Page 31 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Oh right, I forgot that they kind of de-aged everyone a bit. You're right Kitty is probably 20 or 21 now.
    Well she was a bartender in Mekanix. Don't you have to be 21 for that?

Even if not, I'm pretty sure we saw her drinking in the bar.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Me too.
    While not entirely new, that particular Villain/Hero pairing would/could be very interesting considering it's Apocalypse...THE first mutant.
    The reason I find it interesting if true is that I never viewed Apocalypse as a LGBT character. So if Rictor and him become a thing. I want to see how the writer will deal writing Apocalypse's sexuality. Course the cover could simply be just a cover & nothing more. It's just the artist decided to draw Apocalypse holding Rictor in a caring matter
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Fantastic Member

Sigh.

I'm probably going to get into trouble for saying this but...

I haven't always enjoyed how Kitty has been depicted over the last decade. In Bendis' X-Men and then in X-Men Gold Kitty was generally depicted as being a bitch. Maybe this is sexist. If we were talking about a male character I don't know if I would be making the same criticism. Maybe giving people Hell is part of being in charge. But I always liked Kitty because she was a positive and likeable character. I would point to Whedon's Astonishing X-Men as an example of what I'm talking about. Characters grow and change. Fine. But I'd like to see more of the old Kitty - at least some of the time.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    The reason I find it interesting if true is that I never viewed Apocalypse as a LGBT character. So if Rictor and him become a thing. I want to see how the writer will deal writing Apocalypse's sexuality. Course the cover could simply be just a cover & nothing more. It's just the artist decided to draw Apocalypse holding Rictor in a caring matter
    I don't see him as an LGBT character at all, but it's because he's always written to be above and beyond such human concerns, desires and what he would consider "frailties"...other than world dominance. (And why that cover of him and Moira kissing was a shock to me) I do hope Tini attempts to "humanise" him, not completely and entirely, because I do Love "above and beyond" Apocalypse, just a little bit.

Oh. And I personally LOVE that Bobby will be sporting the Speedos (Andrew Christian designs perhaps?)...more naked man-flesh is always appreciated.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-08-2019 at 05:00 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    Sigh.

I haven't always enjoyed how Kitty has been depicted over the last decade. In Bendis' X-Men and then in X-Men Gold Kitty was generally depicted as being a bitch. Maybe this is sexist. If we were talking about a male character I don't know if I would be making the same criticism. Maybe giving people Hell is part of being in charge. But I always liked Kitty because she was a positive and likeable character. I would point to Whedon's Astonishing X-Men as an example of what I'm talking about. Characters grow and change. Fine. But I'd like to see more of the old Kitty - at least some of the time.
    I wouldn't necessarily label Kitty as such, but I can commiserate over a shared dissatisfaction OF Kitty.
    For me, it dates back to the Schism. Regardless of how in character and/or appropriate it is/was for Kitty at that juncture of her life, I was severely butthurt about her joining Wolverine and all the subsequent smack talk. Even when she joined the Revolution era, I was still sour. Even when she re-best-friended Illyana, I coudln't shake the stank. Occasionally I enjoyed her during the Iceman solo, but I'm really hoping this new direction will prove to be the resurgence of what was once a fervent adoration of Kitty on my part.

Having Kitty back as an ingenue pitted against Emma's machinations should go a long way to fixing things, I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    Sigh.

As a Kitty fan, I totally see where you're coming from. I actually stopped reading X-Men for a loooooong time (I stopped around the middle of WatXM) because I didn't really care for the direction they were taking her. I'm hopeful about this relaunch, as it seems like they know what they're doing, but I'm also going to be skeptical.

The one point I disagree with you on is that I honestly didn't like her in Whedon's run, either, but I get that that's an unpopular opinion. I actually didn't care for that run as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    As a Kitty fan, I totally see where you're coming from. I actually stopped reading X-Men for a loooooong time (I stopped around the middle of WatXM) because I didn't really care for the direction they were taking her. I'm hopeful about this relaunch, as it seems like they know what they're doing, but I'm also going to be skeptical.

The one point I disagree with you on is that I honestly didn't like her in Whedon's run, either, but I get that that's an unpopular opinion. I actually didn't care for that run as a whole.
    I actually didn't mind her with Guardians of the Galaxy. I found a lot of the characters from the X-books often come across better when they cross over into other books. Just look at Emma in Jessica Jones Purple Daughter. That was probably the best Emma I have seen prior to Hickman coming on.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Well she was a bartender in Mekanix. Don't you have to be 21 for that?

Even if not, I'm pretty sure we saw her drinking in the bar.
    Wasn't Kitty's boss an illegal immigrant who hired her out of pity? I'm not sure that was all legal. She could have been barely 18 then, she was in college. I know Sam(Cannonball) was only barely 21 in the beginning of the Utopia era(which was years after X-Treme/Mekanix), and Sam is supposed be be at least 2-3 years older than Kitty. For that matter, Rahne was aged explicitly at 19 around the same time(the academy era was contemporaneous with Mekanix), and she and Kitty are about the same age.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Wasn't Kitty's boss an illegal immigrant who hired her out of pity? I'm not sure that was all legal. She could have been barely 18 then, she was in college. I know Sam(Cannonball) was only barely 21 in the beginning of the Utopia era(which was years after X-Treme/Mekanix), and Sam is supposed be be at least 2-3 years older than Kitty. For that matter, Rahne was aged explicitly at 19 around the same time(the academy era was contemporaneous with Mekanix), and she and Kitty are about the same age.
    I do know Kitty and Xi'an were getting very intimate with each other in Mekanix. They should have continued that series.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

Kitty celebrated her 21st birthday in Girl Comics.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Oh. And I personally LOVE that Bobby will be sporting the Speedos (Andrew Christian designs perhaps?)...more naked man-flesh is always appreciated.
    I think the speedos are boring, but yeah, I'm not complaining about the skin. He will probably mostly be iced up anyway. I do think it's funny that he and Jean have boring '60s costume solidarity.

I actually love the speedo, I just wish he'd get a beard or something visually different that would show he's grown just like Captain Kate.

Look Bobby is just tryna secure the bag right now if a speedo helps him get a sugar daddy and secure his coin! Let that man live!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I think the speedos are boring, but yeah, I'm not complaining about the skin. He will probably mostly be iced up anyway. I do think it's funny that he and Jean have boring '60s costume solidarity.
    I have deep-rooted European sensibilities so...I LOVE a Speedo.
    Maybe he could switch up the designs, colours and prints...High-cut, bikini, square-cut, strap, floral, graphic, chevron...just keep it sexxxy. Why must Emma have all the fashion-fun?
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-08-2019 at 09:09 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!