Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    haha, Roberto is already planning to take over the universe and create his own empire.
    1st imperial order is to dissolve Cannonball's marriage.
    2nd imperial order is to make Sam his personal bodyguard.
    And then they fall in love.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    1st imperial order is to dissolve Cannonball's marriage.
    2nd imperial order is to make Sam his personal bodyguard.
    And then they fall in love.
    Gaaah If Roberto is the 'Mutant Superman'
    Blondes are DARFinitely his kryptonite
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Gaaah If Roberto is the 'Mutant Superman'
    Blondes are DARFinitely his kryptonite
    I want a scene of Berto calling Sam a gringo while theyre in bed.

Hi.

Hi there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

BANNED

And hello to you.

1178223_50.jpg

Arc 2: in which Sam must finally choose the Bobby he prefers.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I'm ultimately fine with the uniforms. I can seriously dig a blue/black and gold ensemble uniform, and the ones that we're seeing here look great (for that matter, they looked good in Dead Souls too and I wish Illyana had gotten a redesign). But... I don't think they should be called the New Mutants. Make them X-Factor. It's a team name that selled with a bunch of characters that have decent fanbases.
    The uniforms work as long as they have distinct body types. The original team had such a mix of skin and hair. It wouldn't work as well with, say, the Avengers, in which Hank Pym, Steve Rogers, and Clint Barton all are blond caucasians.

I realized recently that the uniforms are a limitation for cosplayers. It just says "New Mutant," and then your own skin tone and hair color determine which of them you are. (And in the current social climate, I strongly advise against makeup to change your skin tone.)

BANNED

Or they can all share beers together.
    But for the record Sunballs>>>>>Iceballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Hi.

Hi there.
    HOLY CATS!! Indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by RBerman View Post
    I realized recently that the uniforms are a limitation for cosplayers. It just says "New Mutant," and then your own skin tone and hair color determine which of them you are. (And in the current social climate, I strongly advise against makeup to change your skin tone.)
    If that's true I'm either Sunspot or (if you've only seen the movies) with my curly fro Amara in 'native disguise'

But nah when I cosplay as Magik Witches recognize and pay respect lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Plus he is somehow invulnerable or highly resistant to TP. If he was able to ignite on command it would be much cooler. But he needed enhancements to do that.
    Or he could carry a handheld device that can spark butane into a flame. I hear that those exist.

BANNED

I didn't see all of this in the other thread

https://www.newsarama.com/47484-dawn...rcy-x-men.html

Nrama: Alright so, Ed, at the "Dawn of X" panel during New York Comic Con, we got the idea that the "New Mutants" name means a little bit more than we first thought. It's not just about a new, young class of mutants, but about a welcoming party to modern mutant society. How would you frame that in terms of how it fits into the larger narrative of what you and Hickman are doing?

Brisson: Well, I think that within the larger narrative, Krakoa is supposed to be this perfect site, it's a great place for the mutants to be in. And I think a lot of the newer mutants are younger. They're closer to that moment where they came into being mutants and felt like outsiders. Then finally, you have this place where they belong. So they just want to share it, you know? They think that where they live is a great place and they want everyone to take part in it. In a lot of ways, it's a hopeful book. There's a lot of hope and there's a lot of excitement. Everyone's happy for a little bit, you know? But obviously, it's X-Men, so not always.

Nrama: Those are famous last words in X-Men comics.

Brisson: I think it's an interesting way that we can introduce some new mutants, but also bring back some of the younger mutants that we haven't seen for awhile. I think it's just going to be a lot of fun and a great way to see them kind of just going door-to-door and being like, “Hey, have you heard the good word about Krakoa?”

Nrama: Are you saying that you may be creating a lot of new mutants?

Brisson: I'm not saying that. I want to be cautious. I don't want to say that, though there are maybe one or two new characters coming onto the table. I think that we have like 16,000 X-Men or however many there are. So we don't want to just keep adding, you know, we want to really develop -

Howard: We can bring back so many now.

Brisson: Yeah and in the New Mutants work we're going to try and just focus a little bit on some of the younger mutants that don't necessarily have the spotlight very often.

We're going to kind of recontextualize their powers a little bit. Mondo, for example, right away Mondo can interact with Krakoa it can almost become like part of Krakoa in a way that others can't. So we're going to be doing some kind of fun stuff and re-examine how the powers work.

Percy: Cypher, Gold Balls.

Brisson: Right. Cypher and Gold Balls.

Nrama: Yeah, I guess with everything that's been happening in terms of recontextualizing power sets it’s like, “well the idea is already out there. Now, how do we make it cooler?” which is great.

Brisson: Exactly. And hopefully a lot of characters get spotlight. Glob, I'm still working on. My number one Marvel character, you know.

Nrama: Cool. And so we know that Sunspot's looking to bring Cannonball back to the fold and the Starjammers are going to get involved. Can you tell us a little bit more about that arc?

Brisson: First of all, we just today renamed them the Spacejammers.

Nrama: Oh really?

Brisson: Not at all. [laughs]

I can't say too much because mostly that's sort of Jonathan stuff, but it's largely that you know, Cannonball's Bobby’s best buddy, right? And he's out in the Shi'ar Empire so he wants to - it's another like, you know, “Dude, you gotta come to Krakoa, it's amazing.” And so they hitch a ride with the Starjammers out to the Shi'ar Empire and the Starjammers get up to pirate shenanigans and really sort of screw over the New Mutants' plans. And so it's three issues of them trying to fight their way through the Shi'ar Empire. Beyond that, it's mostly Jonathan doing it, so I don't want to spoil his stuff.
    I know, people dislike Glob etc. But I am v excited about this book and I don't think the OGs are going anywhere.

Mighty Member

I would love to see adventures with the originals and then younger ones from the various “new mutants”. Surge or Hellion. Synch and Skin. Mix it up, but always have it predominantly the OG. I think a really great writer could juggle a large rotating cast... you can always focus on a back and forth issues between two casts

New interview. The art in this book is so (◕‿◕✿)
    https://www.newsarama.com/47520-rod-...interview.html

Last edited by Luckystar.; 10-22-2019 at 12:38 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Didn't Illyana already take this guy's lunch money in Bendis' era?
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

*gasp*

He snipped her bangs...