Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    My issue is, they perfected the big sword with Rasputin, why aren't they just forwarding that design. It's the best the soul sword has ever looked.
    I agree. I've grown fond of the more subdued blade (less of a surf board) and its unifying design elements paired with Illyana's head gear.

I really wish Jono's look from Spurrier's X-Men Legacy had stuck around. Best outfit he's had since GenX originally kicked off.

Fantastic Member

About Rahne...

There have been a lot of complaints about how Peter David "ruined" the character.

Maybe this version of Rahne will be from an earlier copy of her "animus" from before all the X-Factor crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I really wish Jono's look from Spurrier's X-Men Legacy had stuck around. Best outfit he's had since GenX originally kicked off.
    yeah, same. I cant tell which one of these 3 new designs are the best. I dont think the scarf works well with the uniform.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    About Rahne...

There have been a lot of complaints about how Peter David "ruined" the character.

Maybe this version of Rahne will be from an earlier copy of her "animus" from before all the X-Factor crap.
    Eh, imo, Weir and DeFilippis and KYost did more damage than PAD. Rhane's reaction to RicStar wasn't ideal, but was believable given her upbringing, which isn't to say that it couldn't have been handled better.
    Last edited by Dante Milton; 09-30-2019 at 10:26 AM. Reason: spelling is hard

Yeah New Mutants v2 Rahne was horrible and very out of character to the point where she might as well have been someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I agree. I've grown fond of the more subdued blade (less of a surf board) and its unifying design elements paired with Illyana's head gear.
    I'm actually a big fan of her new style as well. I know I've said it before on these forums, but when I tweeted at RR about the character design and the sword, he replied that it wasn't artistic choice to bring her back into "slim sword" look, meaning it was Hickman or someone else that made the call for story purposes. Makes it odd then that she's keeping the other elements of that design. I already miss the "Cloud" sword frankly.

Would people be open to Magik using both swords? Like give each form a purpose and it changes depending on what Magik wants. Maybe the big one could be for damage and have it cause physical destruction, whereas the OG look is for magic and has more astral properties

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I really love the new cohesive-yet individual looks. Even the fact that Illyana's is all-black (I do prefer the boob window/long pants look, though...and I wish they would give her actual horns instead of the sticky-out head-blades).
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Perhaps there will be (what if) an issue devoted entirely to Magik's fashion, her fairy book/kid's lit wardrobe, her 'portal' closet, her 'displaced bedroom' - has she ever had her own room anywhere (think mansion, Belasco's mansion, her own Hell etc, a comic that explore her cabinets, her moments, her cut out self that she attires, her being turned from the door by her parents 'because your too old to be her' childhood where her soviet era farm cloths may have been still there and folded, or maybe her 80's America Mall preadolescent new wave punk digs that must have been hand me downed to cool kids...and now again, quick skip up to Emma Frost as adult fashion template...etc...because it matters to fans, a lot...talked about a lot...and it's appropriate for a New Mutants story.

Worthwhile. Sometimes is patience and time. Not a single 'issue' really...an ongoing thread "she changed again" Rahne said...Dani noticed...Sam had no idea...Bobby somehow resented...X'ian wanted to too but blamed herself for thinking it, Warlock felt deeply and didn't understand, Cypher read as 'a form of expression without meaning..." but that's just how he translated it...

Yea, Leah Williams could script it.
    Adam Gorham could draw versions and share them not as solicitations but just because he does. And for me, at least, his Illyana is somehow real'ish
    tj maxx, Salvation Army and Good Will.

Attachment 87666

And I have also always liked this Phil Noto very 'classic' New Mutants Magik.

Attachment 87667
    it's just a regular sword (like one from a stone from a cartoon from a time when the TV was just on)

I do have high hopes for this ongoing. Of course 'War Children' was amazing and is...and yet I'm really glad it was and if done again will be 'self contained' and in continuity with what was...X-Verse should always be multi-verse...BUT, I'm happy this New Mutants is in new dawn a new era and has a (so far) really kinda knowable yet fluid feel and look. This and the main X-title are so very promising to me. Hickman is heroic and seems to even get that artistic heroism takes from everything...and gives nothing back to everything...that part is in the long form of the as to be, but not to have been yet.

Yanna's clothing. I mean, of course I can relate. I have no idea how 'I want' to dress. Sometimes choosing between a standard uniform (what a refeif) or something that screams 'I've been through Hell FOR REAL' just seems so much easier, than what is it now, Urban Outfitters' endlessly fast and unattached subscription rental sets?
    Last edited by sungila; 09-30-2019 at 11:34 AM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Based on what we know, what do you think of this so far?

Granted, it's minimal, but...
    • The New Mutants (consisting of the classic Magik, Karma, Mirage, Wolfsbane, Cypher w/ Warlock and Sunspot, alongside newcomers Chamber and Mondo) reform and go to space to find Cannonball.
    • They team up with the Starjammers.
    • They find Cannonball and it looks like he rejoins their ranks.
    • They also meet former student and alien prince Kid Gladiator.
    • They fight Deathbird.
    • Also, Armor, Glob Herman, Manon and Maxine are involved in some way.
    • The overall style is a massive homage to the '80s, from the artwork, the covers, and the logo redesigned to be even more retro.
    • It's a shift in style, featuring the team, but transitioning from horror and mystical-inspired stories in favor of spacefaring adventure.

Overall, I'm really excited for it. I'm excited for all titles, but this one is especially growing on me. The art style alone gives me a soft spot for it. Hope it lives up.

Where was Kid Gladiator confirmed?

Not 100% technically, but the shadow and their reactions leave little to guess.

Could (preferrably) be proper Gladiator.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Eh, imo, Weir and DeFilippis and KYost did more damage than PAD. Rhane's reaction to RicStar wasn't ideal, but was believable given her upbringing, which isn't to say that it couldn't have been handled better.
    Yeah, honestly, I don't remember a lot of complaints about PAD's Rahne. It was more the people before and after him...

I thought that was Dad Gladiator.