Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Why is Glob so hated? Also other then his ugly look does he have an actual power?

Fantastic Member

Sucks Hickman's arc is only 4. I'd rather the Young X/Gen X have their own book .... and not by Brisson. Brisson seems pretty meh and I don't care about those dumb twins he wants to force.

I think its because there are other characters that deserve focus and he gets in with like every new relaunch. But that's just me.

I want some focus on Hellion, Mercury, Surge, and more of Anole (for me).

Imagine if they would just give them on whole issue and a couple of lines and moment in other issues.

But nope. We get Glob.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Which character is pushed harder by writers, Herman Glob or Quentin Quire?
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Why is Glob so hated? Also other then his ugly look does he have an actual power?
    I think it's similar to why people dislike Quentin. His original characterization during Morrison's run is generally discarded by recent writers who instead gave him an uwu, I'm just misunderstood and a freak among freaks, attempted sympathetic portrayal. And for me it reads as kind of hollow. And, yeah, people would prefer other student characters getting focus.

His power is that his skin is a paraffin wax, which he can ignite and throw at people. He supposedly has extra durability, but that doesn't really make a lot of sense to me, as wax isn't particularly more durable than normal skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I think it's similar to why people dislike Quentin. His original characterization during Morrison's run is generally discarded by recent writers who instead gave him an uwu, I'm just misunderstood and a freak among freaks, attempted sympathetic portrayal. And for me it reads as kind of hollow. And, yeah, people would prefer other student characters getting focus.

His power is that his skin is a paraffin wax, which he can ignite and throw at people. He supposedly has extra durability, but that doesn't really make a lot of sense to me, as wax isn't particularly more durable than normal skin.
    Plus he is somehow invulnerable or highly resistant to TP. If he was able to ignite on command it would be much cooler. But he needed enhancements to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Pretty much. Kid betrayed the school twice, then he's suddenly a poor li'l sadsack who just wants to be loved. These two characterizations aren't incompatible; Glob, for example, might have acted out in part because he felt his appearance meant he'd never be accepted. But no writer between Aaron and Brisson touched on that enough that the about-face really made sense; the closest we got was in the "Spider-Man and the X-Men" series from a few years back, and that was largely done as humor. So he's basically this guy one writer keeps asking readers to care about, and I still have absolutely no reason to be invested.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Plus he is somehow invulnerable or highly resistant to TP. If he was able to ignite on command it would be much cooler. But he needed enhancements to do that.
    I thought Glob and Match being able to do something like a flaming fastball special was kinda fun. XD

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't hate Glob. I'm quite apathetic towards him, actually...since way back in the Morisson run.
    Maybe Brisson will be able to pique my interest in him.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

One pair of unstable molecules please.
    Last edited by sungila; 10-08-2019 at 12:18 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

My guess is Magma will be not heard from at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    My guess is Magma will be not heard from at all!
    this aint her?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    this aint her?

Boom Boom!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Boom Boom!
    Awww, poor Magma

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

My hope is that Magma is either on the Earth welcoming committee like Tabby appears to be or she's in Ed's, Leah's, or Vita's upcoming wave 2 titles.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    My hope is that Magma is either on the Earth welcoming committee like Tabby appears to be or she's in Ed's, Leah's, or Vita's upcoming wave 2 titles.
    Yeah I’m hoping she’d back at Krakoa overseeing the new new mutants. But also just thought of this, since space mission maybe her powers wouldn’t be effective? Keep her on Earth? Kinda logical, so hopefully that’s the easy explanation and she’s around.