Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I am all for Mondo and Chamber being utilized. They're good characters, and in the case of Mondo sorely underused. I still don't understand what the hell happened with the lack of use of that character BTS since his inception. He was heavily promoted from the beginning of Gen X, but the real Mondo barely ever appeared.

I have faith in Hickman's interest in the NMs guiding the book. After what he did with Sam and Bobby I don't think he is interested in just another nostalgia run. Dani is at least as much of a leader and Avenger-potential as the boys IMO. Shan is a tycoon who can rival Bobby or Ahura Boltagon (does he still have that weird company? He's one of the few Inhumans I still like). Doug is OP and gr8. etc

As for lesbians, Dani and Rahne has been teased for 30+ years lol

BANNED

Hickman barely used Cannonball.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    His salad almost had as much page time.

BANNED

He made him an Avenger and got him married with a kid. To me that beats him running around Utopia with his blast field asking Scott "gosh, where do we go, suh?" after the X-Force years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    He made him an Avenger and got him married with a kid. To me that beats him running around Utopia with his blast field asking Scott "gosh, where do we go, suh?" after the X-Force years.
    He became an Avenger because he thought being an X-Man was a drag and married a woman he had zero interactions with.

BANNED

He became an Avenger because he thought being an X-Man was a drag
    I mean, wasn't it at that point? Let's face it!

and married a woman he had zero interactions with.
    I liked them!

He became an Avenger because he thought being an X-Man was a drag and married a woman he had zero interactions with.
    He read that issue of Avengers World and decided that Captain Terror genes must be integrated into mutantkind if they are to survive.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I absolutely love that Chamber an Mondo are members of the team as I am a huge fan of Generation X. I can only hope that somehow Synch and Skin will appear to make me the happiest fan ever.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

I did enjoy seeing Cannonball and Sunspot on the Avengers (even if I have issue with Sam marrying some random person), but I agree they could've been used better. Speaking of which, does anyone else find that odd? Remember that Sam and Bobby are among his favorite X-Men characters, and I'm pretty sure he worked it out with the X-Office to get them in the Avengers so he could write about them in his Avengers run (what with X-Men being years away at that point and not planned) as something that personally appealed to him.

I don't know how all the internal stuff works, but I think getting an X-Men character on the Avengers is rather difficult given that the X-Office is the most editorially controlled one of the lot. It's been said that the X-Men side is ruled with an iron fist, which may contribute to them feeling a bit "disconnected" at times (don't think they exist in a void like some say though, as there's still plenty of crossover, but I can feel the room for better integration).

So after all that trouble, you'd think Hickman would make better use of them than he did. Still, it was way better than them being stuck in the X-titles at a time when they were getting shafted.

My issue with Sam being married with Smasher is not that it was sudden but the fact the Imperial Guard routinely threatens to destroy the Earth.

"Hey, Lizzie, how was your job today?"

"Fine, we invaded Asgard because the Shi'Ar gods had gone full abrahamic and we threatened to destroy the Earth, including your mom and siblings. But don't worry, everything turned out fine at the end."

"Er... ok?"

"Also Quentin Quire is our god now."

"I got a call from Berto he wants me to join his Avengers bye gotta go!"
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

YES. That is an excellent point, mugiwara.

I too was totally fine with Sam finding love in an Avenger Place, and also totally fine with her having cosmic ties, BUUUUUUUUT the whole Imperial Guard thing is.....tricky.
    She's got a really concerning career path. Its problematic.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The Shi'Ar being a-holes is Bendis' and Aaron's fault tho.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The Shi'Ar being a-holes is Bendis' and Aaron's fault tho.
    Even Ewing wrote them (and Izzy) as condescending jerks who have no respect for Earth or its inhabitants. It's just who they are

I've seen confusing couples like this before in my work environment.

A security guard at the hospital I work for is a problematic racist and has very strong opinions about the concentration camps currently in existence in the U.S. while his wife is deeeeeeply liberal minded and they fight all the time about their respective ideologies according to said security guard and yet: they are married

I. Don't. Get it.

NEW MUTANTS #3
    ED BRISSON (W) • Flaviano (A)
    Cover by ROD REIS
    THE FUTURE COMES KNOCKING!
    While the original New Mutants are off in space, the rest of the youth of Krakoa begin to make the future they want to live in. First up – Armor’s outreach party, seeking young mutants who have chosen not to come to Krakoa.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

NEW MUTANTS #4
    JONATHAN HICKMAN (W) • ROD REIS (A/C)
    THE EXPLOSIVE RETURN OF CANNONBALL!
    The team has reached the Shi’ar Galaxy only to find the empire in turmoil! Deathbird returns and she won’t let Bobby and Sam get in the way of what she wants!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Very interested in #3, interesting that it's Brisson only for an issue.