Page 41 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Romance plots are for Kitty Pryde. There is no Kitty Pryde on Krakoa. There is only Captain Kate, and she'll be focused on the stuff that really matters. Crime. And sending evildoers, scoundrels, and cowards to Duggan Jones' Locker. #BeBiDoCrimes
    1.) Is Kitty Pryde on a team? — Yes
    2.) Is Kitty Pryde heavily featured? — Yes

Then kitty pryde is getting a romance subplot. Likely with someone named Peter. Welcome to Kitty Pryde.

Changing her name doesn't matter. She's gone through Ariel and Sprite and Shadowcat and she had romances throughout. And having a pirate theme means casual hook ups are even MORE likely, not less. Pirates are all about booty. It's practically a part of the pirate code.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    1.) Is Kitty Pryde on a team? — Yes
    2.) Is Kitty Pryde heavily featured? — Yes

Then kitty pryde is getting a romance subplot. Likely with someone named Peter. Welcome to Kitty Pryde.

Changing her name doesn't matter. She's gone through Ariel and Sprite and Shadowcat and she had romances throughout. And having a pirate theme means casual hook ups are even MORE likely, not less. Pirates are all about booty. It's practically a part of the pirate code.
    I would rather Kitty go for the girls, but what would be hilarious is every issue or so we find out Kitty is dating someone new and their name is Peter. But I think Kate Pryde should date women because she has finally realized why her hetero relationships all crash and burn, it's because she has been in love with Rachel and Illyana the whole time.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    OMG, did they write Sterm instead of Storm somewhere in the issue. I can't wait to look for it. Now everyone thinks they should introduce the new character Sterm!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I would rather Kitty go for the girls, but what would be hilarious is every issue or so we find out Kitty is dating someone new and their name is Peter. But I think Kate Pryde should date women because she has finally realized why her hetero relationships all crash and burn, it's because she has been in love with Rachel and Illyana the whole time.
    Her hetero relationships crash and burn because of editorial mandates, but I suppose that's too fourth wall for someone not named Deadpool.

OMG, did they write Sterm instead of Storm somewhere in the issue. I can't wait to look for it. Now everyone thinks they should introduce the new character Sterm!
    Now i will never unhear cartman calling Storm "Steeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrm"
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ew-status-quo/

9.5/10

https://www.newsarama.com/47513-best...rauders-1.html

7/10

Twitter people who got advance copies appear to be very positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ew-status-quo/

9.5/10

https://www.newsarama.com/47513-best...rauders-1.html

7/10

Twitter people who got advance copies appear to be very positive.
    Niceee. I'm excited for tomorrow.

Interesting. 7/10 and 9.5/10 is a pretty big gap (Although both good). What did those sites give to HoX/PoX?

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Interesting. 7/10 and 9.5/10 is a pretty big gap (Although both good). What did those sites give to HoX/PoX?
    I think the 7/10 writer was disappointed that the first issue centres so much on Kitty. Although it does make sense to me that they this is an introduction to the team and the status quo and part of that is showing us how Kitty ends up in charge of the ship.

I think we'll see more focus on the other characters as the story progresses, I think this is just the first issue and it's a setup issue. It sounds like outside of the pitch Emma isn't in the rest of the issue, it makes sense though, she is Secretary of State and she has to go to meetings with the treaty nations so she won't be a part of this somewhat rogue crew (but secretly approved by the council).

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    One did not reference Kittenheim's Gold at all.
    The other Started Off by referencing Kittenheim's Gold.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

I think the 7/10 writer was disappointed that the first issue centres so much on Kitty. Although it does make sense to me that they this is an introduction to the team and the status quo and part of that is showing us how Kitty ends up in charge of the ship.

I think we'll see more focus on the other characters as the story progresses, I think this is just the first issue and it's a setup issue. It sounds like outside of the pitch Emma isn't in the rest of the issue, it makes sense though, she is Secretary of State and she has to go to meetings with the treaty nations so she won't be a part of this somewhat rogue crew (but secretly approved by the council).
    Duggan: Marauders' first issue is by necessity a Kate Pryde story. You'll understand why on October 23. The spotlight will of course move around - I'm well into writing the second and third arcs, and everybody is getting their time in the sun.

Even if you're waiting for Pyro and Bishop's solo, you'll understand why Kate's in the leadoff spot. She and Emma have a... complicated past. One that I'm building on, and having the most fun while doing it.

I'm totally fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    One did not reference Kittenheim's Gold at all.
    The other Started Off by referencing Kittenheim's Gold.
    Lol makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Duggan: Marauders' first issue is by necessity a Kate Pryde story. You'll understand why on October 23. The spotlight will of course move around - I'm well into writing the second and third arcs, and everybody is getting their time in the sun.

Even if you're waiting for Pyro and Bishop's solo, you'll understand why Kate's in the leadoff spot. She and Emma have a... complicated past. One that I'm building on, and having the most fun while doing it.
    I'll get this when Bishop is the focus arc cause Kitty as leader of this group is all kinds of trash. It seems forced to jam Kitty as leader when you have Bishop, Emma, or Storm on the team. All 3 bring a different perspective of leadership but all still very solid. She has the feel of a freshmen trying to run with seniors.

BANNED

Has Bishop led anything since getting his original team killed in 1992?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Has Bishop led anything since getting his original team killed in 1992?
    I think he led a bunch of people in various futures while trying to murder an infant.