Page 20 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    It's a shame Avalanche coudn't have the same relevance and the version everyone likes is the Evo one.
    Avalanche and Destiny are the losers of the Brotherhood popularity wars. Hickman is finally making destiny cool. (I always liked her)
    there is no impediment to resurrecting avalanche, he died recently in the Marvel universe. Xavier has his mind stored, he has to transfer the version from one day before he was kidnapped and lobotomized by Red Skull.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Avalanche and Destiny are the losers of the Brotherhood popularity wars. Hickman is finally making destiny cool. (I always liked her)
    there is no impediment to resurrecting avalanche, he died recently in the Marvel universe. Xavier has his mind stored, he has to transfer the version from one day before he was kidnapped and lobotomized by Red Skull.
    I really hope Destiny gets resurrected. I would love it if she gets to be in her prime when she was younger and Destiny and Mystique can be shown as one of the lesbian power couples of Krakoa.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I really hope Destiny gets resurrected. I would love it if she gets to be in her prime when she was younger and Destiny and Mystique can be shown as one of the lesbian power couples of Krakoa.
    With Selene and Warlock it shouldn't matter when a mutant died they could still be resurrected. I know there was debate on when Xavier met Forge to reconfigure Cerebra. But i think Destiny can definitely come back

Astonishing Member

I hope they can actually resurrect every mutant, the panel of Xavier and Forge made it seem like the cerebro that stores minds was built around 1992 1993, so Destiny, the Hellions, Morlocks, Harry Leland, wouldnt have their minds stored. but the panel may have been meaningless and they mean they have the brains of all mutants, or they got their minds when they were resurrected in necrosha.

edit: the other issue is, if characters that died before 1992 can be resurrected, should they be resurrected as they died, or can they resurrect Destiny young and beautiful, and Harry Leland young and thin?
    and what if the mutants have relatives? Leland's fortune has probably been inherited by his descendants and relatives. he can't just show up saying Hi I resurrected.
    Last edited by lurkerforyears; 09-28-2019 at 02:22 PM.

The problem with Avalanche is that he has a lame costume, visually meh powers, and no one can decide if he's a foreigner or not, so his most popular iteration is basically an OC.

Pyro got that sexy look, that poppin' pallete, he can make visually engaging fire into even more visually engaging goblins who squeeze enemy ass, and we have been trained over DECADES to recognize him as the premiere Australian mutant with his consistent accent. He's not the hero we deserve, but he's the one we need.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I always wanted Avalanche's powers to be more Earth Bender like but I think Rictor and Petra fill that category.

I do want to see him back with John for platonic bromance though

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I know for my ticket. That boat is the safest place in the mju. Between storm being able to sense atmospheric shifts of things coming toward the boat, kitty's phasing, pyros offense, and ice man's offense/defense. I don't see how anyone else on the sea has a chance and with collective power usuage and a too tier telepathy in Emma who knows what this tram can do. The least of what they can do most won't be able to handle. Lol

And thinkinkung about it further kitty phases the ship you can't pick it up on your radars that they are getting close to your docks. One emp later it's all over.
    That’s what I was thinking. I am more curious on the people they will be fighting. Not just humans, but what Super Villains will show up. And will there be any other Hero interaction with them.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    With Selene and Warlock it shouldn't matter when a mutant died they could still be resurrected. I know there was debate on when Xavier met Forge to reconfigure Cerebra. But i think Destiny can definitely come back
    At first, I thought your post was going in the direction of Selene and Warlock being a lesbian power couple...

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    That’s what I was thinking. I am more curious on the people they will be fighting. Not just humans, but what Super Villains will show up. And will there be any other Hero interaction with them.
    yeah, I wonder who will show up. I don't know about Doom at all since he has a mini coming up where he is on the run from the government of Latveria and other governments.

I imagine at some point we can run into some villains. Obviously Orchis and Orchis is going to have some former members of Hydra and Shield. The Russian superhero team. etc..

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I always wanted Avalanche's powers to be more Earth Bender like but I think Rictor and Petra fill that category.

I do want to see him back with John for platonic bromance though
    You know, I said this as a joke in the other thread, riffing on Kitty's Peter thing...

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I just hope they bring back Petra as [Kitty's] first girlfriend.
    But now that I think about it, her powers would pair perfectly with the Marauders' Elemental-line (Storm-Iceman-Pyro).

So, uh, Duggan, make it happen!

BANNED

yeah, I wonder who will show up. I don't know about Doom at all since he has a mini coming up where he is on the run from the government of Latveria and other governments.

I imagine at some point we can run into some villains. Obviously Orchis and Orchis is going to have some former members of Hydra and Shield. The Russian superhero team. etc..
    The Only one we saw was Batroc the Leaper

The Only one we saw was Batroc the Leaper
    I guess that issue we saw with them all fighting was Orchis, Batroc is probably working with them as a mercenary.

It could also be raiders trying to steal the drugs to sell themselves, I totally forgot that this might end up being a thing where their shipments get attacked so they can be stolen.

BANNED

I guess that issue we saw with them all fighting was Orchis, Batroc is probably working with them as a mercenary.

It could also be raiders trying to steal the drugs to sell themselves, I totally forgot that this might end up being a thing where their shipments get attacked so they can be stolen.
    Yeah, the bastard kicked Storm in the stomach, but whatever she can handle pain.

That would be weird considering they are acting like Pirates. Wouldn’t they be the raiders?? Eh whatever but yes they could potentially be attacked. I talked to Gerry Duggan he told me this:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/GerryDugg...15144719548417

Yeah, the bastard kicked Storm in the stomach, but whatever she can handle pain.

That would be weird considering they are acting like Pirates. Wouldn’t they be the raiders?? Eh whatever but yes they could potentially be attacked. I talked to Gerry Duggan he told me this:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/GerryDugg...15144719548417
    Yeah, I know that people were taking that personally seeing Batroc kick storm like that, I guess the artists wanted to show Batrox in action in the book against one of the heavy hitters of the team.

I am sure Storm will kick his ass in the end!

As for the team being pirates, I think they have to act a little like pirates to get through potential trade blockades and they actually get called pirates by their enemies. On the other hand I think they will get attacked regularly by people who want to steal the drug shipments that the team is trying to deliver.

In the old days pirates would attack other pirates, especially if they were from a rival country (i.e. English vs Spanish).

BANNED

Yeah, I know that people were taking that personally seeing Batroc kick storm like that, I guess the artists wanted to show Batrox in action in the book against one of the heavy hitters of the team.

I am sure Storm will kick his ass in the end!

As for the team being pirates, I think they have to act a little like pirates to get through potential trade blockades and they actually get called pirates by their enemies. On the other hand I think they will get attacked regularly by people who want to steal the drug shipments that the team is trying to deliver.

In the old days pirates would attack other pirates, especially if they were from a rival country (i.e. English vs Spanish).
    It’s really not that Bad. Batroc has kicked a good amount of people in his day. So, I’m not that angry really. It just doesn’t make sense he can jump that high. Anyway.....

I doubt they will call them Pirates. But then again that’s what they are so yeah your right. It’s possible people will come after them to steal their shipment. But most likely we will see them come into conflict with countries who denied the treaty. What I’m most interested in is. What will they do and how would they feel if they come across a mutant that doesn’t want to go with them regardless of how their country treats them??? Are they going to force that mutant?

I LOVE Pirates. I want them to go to Port Royal. Just like Pirates of the Caribbean I’m Jamaican American so I really wanna see them go to Jamaica. :-)
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 09-28-2019 at 06:59 PM.