Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Of course it's not unreasonable. As X-fans we all come into this with certain expectations.
    What's unreasonable is not having your expectations met...but still hoping that they will be, when you know (by the reasons you give yourself) they won't ever be.

No offense taken, at all.
    I admit, I don't ever interact with the "haterz" in general because they don't offer any substance for their hate.
    You are one of the few who do bring something to the discussion...so I am happy to engage.
    And to be clear, I do clearly understand your perspective and respect it. And what I'm putting forth is just another option.
    I understand, and I appreciate it now that you've clarified; I still don't see it that way though. I need much more convincing on panel/in narrativeand, to be honest, with everyone harping on about how amazing a writer Hickman is, well...I expected more than just "because I said so." It's strange too; everyone's saying these are better stories than what's been happening in the past decade, but I don't agree: I though the teen o5 were much more engaging for the growth and differences they offered those characters, for example. X-Men Blue seemed to have so much more substance on a smaller scope; considering how it got wiped out for this, well...

I think that's where a lot of the criticism comes from too. It doesn't feel justified enough yet so far as wiping out entire lines go. But ya know.

But, seriously; I'm not the only one in the history of ever who's continued to criticise in the face of not having their expectations met. You should check out the Batgirl tags on DC! In many cases, it's actually helped influence writers to a degree on how they approach topics; the fans felt engaged with on the good and the bad.
    Last edited by Domino_Dare-Doll; 12-06-2019 at 01:02 PM.