Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

I relooked at HOX6 and that was definitely Magma that was launching a volcano in celebration with the Resurrection 5. I hope we get some mention what Amara’s up to. Kinda think she’ll end up in background though, especially if you consider that there’s no plans for Dazzler, Siryn, or Banshee who were on that same page. Just odd that she wouldn’t be with this team. Maybe she’s overseeing the new recruits? I guess we’ll see soon enough.

BANNED

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...tants-at-nycc/

The Hickman space arc is 4 issues long.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post

I really want to love this series, but everytime Brisson mentions Glob I get more and more turned off.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I really want to love this series, but everytime Brisson mentions Glob I get more and more turned off.
    I feel the same way man. They keep trying to force certain characters on to the fans and it makes me lose some enthusiasm for the series.

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    I feel the same way man. They keep trying to force certain characters on to the fans and it makes me lose some enthusiasm for the series.
    Same. I’ll totally give the first arc a shot, but after that... it all depends on focus and stories. Can’t say I’m super excited anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Same, I don't want the focus on his Gen Next team. I can get behind some cameos or even a couple dedicated issues, but I hope it stays like that and we'll get the originals + Gen X as the main New Mutants cast.
    Last edited by Veitha; 10-08-2019 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Illyana front and center...I love it!

Can anyone give me a crash course on Mondo?
    I tried looking his bio up, but apparently he was not around for very long and was a clone?
    When it comes to Mondo, I tend to think that "Going In Assuming We Know Nothing..." is the play.

Ugh, torn. Cypher and Chamber are two of my faves. Glob, Armor, and M&M... I don't like so much. As in, at all. Maybe I'll just get the first four issues and leave it at that.

Yeah I want to see what Hickman does with the first 4 issues. I don't really care for Brisson's Glob love and Armor is meh to me. Maxine and Manon are interesting because we don't know who their parents are but we shall see.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't mind Karma's prosthetic leg...I just wish it looked more, refined.
    Forge...FORGE...is on the island and she's wearing something that was apparently designed and made back in the 1800's.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Yes, please!

Bah, kinda expected this. Hopefully Brisson spreads the love and it's not the Glob Herman & Friends show.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    When it comes to Mondo, I tend to think that "Going In Assuming We Know Nothing..." is the play.
    That I can do!

I think/hope we're all being prematurely triggered by Glob's inclusion. hahaha.

The first arc in space, is a 4 issue arc.
    The 2nd arc focuses on "spreading the good word" (good gawd, that sounds so very weird) by way of the Youths going door to door. Perhaps that too will be 4 issues.
    The article on Gizmodo rehashing expectations states that more X-youths from the New X-Men and from Generation X can be expected as the book goes on.
    I remain optimistic that eventually we'll see the likes of Synch, Penance (Monet), Anole, Skin, Surge, etc.

I'd love to see the 3rd (or peppered within the 2nd arc) with a subplot of how they reintegrate with Krakoan society. Kind of like the tour given in the first issue(?) to the humans.

Maybe that's Amara's gig. haha. She helps facilitate orientation, handing out welcome packets, going over rules, assigning residency, offering job opportunities, directing folks to avoid Emplate (haha), etc.

I feel like Monet is going to have a bigger role elsewhere because Hickman likes her too much for her to just show up in a few issues as opposed to being a regular cast member in another book. Or hell, she can just do both. More Monet!

They should just give Brisson a younger generation book for Wave 2 that deals with the culture and orientation of Krakoan society.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    I feel like Monet is going to have a bigger role elsewhere because Hickman likes her too much for her to just show up in a few issues as opposed to being a regular cast member in another book. Or hell, she can just do both. More Monet!

They should just give Brisson a younger generation book for Wave 2 that deals with the culture and orientation of Krakoan society.
    Yeah I would like a separate New Mutants/Original Generation X book (as the grown-up students that are now X-Men), and one about the younger Krakoan generation.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah I would like a separate New Mutants/Original Generation X book (as the grown-up students that are now X-Men), and one about the younger Krakoan generation.
    Agree with both of you. NM/GX are kind of their own thing at this point. Hell NXM should be really too but meh. But yeah a distinction between 20somethings who are struggling with basically being adults now and still never having lived their dream of replacing the X-Men versus actually youthful mutants who are going to exist in a more proper "school" environment.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY