaster View Post
    Thanks, JAK. Did not seem like Bendis at all to do all that off-panel. But I'm ready for the next story anyway.
    Yeah, if I had to guess, I'd say it was deliberate, and in service of keeping Jor-El around even after his death. Since Clark noticed the kryptonite radiation getting Zaar last issue, and Zaar saying he knew Jor-El even better than Clark, Adam's words kind of acted as the missing bit in Clark's mind. That said, we're deliberately not shown or told the details, and there are several conflicting factors. One of the big ones being the fact that apparently Zaar had a whole ("mongrel" as Gandello liked to call them) race. So either Jor-El created a whole race, experimented on one, or, my personal theory, deliberately bred with one. There's still the fact that Jax-Ur said that Jor-El avoided the responsibility of his "children", and Zaar insists on wearing the House of El cape even though he's supposed to hate it.

Plus, we're still likely to find out what "deals" he made during the decade or so he was searching for Jon across space and time. They bring it up as part of his charges. I think Jor-El's presence will be felt in the Superman book to posthumously drive story once Zaar is revisited. But we're likely to take a break from that with the next few issues if not arc.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Yeah, if I had to guess, I'd say it was deliberate, and in service of keeping Jor-El around even after his death. Since Clark noticed the kryptonite radiation getting Zaar last issue, and Zaar saying he knew Jor-El even better than Clark, Adam's words kind of acted as the missing bit in Clark's mind. That said, we're deliberately not shown or told the details, and there are several conflicting factors. One of the big ones being the fact that apparently Zaar had a whole ("mongrel" as Gandello liked to call them) race. So either Jor-El created a whole race, experimented on one, or, my personal theory, deliberately bred with one. There's still the fact that Jax-Ur said that Jor-El avoided the responsibility of his "children", and Zaar insists on wearing the House of El cape even though he's supposed to hate it.

Plus, we're still likely to find out what "deals" he made during the decade or so he was searching for Jon across space and time. They bring it up as part of his charges. I think Jor-El's presence will be felt in the Superman book to posthumously drive story once Zaar is revisited. But we're likely to take a break from that with the next few issues if not arc.
    I was thinking the same, in regards to keeping Jor-El around as a presence. I feel his shadow will continue to cast shade over future proceedings.

It would also be interesting at some point to see Superman do a little time travel to when Jor-El was still being held prisoner, to have a conversation or two. I'm sure Clark will get his goodbye eventually.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

The only part I don't get with all this is as it pertains to Mr. Oz and Doctor Manhattan. It would be interesting to know if the judges/jury/whatever talked with him about his time in that, and perhaps sent him back instead of killing him outright as some measure of leniency (maybe to see Lara again one last time) in exchange for information.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Just read the issue.

I'll say this much for Bendis, he does tend to swing for the fences, as they say in baseball.

This is big stuff, and I still maintain he oddly has a handle on Clark's voice, but zero handle on his relationships with his wife and son.

Did anyone else think that Zod's swarthier complexion in this storyline was a nod to Colin Salmon's excellent portrayal of the General on the TV show KRYPTON?

I wish Jor-El had simply died on Krypton with Lara and never became Mr.Oz or Insane Grandpa. What a hit job.

Prediction: Rogol Zaar will go the way of Equus and never be used by another writer ever again. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Love the multiracial look of the new Legion. Hate that Mon-El didn't get any acknowledgement at all (I know I'm alone on the island of "Lar Gand could be the Dick Grayson of the Superverse").

My whole thing with the Legion: I honestly never cared for them as a full- fledged franchise (superheroes and future sci-fi are two great tastes that do not go great together, like ice cream on steak). I only care about LOSH as the 10- year training period (13 to 23) for young Clark to fully master his powers and gain experience and make all the rookie mistakes he won't make as Superman. Anything beyond that is whatever to me.

The previews that Superman will be giving up his Clark Kent identity just proves that there will definitely be another reset once Bendis leaves (probably either Superman #25 or ..gulp ... #50). There is no way main canon Superman exists without a secret identity past an extended storyline.

Also, didn't buy that the waring factions would immediately take the Legion's word about who they were and why this would work. They should have been a lot more suspicious. And the freaking Khunds buying in right away ... yeah, no.

Still, liked seeing Kal,Kara,Jon and Krypto all together finally heading back to Earth.

5/10.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Just read the issue.

I'll say this much for Bendis, he does tend to swing for the fences, as they say in baseball.

This is big stuff, and I still maintain he oddly has a handle on Clark's voice, but zero handle on his relationships with his wife and son.

Did anyone else think that Zod's swarthier complexion in this storyline was a nod to Colin Salmon's excellent portrayal of the General on the TV show KRYPTON?

I wish Jor-El had simply died on Krypton with Lara and never became Mr.Oz or Insane Grandpa. What a hit job.

Prediction: Rogol Zaar will go the way of Equus and never be used by another writer ever again. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Love the multiracial look of the new Legion. Hate that Mon-El didn't get any acknowledgement at all (I know I'm alone on the island of "Lar Gand could be the Dick Grayson of the Superverse").

My whole thing with the Legion: I honestly never cared for them as a full- fledged franchise (superheroes and future sci-fi are two great tastes that do not go great together, like ice cream on steak). I only care about LOSH as the 10- year training period (13 to 23) for young Clark to fully master his powers and gain experience and make all the rookie mistakes he won't make as Superman. Anything beyond that is whatever to me.

The previews that Superman will be giving up his Clark Kent identity just proves that there will definitely be another reset once Bendis leaves (probably either Superman #25 or ..gulp ... #50). There is no way main canon Superman exists without a secret identity past an extended storyline.

Also, didn't buy that the waring factions would immediately take the Legion's word about who they were and why this would work. They should have been a lot more suspicious. And the freaking Khunds buying in right away ... yeah, no.

Still, liked seeing Kal,Kara,Jon and Krypto all together finally heading back to Earth.

5/10.
    That would make sense as all signs point to another Crisis on the horizon. It’s possible Bendis knows this and DC has given him free reign to do whatever he wants with Superman. Anything that doesn’t work can just be wiped away.

So I haven’t read the whole story; what exactly did jor- el do that he had to be punished for? Created Rogol Zor to do what exactly? I did like the truce between Clark and did, though.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    So I haven’t read the whole story; what exactly did jor- el do that he had to be punished for? Created Rogol Zor to do what exactly? I did like the truce between Clark and did, though.
    Screwed with the timeline with all his time travel. Also he was supposed to have died on Krypton so they basically corrected his unexpected survival.

The creation of Rogal Zaar also played into it apparently, with that cabal of the Circle falling apart, I think most participants were dead except for him. But yeah, Jor El's time travel while Jon was on Earth 3 apparently mucked up plenty.

I'm sure all this is being left for the inevitable arc where Zaar breaks out and Superman has to deal with him. All that will come out at that point.