Page 36 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

I'm not too familiar with the history of the Hellfire Club, and all this talk of White Knights, Queens, Bishops and **** is throwing me off. Does every member have to represent some kind of chess piece or some **** like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I'm not too familiar with the history of the Hellfire Club, and all this talk of White Knights, Queens, Bishops and **** is throwing me off. Does every member have to represent some kind of chess piece or some **** like that?
    Some **** like that.

OMG, where have you been for the last 30 years.

Yeah, the Hellfire Club always did the Chess analogy for it's members.
    American Branch is White and Black
    British Branch is Red and Black
    The Lord Imperial is usually the Black King, but it has been the White King prior to Shaw taking down the Langs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellfire_Club_(comics)
    https://www.marvel.com/teams-and-groups/hellfire-club
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

No, not the Hellfire Club, but the Inner Circle (a subgroup within the HFC)

Just ignore the past existence of the Warrior White Princess title.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Just ignore the past existence of the Warrior White Princess title.
    lol, they have princesses too that usually work for the White Queen, Red Queen, and Black Queen.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Warrior_White_Princess

Ophelia Sarkissian (Viper) Warrior White Princes to White Queen Courtney Ross

Rachel Summers (Marvel Girl) Warrior White Princess to White Queen Emma Frost

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Christian? Where was he confirmed?
    The Christian thing was heavily implied on a post on twitter. And it makes the most sense for that guy to be him on the cover for issue #5. I mean he's Emma's brother, a relatively new mutant, probably has some clout in the Hellfire club, plus he knows Bobby. And if him and Bobby become a thing that'd be much better then pairing him off with some random cause there's already some type of history there, it all adds up. Who knows IceFrost could be the most iconic ship Bobby's ever had! He's the only one who probably doesn't have any type of genuine beef with Emma too so no issues there.
    Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    He wasn't.

Duggan tweeted this, interpret it as you will:

https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...51181570363393
    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    On one of the upcoming covers Iceman is on the boat and there is a sexy man standing beside him in a bathrobe and they look like they might be together. A lot of people are guessing that it might be Christian.

Also, Gerry Duggan hinted that we might be seeing the White Knight of the Hellfire Club and it was hinted that he was in that cover picture. Since Emma is the White Queen, if she did bring her brother in he would probably be White Knight. However, on the other hand the White Knight actually might be Bobby himself.
    Replying to all of you at once... but I hope it's TRUE!!!!!!
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

This is probably the one book I am most excited about (with New Mutants and Excalibur the other tops.) I love this cast and consider for the most part, these are my favorite X characters (I'm only sad that Rachel and Nightcrawler aren't here!!) But of course if there's going to be a pirate themed X book, Kitty would be front and center (her fairy tale to young Illyanna way back when in Uncanny 153 I think has always been a favorite.)
    3491_20051121125244_large.jpg
    I also dont think I mind if she even drops the Shadowcat alter ego (if she is even still using it at all) and goes full in on the Red King (didn't Storm share the White King mantle with Magneto for a bit?) The one thing I have missed most about Kitty's character has been her feisty, volcanic, but always optimistic personality. That's been rare.
    The only thing I am not on board with is Pyro being the older one. I quite liked the new younger Pyro and the dynamic that could have been between him and Iceman.
    Speaking of Iceman, he always looks best in his speedos or booty shorts, but I would never decry a nude Iceman either.

My favourite thing about Emma and Kitty is that Emma has actually succeeded in what she always wanted, Kitty is joining the Hellfire Club! Yay, it's a win for Emma! I think the irony of it is hilarious calling all the way back to Kitty's first appearance and Emma trying to recruit her to the Hellions.

Quote Originally Posted by matteololli View Post
    Btw we opted for the spedos but I have a couple of full nude bobby's booty pages still in my folder, it was the first version then revised to cool speedos, I love it.

About Emma, I plan to give her a new dress every issue or as much as possible. She's one of my all time fav character.
    Attachment 88153

I liked the free hair as in sample 4 but I think the low ponytail is more piraty so it fits better, also I'll try to shorten the ponytail and give her a small ribbon. https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/1056xn/p06tngx7.jpg
    so used to giving and at last I get to receive.gif
    and receive we shall. thanks a ton!

Btw we opted for the spedos but I have a couple of full nude bobby's booty pages still in my folder, it was the first version then revised to cool speedos, I love it.
    How did I miss this? And how does one go about getting their hands on such things? I'm kidding. Not kidding.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mighty Member

My favourite thing about Emma and Kitty is that Emma has actually succeeded in what she always wanted, Kitty is joining the Hellfire Club! Yay, it's a win for Emma! I think the irony of it is hilarious calling all the way back to Kitty's first appearance and Emma trying to recruit her to the Hellions.
    You make it sound like Kitty will be in Emma's pocket, that she will blindly follow Emma's lead and be a reliable vote for whatever wants. I just don't see that. How is Kitty being on the council a benefit to Emma if Kitty is 100% independent? I think you are overestimating Kitty's influence with respect to being on the council, I don't thnk it matters in the grand scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    You make it sound like Kitty will be in Emma's pocket, that she will blindly follow Emma's lead and be a reliable vote for whatever wants. I just don't see that. How is Kitty being on the council a benefit to Emma if Kitty is 100% independent? I think you are overestimating Kitty's influence with respect to being on the council, I don't thnk it matters in the grand scheme of things.
    No I don't think she'll be in Emma's pocket. I just mean that Emma will feel that she finally got something she always wanted, Kitty is joining her team. I am sure Kitty will take this opportunity to argue with Emma all the time, I just think there is a certain amount of satisfaction Emma could take from the fact that she successfully recruited Kate Pryde to the Hellfire Club, even if Kitty gives her a headache every day.

I am going to make a prediction about Emma's motives.

Emma knows that when she and Sebastian are in the Hellfire Club and vying for control that they tend to go down pretty dark paths and they stop worrying about the collateral damage.

Emma decides she needs someone to join the Hellfire Club that will prevent it from becoming a war zone between Emma and Sebastian. Someone with a strong voice that neither of them would ever be able to buy or control. So she asks Kate, the one person who is always skeptical of Emma and Sebastian. Kate will be the ethical voice that the Hellfire Club needs to keep it reasonably honest. Emma probably hopes that Kate will be very vocal with her opinions at meetings and that Kate will challenge both Emma and Sebastian on a regular basis.

I don't think Emma intends for Katherine to be in her pocket at all, her expectation is that Katherine won't be in her pocket and she won't be in Sebastian's pocket either. Kate will always be a strong 3rd voice that keeps the Hellfire Club from descending into a war between Emma and Sebastian.

That is my feelings about it.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I am going to make a prediction about Emma's motives.

Emma knows that when she and Sebastian are in the Hellfire Club and vying for control that they tend to go down pretty dark paths and they stop worrying about the collateral damage.

Emma decides she needs someone to join the Hellfire Club that will prevent it from becoming a war zone between Emma and Sebastian. Someone with a strong voice that neither of them would ever be able to buy or control. So she asks Kate, the one person who is always skeptical of Emma and Sebastian. Kate will be the ethical voice that the Hellfire Club needs to keep it reasonably honest. Emma probably hopes that Kate will be very vocal with her opinions at meetings and that Kate will challenge both Emma and Sebastian on a regular basis.

I don't think Emma intends for Katherine to be in her pocket at all, her expectation is that Katherine won't be in her pocket and she won't be in Sebastian's pocket either. Kate will always be a strong 3rd voice that keeps the Hellfire Club from descending into a war between Emma and Sebastian.

That is my feelings about it.
    Thats kind of my thoughts about her putting Kitty on the board as well