Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Rahne's the worst member of the original New Mutants. Prove me wrong. You can't.

And for that matter of the NM entirely the only ones that are worse than her are Gosamyr and Birdbrain.

As for the current team, I love all my kids except for Rahne and Mondo. They can go somewhere else.
    Magma is worse. I can’t think of a single favorite moment of hers. Rahne can be annoying but I think she can also be funny and I enjoy some of her relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Magma is worse. I can’t think of a single favorite moment of hers. Rahne can be annoying but I think she can also be funny and I enjoy some of her relationships.
    Magma peaked at her intro story and quite frankly she should have lasted for just that arc and not came to Xavier's. Claremont never really did anything with her and the most prominent thing about her in the original series was Simsonson writing her out of the book to be a Hellion, which itself was never explored

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Rahne pulled her weight 99.9% of the time.
    "Cable was right!"

Magma basically became a walking manifestation of emotional abuse. That in itself was pretty important for a comic book back in those days to be honest. But yeah, sad that she's basically been Empath, Bobby, and Mephesto's hormone magnet in these books and that's about it.

Rahne, as exhausting as the "good little girl struggling with her bad little self" shtick has been, she's absolutely been a big player in a few storylines. Watching her grow in X-Factor was cool in its own way as well.

BANNED

Rahne in X-Factor was fun until it wasn't. I was not onboard with Rahne the bigot or Rahne the baby daddy scammer. Or Rahne the mother of a hellgod or whatever the **** that story was about.

She should never have been in X-Force and it is beyond me how that was allowed beyond the artist wanting to draw a werewolf or something. But I never cared much for KYost's grimdark fantasies period. Anyway: Rahne has been **** on for almost two decades, AFAIC.

Extraordinary Member

A I wrote in the Magik thread, after reading House of X 6 I think this mission in space has to be something much bigger than a simple search for Sam. This is no longer a group of old friends searching for another friend. Cypher and Magik hold positions which are far too important in the Krakoan government to just into space willy-nilly. She's one of the four 'Great Captains' in charge of the entire nation's defense, and he is on the Quiet Council and speaks for Krakoa itself. I highly doubt the council would sanction both of them going into space. They could maybe find another captain to replace Magik in a worst-case scenario, but Doug is absolutely essential to the running of Krakoa. I think there must be a mission which is far more important to mutantkind than just finding one mutant to justify sending two of the most important and highest ranked mutants in existence into space. Maybe they're trying to establish diplomatic relations with the interstellar community.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Cypher can be at least temporarily replaced by any assorted power mimics and a mindless husk/body with his powers.

That said, I do think that there's something more going on with this mission. They find Sam within the first three issues of the mission, so there's more to it.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Rahne in X-Factor was fun until it wasn't. I was not onboard with Rahne the bigot or Rahne the baby daddy scammer. Or Rahne the mother of a hellgod or whatever the **** that story was about.

She should never have been in X-Force and it is beyond me how that was allowed beyond the artist wanting to draw a werewolf or something. But I never cared much for KYost's grimdark fantasies period. Anyway: Rahne has been **** on for almost two decades, AFAIC.
    I think its funny that KYost had no plans for Rahne beyond what made it into X-Force. Their whole plan was just to get her pregnant with a wolf god's baby.

I know PAD was not happy to have Rahne taken away from X-Factor for X-Force. I wonder what he would have done with her if she'd been allowed to stay.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    A I wrote in the Magik thread, after reading House of X 6 I think this mission in space has to be something much bigger than a simple search for Sam. This is no longer a group of old friends searching for another friend. Cypher and Magik hold positions which are far too important in the Krakoan government to just into space willy-nilly. She's one of the four 'Great Captains' in charge of the entire nation's defense, and he is on the Quiet Council and speaks for Krakoa itself. I highly doubt the council would sanction both of them going into space. They could maybe find another captain to replace Magik in a worst-case scenario, but Doug is absolutely essential to the running of Krakoa. I think there must be a mission which is far more important to mutantkind than just finding one mutant to justify sending two of the most important and highest ranked mutants in existence into space. Maybe they're trying to establish diplomatic relations with the interstellar community.
    This may already have been answered in an interview, but is New Mutants the space-centric book or is it just one arc? If it’s meant to be the permanent cosmic X-book I could see the scope of this story being much bigger like you said. The X-Men May have long term plans to ally with/control the Shiar or other major empires in anticipation for the rise of the Phanlax.

I think those details on the Shi'ar from Life 9 will come into play in some form.

Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 12.23.47 PM.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    This may already have been answered in an interview, but is New Mutants the space-centric book or is it just one arc? If it’s meant to be the permanent cosmic X-book I could see the scope of this story being much bigger like you said. The X-Men May have long term plans to ally with/control the Shiar or other major empires in anticipation for the rise of the Phanlax.
    The foreshadow variant cover someone posted for Powers of X 6 has Sunspot sitting on a throne and the Imperial Guard kneeling so I think you are on the right track. Awesome cover.

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    The foreshadow variant cover someone posted for Powers of X 6 has Sunspot sitting on a throne and the Imperial Guard kneeling so I think you are on the right track. Awesome cover.
    Can't believe I missed that! O_O
    Awesome!
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

BANNED

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

That damn robot leg.
    "Cable was right!"

Welp Illyana is still a demon. That face is haunting