Page 37 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I am going to make a prediction about Emma's motives.

Emma knows that when she and Sebastian are in the Hellfire Club and vying for control that they tend to go down pretty dark paths and they stop worrying about the collateral damage.

Emma decides she needs someone to join the Hellfire Club that will prevent it from becoming a war zone between Emma and Sebastian. Someone with a strong voice that neither of them would ever be able to buy or control. So she asks Kate, the one person who is always skeptical of Emma and Sebastian. Kate will be the ethical voice that the Hellfire Club needs to keep it reasonably honest. Emma probably hopes that Kate will be very vocal with her opinions at meetings and that Kate will challenge both Emma and Sebastian on a regular basis.

I don't think Emma intends for Katherine to be in her pocket at all, her expectation is that Katherine won't be in her pocket and she won't be in Sebastian's pocket either. Kate will always be a strong 3rd voice that keeps the Hellfire Club from descending into a war between Emma and Sebastian.

That is my feelings about it.
    I fully agree and pray this is exactly the reason Mama picks Kate as the Red King
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Mighty Member

I am going to make a prediction about Emma's motives.

Emma knows that when she and Sebastian are in the Hellfire Club and vying for control that they tend to go down pretty dark paths and they stop worrying about the collateral damage.

Emma decides she needs someone to join the Hellfire Club that will prevent it from becoming a war zone between Emma and Sebastian. Someone with a strong voice that neither of them would ever be able to buy or control. So she asks Kate, the one person who is always skeptical of Emma and Sebastian. Kate will be the ethical voice that the Hellfire Club needs to keep it reasonably honest. Emma probably hopes that Kate will be very vocal with her opinions at meetings and that Kate will challenge both Emma and Sebastian on a regular basis.

I don't think Emma intends for Katherine to be in her pocket at all, her expectation is that Katherine won't be in her pocket and she won't be in Sebastian's pocket either. Kate will always be a strong 3rd voice that keeps the Hellfire Club from descending into a war between Emma and Sebastian.

That is my feelings about it.
    What is your opinion on Kitty accepting Emma's offer to join the club, why do you think she said yes? That must of been some sales pitch. I mean Kitty doesn't seem the type that would be a member of an organization like the HFC, and her past relationship with Emma is at best complicated. I would imagine that Kitty would be skeptical of the offer as well as the motive behind it and have a lot of questions. But obviously Emma must've convinced her that she was sincere since she said yes. But given that Ororo is on the team its likely that Kitty requested her help as an insurance policy. I really hope Duggan sticks the landing with this book and writes everyone in character, and he better do Bishop some justice, not just let him be wallpaper.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    I fully agree and pray this is exactly the reason Mama picks Kate as the Red King
    Same here.
    Emma has proven to be a bigger hero than she ever was a villain.
    Moira should be wary of Emma...but not for the reasons she thinks she should be.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    What is your opinion on Kitty accepting Emma's offer to join the club, why do you think she said yes? That must of been some sales pitch. I mean Kitty doesn't seem the type that would be a member of an organization like the HFC, and her past relationship with Emma is at best complicated. I would imagine that Kitty would be skeptical of the offer as well as the motive behind it and have a lot of questions. But obviously Emma must've convinced her that she was sincere since she said yes. But given that Ororo is on the team its likely that Kitty requested her help as an insurance policy. I really hope Duggan sticks the landing with this book and writes everyone in character, and he better do Bishop some justice, not just let him be wallpaper.
    Emma probably asks Kate to take on some responsibilities for the safe recovery of mutants in non-treaty countries. She probably appeals to Kate's altruism. Emma has to remain as the legitimate political face of Krakoa and she can't get directly involved with rescuing mutants from non-treaty or treaty countries. Kate can operate outside of the law, hence being a pirate, and Emma will make sure Kate has all the financial and technological backing she needs for her side of things. Emma probably doesn't trust that Sebastian would actually rescue mutants from non-treaty countries, Sebastian is just as likely to sell refugee mutants to project wideawake so he can make some side money.

