Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    People have said that?
    Yeah, it was weird and unncecessary.

But we got over it. Who knows, maybe they'll be right at the end of the day and Marvel and Hickman are lying to us.

It was absolutely rude, though, and I don't know why the posters saying that thought it was ok.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

The question of the X-men's morality seems to be bleeding into something unnecessary. I hope civil discussions are still possible regardless of one's interpretation of the work.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Yeah, it was weird and unncecessary.

But we got over it. Who knows, maybe they'll be right at the end of the day and Marvel and Hickman are lying to us.

It was absolutely rude, though, and I don't know why the posters saying that thought it was ok.
    After playing Three Houses, i know the feeling lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I wonder why the focus on these are good guys, x-men should always be the good guys. if they need to say it, it is because they did something wrong
    Heh.
    Alternative hot take: The X-Men, since their inception, have ALWAYS had to remind everyone they encounter that they are the good guys.

"Feared & Hated"

For the creative team to reiterate that fact in the interview, just feels like reassurance -- especially since there is all this talk by readers believing that taking a hard stance on no longer being victims = villainy.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

its released?
    we can be heroes, just for one day

It was pretty clear that Orchis is horrendously evil, they were experimenting on mutant children and the X-Men mission right from the beginning in X-Men #1 was to rescue all the mutant children that were being held by Orchis at their base.

Magneto was torn about going after the pre post-human, but Scott said that the mission was to rescue the mutant children and the Quiet Council would have to decide if they want to investigate further or pursue Orchis further.

Storm's anger becomes way more justified when you realize that the Orchis agents were experimenting and torturing mutant children. Now it makes a lot more sense why the X-Men would despise these Orchis agents and scientists.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    It was pretty clear that Orchis is horrendously evil, they were experimenting on mutant children and the X-Men mission right from the beginning in X-Men #1 was to rescue all the mutant children that were being held by Orchis at their base.

Magneto was torn about going after the pre post-human, but Scott said that the mission was to rescue the mutant children and the Quiet Council would have to decide if they want to investigate further or pursue Orchis further.

Storm's anger becomes way more justified when you realize that the Orchis agents were experimenting and torturing mutant children. Now it makes a lot more sense why the X-Men would despise these Orchis agents and scientists.
    So they really are the good guys and acting heroically...imagine that.

If one didn't have a brain to think for one's self, one would have been led to believe that Scott and the X-Men have all turned to the dark side, drinking human blood with the Mephisto while sitting on thrones made out of the skulls of the humans they killed for sport.

HiX-Man must have read all those CBR posts and rushed to re-write his scripts.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

If one didn't have a brain to think for one's self, one would have been led to believe that Scott and the X-Men have all turned to the dark side, drinking human blood with the Mephisto while sitting on thrones made out of the skulls of the humans they killed for sport.

I mean, the Hydra, HAMMER and AIM alignment should have made it all pretty clear from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post

Well said. I too rolled my eyes at how evil Orchis truly is and felt good about my previous decision to 100% back the X-Men on their new direction. The issue was delightful to me, I truly loved all of it.

I would have liked to see a little more from Rachel but I get the feeling she'll be explored more as she doesn't seem all too happy with everything.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Heh.
    Alternative hot take: The X-Men, since their inception, have ALWAYS had to remind everyone they encounter that they are the good guys.

"Feared & Hated"

For the creative team to reiterate that fact in the interview, just feels like reassurance -- especially since there is all this talk by readers believing that taking a hard stance on no longer being victims = villainy.
    Yeah, considering Hickman's answers to questions this week, it does seem like they are addressing 'concerns' from the vocal fanbase not compensating for anything they did 'wrong'.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

I'm loving your posts.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Heh.

"Feared & Hated"

But that is only in the marvel universe. for readers they were always the good guys

But that is only in the marvel universe.
    And they still are.
    TA-DAH!
    Despite the sudden concern within certain members of the readership which is likely why they said what they said when they said it.

for readers they were always the good guys
    Perhaps you've not dipped your toe in the Avengers boards? lol

And they still are.
    TA-DAH!
    Despite the sudden concern within certain members of the readership which is likely why they said what they said when they said it.

Perhaps you've not dipped your toe in the Avengers boards? lol
    Well avengers boards are the inversion of x-men boards

I always thought avengers fan simply doesn't care about mutants

Well avengers boards are the inversion of x-men boards

I always thought avengers fan simply doesn't care about mutants
    See, there's that broad painting strokes again.
    Not all humans hate mutants. Not all Avengers are a-holes. Not all mutants are good guys. Not all Marvelites despise DC. etc blah blah.

That's on me though. I was just making a joke that may be laced in some truth that not all readership acknowledge the X-Men as good guys.