Page 28 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I'm pretty sure Storm will get quite a lot of prominence and focus

That was actually a concern for me since I feel like Storm detracts from the whole Hellfire Trading Company aspects, and clashes with it (as does Iceman) but I guess that's gonna be for the writer to juggle these things
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I'm pretty sure Storm will get quite a lot of prominence and focus

That was actually a concern for me since I feel like Storm detracts from the whole Hellfire Trading Company aspects, and clashes with it (as does Iceman) but I guess that's gonna be for the writer to juggle these things
    Ororo might bring some juicy Wakandan drama if they try to sneak drugs in or mutants out of there.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I highly doubt that will happen.
    Seems like the focus could actually be bigger on Emma, but even then Duggan is pretty great at team books, so I don't see this becoming a stealth solo like Gold or Red.
    I am thinking it's going to have action mixed with politics. There are so many council members on this book, along with one of the military commanders. I am going back to my original feeling this is "House of Cards" for the X-books. Machiavellian political machinations as Sebastian Shaw tries to undermine and seize power from Emma, Kitty, and Storm. Shaw will try to manipulate Kitty and Storm into fighting with Emma at some point just to stir the pot and undermine them all.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    IF the Book turns out to be a Kitty Pryde Show would you guys still read it????
    I'd be fine with it. I'm kind of hoping they just allow her to be, though. So many of her recent stories have been trying to develop her to the point where the characters become boring. Just allow her to lead the team without worrying about her facing moral dilemmas.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I am thinking it's going to have action mixed with politics. There are so many council members on this book, along with one of the military commanders. I am going back to my original feeling this is "House of Cards" for the X-books. Machiavellian political machinations as Sebastian Shaw tries to undermine and seize power from Emma, Kitty, and Storm. Shaw will try to manipulate Kitty and Storm into fighting with Emma at some point just to stir the pot and undermine them all.
    I'm not sure how I'd feel about this. I kind of just want a fun, swashbuckling adventure title. The X-Men have been way too serious, lately.

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    I'd be fine with it. I'm kind of hoping they just allow her to be, though. So many of her recent stories have been trying to develop her to the point where the characters become boring. Just allow her to lead the team without worrying about her facing moral dilemmas.

I'm not sure how I'd feel about this. I kind of just want a fun, swashbuckling adventure title. The X-Men have been way too serious, lately.
    I always wanted a Hellfire Club book. Now we get a Pirate book and a Hellfire Club book rolled into one and this is the best. Lots of Emma, Kate, and Sebastian making super snarky comments at each other in meetings. It's going to be so much fun.

Amazing Member

I'm not sure if this was already brought up her but looking at the cast, is Marauders the LGBT book?

Quote Originally Posted by Mapangahas View Post
    I'm not sure if this was already brought up her but looking at the cast, is Marauders the LGBT book?
    There aren’t any lesbians or trans people. So....2/4 I guess? Marauders is the GB book.

Definitely Bobby, Pyro, and possibly including Christian Frost if he shows up at some point like some are guessing.

I am thinking that Kate might come out as bisexual in this book, maybe. That's probably just wishful thinking on my part.

As for Storm, Emma, Bishop, and Sebastian, probably all straight, although I think Emma would be open to experimentation with Kate if she had the opportunity, seducing and corrupting Kate Pryde is something she has always wanted to do. It's like a hobby, Kate Pryde is Emma's hobby, what can I do today to corrupt the virtuous Kate Pryde! Maybe take Kate on a world wide tour of all the Hellfire Club facilities so Kate can experience it all first hand.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I mean... this book seems ALL ABOUT a Kitty being led down a more pragmatic path that might start diverging from traditional X-Men values if you ask me. At least that's my initial impression of it.

Have you been reading House/Powers of X? Because it's been pretty much "crazy" in terms of making things a lot more ambiguous/serious, there are characters like Mr Sinister being leaders of mutants now.

The more "relaxed/fun" title has got to be either Excalibur or New Mutants it seems.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Guys..............wasn’t Emma basically acting like Kate’s Disney stepmother/foster parent for the entire 80s? And someone she tried to constantly have as her student??? Don’t y’all think that shipping them is just a bit weird or is it just me?
    Last edited by Tycon; 10-07-2019 at 10:17 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It's the Kitty-sexual book.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I highly doubt that will happen.
    Seems like the focus could actually be bigger on Emma, but even then Duggan is pretty great at team books, so I don't see this becoming a stealth solo like Gold or Red.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    It's looking more like the Kitty/Emma show. I like Astonishing X-Men Kitty, while I hated Gold Kitty. I guess we'll see.
    These are VERY INTERESTING point of views.

IMO, I HOPE it's not another Kitty Pryde Show. Only because we have a great team of Characters for it not to be KP Show. Although, it does look like the Emma Frost Show as well, but as the USER: Factor Said. Gerry Duggan knows how to write a Good Team Book. And given my small conversation I had with him over Twitter I would agree with Factor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Guys..............wasn’t Emma basically acting like Kate’s Disney stepmother/foster parent for the entire 80s? And someone she tried to constantly to have as her student??? Don’t y’all think that shipping them is just a bit weird or is it just me?
    Also, they don't even like each other. As in, even as they learned to respect one another, their personalities and worldviews are way too divergent for them to ever be friends.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Definitely Bobby, Pyro, and possibly including Christian Frost if he shows up at some point like some are guessing.

I am thinking that Kate might come out as bisexual in this book, maybe. That's probably just wishful thinking on my part.

As for Storm, Emma, Bishop, and Sebastian, probably all straight, although I think Emma would be open to experimentation with Kate if she had the opportunity, seducing and corrupting Kate Pryde is something she has always wanted to do. It's like a hobby, Kate Pryde is Emma's hobby, what can I do today to corrupt the virtuous Kate Pryde! Maybe take Kate on a world wide tour of all the Hellfire Club facilities so Kate can experience it all first hand.
    Storm is bisexual, you keep forgetting about Yukio.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Storm is bisexual, you keep forgetting about Yukio.
    who?

10char
    "Cable was right!"