In truth this is realistic, Emma is Secretary of State, she can't get directly involved in these kind of activities because she is an ambassador and negotiator, she has to maintain the appearance that she isn't biased against any of the human nations and she can't engage in any illegal trade or underground railroad type operations that could impact her role as the Secretary of State. So Kate will be the person who is free to act on intel that Emma obtains that Emma herself cannot act on.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Someone on Tumblr posted an image of Sunspot on a throne and Gladiator and others bowing to him. Apparently its a variant cover? Anyways, its lead to speculation that Sunspot is the Red King.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED

lol Tumblr is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    lol Tumblr is dumb.
    yeah, I don't think Sunspot is going to have anything to do with the Hellfire Club. They already did a teaser for Kate:

The Red King/Queen is Emma's choice, and she isn't choosing Roberto, she wants someone on Earth who is going to be able to actively come to meetings and work with her to further the economy of Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Turn that around and ask why she would decline instead.

We all know Kitty has a pretty high opinion of herself and is not afraid to stick it to the man (Xavier). Surely she'd prefer to be on the council and have some input rather than being one of the peons?

Having the opportunity to keep an eye on Emma and the rest of the questionable elements is an extra bonus for her.

Now, she might not enjoy doing all this, but she's a responsible person so would feel duty bound to.

The Red King/Queen is Emma's choice, and she isn't choosing Roberto, she wants someone on Earth who is going to be able to actively come to meetings and work with her to further the economy of Krakoa.
    In Duggan's interview the other day he once again referred to Kate as the Red Queen. He could just be messing with us but I'm starting to wonder if indeed there are two separate people.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Let's say it's Kate(or any woman)...

What about the cover where one of the eggs seems to be giving birth to a male? Red herring?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Let's say it's Kate(or any woman)...

What about the cover where one of the eggs seems to be giving birth to a male? Red herring?
    Black Bishop, Shaw is going to make someone his black bishop of the Hellfire Club.

I guess I'll be proven wrong if Kate doesn't end up taking the Red King seat, but I think it's her. Heck her outfits that she is going to wear are more like looking like a Red King then a Red Queen.

BANNED

Again, Red King is a red herring. The redacted pages that were accidentally leaked list Red Queen as the final council member.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Yeah the Red King/Queen stuff is just confusing, it's either a (pun...) "red herring" or it does imply something. As of this moment my belief is there will be only one "Red _____" and it's Kate Pryde.

As for my thoughts about the book... my hope is for this to imply Kate has to go through some struggles over the course of time and events about her place as an X-Man and all that in this new status quo.

Will she be getting drawn ever further into the murky world of commerce and diplomacy and backstabbing that Emma Frost lives in?

Or is she going to only be involved as far as she "needs" to be, without it really affecting who or what she is?

My opinion: Kate Pryde is long past due for some growing up and maturing, she's had past comic stints where her pragmatism has come through

I do think it's unfortunate that neither Ilyanna nor Rachel will be in this book though
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Yeah the Red King/Queen stuff is just confusing, it's either a (pun...) "red herring" or it does imply something. As of this moment my belief is there will be only one "Red _____" and it's Kate Pryde.

As for my thoughts about the book... my hope is for this to imply Kate has to go through some struggles over the course of time and events about her place as an X-Man and all that in this new status quo.

Will she be getting drawn ever further into the murky world of commerce and diplomacy and backstabbing that Emma Frost lives in?

Or is she going to only be involved as far as she "needs" to be, without it really affecting who or what she is?

My opinion: Kate Pryde is long past due for some growing up and maturing, she's had past comic stints where her pragmatism has come through

I do think it's unfortunate that neither Ilyanna nor Rachel will be in this book though
    Yeah, I am really pessimistic about where Rachel is going to end up. At least Illyana is one of the four Captains and she is going to be part of the space mission to Shi'ar in New Mutants so she still gets a strong role in the upcoming stories.

I think you hit the nail on the head about the story they are going to tell about Kate in Marauders. A lot of people feel that Kitty/Kate has been a rudderless character for a long time that is nothing more than the voice of whichever writer is using Kate as a character and as a character she has no voice of her own.

I am hoping by giving Kate some life changing stories that we will see her grow and become a somewhat different character. I kind of wonder if they are looking back at her time on Mekanix because back then she was becoming a bit more of a rough and tumble scrapper when she was on the X-Men occasionally.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    In Duggan's interview the other day he once again referred to Kate as the Red Queen. He could just be messing with us but I'm starting to wonder if indeed there are two separate people.
    My take-away...
    Xavier and Erik 'think/believe' Emma is choosing a Red King...when truth and in fact it will be a Red Queen and someone completely unexpected.

I. Can't. Wait. for Marauders to start.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!