Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    nah Id rather this stay New Mutants than X-Factor. If they had to do a reshuffle, then this should have been named X-Force and X-Force, be X-Factor
    My thought process was that the New Mutants were once the students of the original X-Factor, and Rahne has been a member of X-Factor multiple times in the past, so it wouldn't be unprecedented.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    My thought process was that the New Mutants were once the students of the original X-Factor, and Rahne has been a member of X-Factor multiple times in the past, so it wouldn't be unprecedented.
    The NMers werent really wards of X-Factor. I mean technically but almost immediately X-Factor got thrust into Judgement War and the NM went to Asgard and were adopted by Cable. Their connection to the original X-Factor is weak especially since none of the X-terminators are here

BANNED

NEW MUTANTS #3
    THE FUTURE COMES KNOCKING!
    While the original New Mutants are off in space, the rest of the youth of Krakoa begin to make the future they want to live in. First up – Armor’s outreach party, seeking young mutants who have chosen not to come to Krakoa.

NEW MUTANTS #4
    THE EXPLOSIVE RETURN OF CANNONBALL!
    The team has reached the Shi’ar Galaxy only to find the empire in turmoil! Deathbird returns and she won’t let Bobby and Sam get in the way of what she wants!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    NEW MUTANTS #3
    THE FUTURE COMES KNOCKING!
    While the original New Mutants are off in space, the rest of the youth of Krakoa begin to make the future they want to live in. First up – Armor’s outreach party, seeking young mutants who have chosen not to come to Krakoa.

NEW MUTANTS #4
    THE EXPLOSIVE RETURN OF CANNONBALL!
    The team has reached the Shi’ar Galaxy only to find the empire in turmoil! Deathbird returns and she won’t let Bobby and Sam get in the way of what she wants!

"...the rest of of the youth..." I was hoping the original NMs were not longer sitting at the kids' table, but this makes me think they've regressed and are now considered kids again.

Quote Originally Posted by jamgut View Post
    "...the rest of of the youth..." I was hoping the original NMs were not longer sitting at the kids' table, but this makes me think they've regressed and are now considered kids again.
    I keep goin back to my thought that the NM's look younger in these books and it's not necessarily artist choice to do that. They all look younger, and even Kitty looks purposely younger in Marauders. I originally thought this was perhaps Wave 1 books were Moira's 11th life... but after this week's reveal it makes me think that perhaps we're seeing the "best versions" of each character.

Based Glob is confirmed, as well as the french twins.

And they looks like Jehovah witnesses, so I guess that creepy cult imagery will still be there after HoXPox

Really hope they try to recrute Molly, just to see her slam the door at their faces when they tell her that her flatscan friends are not allowed in Mutant Holy Land.

1568904662913.jpg
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

*slams palm into forehead*

I was so worried about Glob that I forgot about Maxime and Manon

Oh look it's Glob..... who woulda thought? smh
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Based Glob is confirmed, as well as the french twins.

And they looks like Jehovah witnesses, so I guess that creepy cult imagery will still be there after HoXPox

Really hope they try to recrute Molly, just to see her slam the door at their faces when they tell her that her flatscan friends are not allowed in Mutant Holy Land.

1568904662913.jpg
    "Hello, can we talk to you about our creepy mutant island? :]"

"Go **** yourself."

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

What's with the shitty haircut on Hisako?
    "Cable was right!"

yikes we were so afraid of one terror that we forgot two others, man this is so disapp--

Quote Originally Posted by Reis
    Hisako's haircut
    --y'know guys i think we should all try to be more positive about life in general, put some trust in hickman and brisson and believe that they can bring out the best in each other, we know brisson has the potential to be great, it just has to be brought out through love and care and--
    Last edited by Snoop Dogg; 09-19-2019 at 08:54 AM.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What's with the shitty haircut on Hisako?
    She’s had a short cut for a while now. It’s been confusing especially during the arc returning the O5 differentiating her and Kitty when not armored.
    Glad Kitty grew her pony out again

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Is it so hard to draw the hime cut? The anime police ain't gonna knife you in your sleep if you draw a Japanese character with a hime cut. C'mon.
    "Cable was right!"

I wonder when the 2nd wave of Dawn of X comes out will they be splitting the original New Mutants into their own book. Maybe it depends on how popular New Mutants is as a book. I know Jonathan Hickman wants to rotate through as many of the characters as he can so that they all have a chance to "come out and play" instead of being stuck on the shelf all the time. That may be why they are rotating the cast in this book and alternating writers and artists.

Shipping two per month means ever other issue is Hickman's original New Mutants, and the other alternating story is the Gen X kids. Probably at some point the two will meet and the two divergent stories will link up together.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Is it so hard to draw the hime cut? The anime police ain't gonna knife you in your sleep if you draw a Japanese character with a hime cut. C'mon.
    just finished my googly search and first off how dare you
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate