Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

We know Brisson can't get away with shelving the main team. Cause Cebulski would stab him if he did anything to his girls magik and mirage.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    We know Brisson can't get away with shelving the main team. Cause Cebulski would stab him if he did anything to his girls magik and mirage.
    The New Mutants could be spread out over some Wave 2 books and existing titles. Leah Williams would probably kill to have Magik.

I think its shady that they gave Brisson a stealth NextGen kids book by promoting it as a Hickman New Mutant title

^was thinking the saaame thing. Thats alot of characters that are gonna be taking up panel time.

BANNED

LOL, they said it was Brisson's book and that Hickman was shepherding it and writing the first arc from day 1.

I think it is extremely unlikely the book will drop the NMs and become a Glob Herman Show. Hickman is very involved in these books and has said the New Mutants are important to him. We also don't even know who the secondary team is, and y'all are jumping to "the New Mutants are out, it's Glob time"? This reminds me of that "Emma is the villain of Marauders" crap.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    LOL, they said it was Brisson's book and that Hickman was shepherding it and writing the first arc from day 1.

I think it is extremely unlikely the book will drop the NMs and become a Glob Herman Show. Hickman is very involved in these books and has said the New Mutants are important to him. We also don't even know who the secondary team is, and y'all are jumping to "the New Mutants are out, it's Glob time"? This reminds me of that "Emma is the villain of Marauders" crap.
    The team is led by Armor and will feature the youth of Krakoa. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to see that the team members will likely be made up of any number of young characters from her era and/or introduced after. The ones that Brisson is fond of are very likely

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The team is led by Armor and will feature the youth of Krakoa.
    There are a lot of youth on Krakoa. And again, none of this indicates the New Mutants are being ousted from their own book. The secondary team angle was baked in from the start.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I hope what ends up happening is that the title is used as what is effectively a backdoor pilot for another book and that either the classic NM or the Academy X kids get their own title by Brisson in Wave 2. Honestly, as adults, the New Mutants shouldn't be New Mutants. They should just graduate to something more accurate, like X-Factor.

So... Brisson and whoever on New Mutants ft the Academy kids and then either Hickman or Brisson and Reis on X-Factor with the classic NM.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

There are a lot of youth on Krakoa. And again, none of this indicates the New Mutants are being ousted from their own book. The secondary team angle was baked in from the start.
    Yes and most of this youth consists of Academy X through Wolverine and the X-men kids. You are fooling yourself if the team wont be made up of them

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I hope what ends up happening is that the title is used as what is effectively a backdoor pilot for another book and that either the classic NM or the Academy X kids get their own title by Brisson in Wave 2. Honestly, as adults, the New Mutants shouldn't be New Mutants. They should just graduate to something more accurate, like X-Factor.

So... Brisson and whoever on New Mutants ft the Academy kids and then either Hickman or Brisson and Reis on X-Factor with the classic NM.
    Didnt even think of this but are the New Mutants, New Mutants in this book? In Zeb's book, they were all considered X-men and NM was merely the title

I don't think the secondary team will replace the NM, but if anyone thinks that the secondary team won't be Glob and the crew then you are definitely kidding yourself.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

BANNED

Yes and most of this youth consists of Academy X through Wolverine and the X-men kids. You are fooling yourself if the team wont be made up of them
    And? Fine by me. What I take exception to is the wild-ass leap that the New Mutants will be ousted from their own book and focus. Fortunately this is not as stupid as the Marauders solicit scuffle a month or two ago.

Didnt even think of this but are the New Mutants, New Mutants in this book? In Zeb's book, they were all considered X-men and NM was merely the title
    It's probably the same situation, but I dunno, I feel like them being referred to as New Mutants in general is regressive. It's like when they threw Starfire, Cyborg, Beast Boy, and Raven back on the Teen Titans.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

It's probably the same situation, but I dunno, I feel like them being referred to as New Mutants in general is regressive. It's like when they threw Starfire, Cyborg, Beast Boy, and Raven back on the Teen Titans.
    I've said this before, but I agree. I understand it for branding/sales purposes and because of Hickman's love for the OG group, but I wish they had both new uniforms and a new name. I hope the book will make it very clear the OGs are a different unit not to be seen as the junior squad.

I've said this before, but I agree. I understand it for branding/sales purposes and because of Hickman's love for the OG group, but I wish they had both new uniforms and a new name. I hope the book will make it very clear the OGs are a different unit not to be seen as the junior squad.
    I'm ultimately fine with the uniforms. I can seriously dig a blue/black and gold ensemble uniform, and the ones that we're seeing here look great (for that matter, they looked good in Dead Souls too and I wish Illyana had gotten a redesign). But... I don't think they should be called the New Mutants. Make them X-Factor. It's a team name that selled with a bunch of characters that have decent fanbases.

I'm ultimately fine with the uniforms. I can seriously dig a blue/black and gold ensemble uniform, and the ones that we're seeing here look great (for that matter, they looked good in Dead Souls too and I wish Illyana had gotten a redesign). But... I don't think they should be called the New Mutants. Make them X-Factor. It's a team name that selled with a bunch of characters that have decent fanbases.
    nah Id rather this stay New Mutants than X-Factor. If they had to do a reshuffle, then this should have been named X-Force and X-Force, be X-Factor