Page 39 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I wonder if maybe Kitty isnt fully onboard with the whole Krakoa project and maybe not even living on the island at all and thats why Emma picks her to be a voice of dissent and why her inclusion is a mystery in universe.
    We did see her planting a flower in HoX #1 but maybe she disageed with some of Xavier's decisions which would be on brand.
    The flower planting doesn't preclude them from later depicting her as not on board with Krakoa, but with all the setup Hickman did for Marauders elsewhere in HOXPOX, it's hard to imagine why he would have written Kitty into that sequence in the first place if Kitty's role was going to be as a Krakoa skeptic. (It's not like Marauders took shape in between writing HOX #1 and POX #5; I think Duggan and White have said Marauders has been in development for a year.)

Also we've seen on the Krakoa map that Hellfire Bay has a "Red Keep", so if Kitty isn't living on Krakoa at the start of Marauders, I bet it doesn't take her long to relocate.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    The flower planting doesn't preclude them from later depicting her as not on board with Krakoa, but with all the setup Hickman did for Marauders elsewhere in HOXPOX, it's hard to imagine why he would have written Kitty into that sequence in the first place if Kitty's role was going to be as a Krakoa skeptic. (It's not like Marauders took shape in between writing HOX #1 and POX #5; I think Duggan and White have said Marauders has been in development for a year.)

Also we've seen on the Krakoa map that Hellfire Bay has a "Red Keep", so if Kitty isn't living on Krakoa at the start of Marauders, I bet it doesn't take her long to relocate.
    Also, Kitty might be working at the Krakoan Embassy in the United States when Emma goes to talk to her about the trade agreements and the Hellfire Club.

OMG, I can't believe I am enthusiastic about trade agreements and negotiations when I hated that about the first Star Wars Prequel. Now we could have an entire comic where Emma talks to people about trade agreements, and sending in the Marauders when people refuse to trade in good faith or violate the agreements to allow mutants to go to Krakoa.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Also, Kitty might be working at the Krakoan Embassy in the United States when Emma goes to talk to her about the trade agreements and the Hellfire Club.
    Honestly, the blue glow the Kitty had in the teaser page made me think she was a hologram.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Honestly, the blue glow the Kitty had in the teaser page made me think she was a hologram.
    I assumed that, as well. Is that not the case?

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    I assumed that, as well. Is that not the case?
    I just meant that she might be based in New York and that is why Emma went there to meet Kitty. Kitty wanted to take precautions and meet Emma as a hologram, but I wouldn't be surprised if she is working at the US Krakoan Embassy as the representative of Krakoa to the United States.

I just figured Emma was meeting with holo-Kitty in the USA because she's working there, not Kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post

OMG, I can't believe I am enthusiastic about trade agreements and negotiations when I hated that about the first Star Wars Prequel. Now we could have an entire comic where Emma talks to people about trade agreements, and sending in the Marauders when people refuse to trade in good faith or violate the agreements to allow mutants to go to Krakoa.
    Right? Its hilarious. There are all kinds of parallels to be drawn with this paradigm shift for the X-Men and other fiction that never really resonated with me, but when slapped with the X-logo, here I am ravenous to feed. ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Right? Its hilarious. There are all kinds of parallels to be drawn with this paradigm shift for the X-Men and other fiction that never really resonated with me, but when slapped with the X-logo, here I am ravenous to feed. ha ha
    Next issue of the Maruaders, the Trade Federation has created a blockade around Krakoa, and Emma sends in the Marauders (Jedi) to negotiate an end to the blockade.

I'm pretty excited to see the DP variant cover of this.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I really do wish artsts in general learn how to draw different types of faces and features and body-types. It lends a certain level of authenticity when it come to depicting characters who do have different faces, features and body types.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I really do wish artsts in general learn how to draw different types of faces and features and body-types. It lends a certain level of authenticity when it come to depicting characters who do have different faces, features and body types.
    they practice by doing things like fan art. The person who drew that picture above could be in their teens for all we know, and just learning to be an artist.

BANNED

I hope this thick boy makes an appearance.

BANNED

pls no
    10c

BANNED

Harry Leland is the Hellfire Club.