Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Attachment 88683

Happy Grace
    The best tis the akira yoshida one. Way to not ever work on Marvel anymore;

yeah big corporations sucks and are unfair to LGBT creators.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Your book got cancelled. Sit down
    His books, like most Marvel books, got a 12ish issue run. Then sold well enough in TPB to cause Marvel to give him another 6 issues.

Now the Marauders cast was noticeably similar to his cast in Iceman's solo series; that's something that I could say is ironic. But Christian Frost is a character literally no one has touched in well over a decade; and appearing in the same book with the same familiar cast. If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck its a duck.

I think this response is pretty on point and PC.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    His books, like most Marvel books, got a 12ish issue run. Then sold well enough in TPB to cause Marvel to give him another 6 issues.

Now the Marauders cast was noticeably similar to his cast in Iceman's solo series; that's something that I could say is ironic. But Christian Frost is a character literally no one has touched in well over a decade; and appearing in the same book with the same familiar cast. If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck its a duck.

He's jumping on the bandwagon and latching onto Maraurders early positive buzz. How can he or anyone say this book is already commercially sustainable after 1 issue and for using his cast? He's reaching and making a big leap that he's trying to take credit for. And it was laced with shade. He needs to sit down and move on. His Iceman sucked but hopefully Duggan can do better with these characters over the course of this book. So far this one issue was better by a large margin than any of the 17ish issues Sina wrote in the X-line

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post

Nah, he comes off as completely passive-aggressive. We don't know how well Marauders is selling outside of digital sales on CMX, so he should chill a lot. Also, that argument of nobody touching Christian for a decade is whack. I guess Jean's fans should also thank Rosenberg for X-Men: Red, since it featured characters that appeared in Phoenix Resurrection, including adult Jean Grey, a character nobody had touched in a more than a decade, if we go by that logic.

He indeed figured out a cast that works, but so what? Their writing is on different levels. If Marauders proves to be commercially successful, it will be because of Duggan's writing, not because of the cast only. He's throwing basically the same tantrum Liefeld has for the past weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Nah, he comes off as completely passive-aggressive. We don't know how well Marauders is selling outside of digital sales on CMX, so he should chill a lot. Also, that argument of nobody touching Christian for a decade is whack. I guess Jean's fans should also thank Rosenberg for X-Men: Red, since it featured characters that appeared in Phoenix Resurrection, including adult Jean Grey, a character nobody had touched in a more than a decade, if we go by that logic.

He indeed figured out a cast that works, but so what? Their writing is on different levels. If Marauders proves to be commercially successful, it will be because of Duggan's writing, not because of the cast only. He's throwing basically the same tantrum Liefeld has for the past weeks.
    Amen.

Also, as I had pointed out in another thread, some of this connections were pretty obvious and had been talked about by fans already.

Kitty and Bobby were in a relationship and Kitty was the main character at the time - > obviously included;

Emma Frost was inside Bobby's head and many of us were talking about how she probably knew about his homosexuality. Plus her brother is gay - > both obviously included.

OG Pyro was there only for the fire vs ice thing plus NuPyro was a thing at the time I think - > included.

The only nice interaction that was out of the box thinking was the couple Bobby + Bishop imo. I can give him credit for that, even though nothing amazingly good came out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Amen.

Also, as I had pointed out in another thread, some of this connections were pretty obvious and had been talked about by fans already.

Kitty and Bobby were in a relationship and Kitty was the main character at the time - > obviously included;

Emma Frost was inside Bobby's head and many of us were talking about how she probably knew about his homosexuality. Plus her brother is gay - > both obviously included.

OG Pyro was there only for the fire vs ice thing plus NuPyro was a thing at the time I think - > included.

The only nice interaction that was out of the box thinking was the couple Bobby + Bishop imo. I can give him credit for that, even though nothing amazingly good came out of it.
    It could even be that Gerry Duggan did read his work and thought about what he could do himself with a similar cast and now he is going to show us. Obviously, they are also tying things back a little. One thing I noticed is that Jonathan Hickman doesn't ignore continuity, he is trying to make it make sense when you look at it as a whole, so Sina's run isn't being ignored.

Bobby's story intersects with Kitty, Emma, Christian, and Bishop
    Emma's story intersects with Christian, Bobby, Kitty, and Storm
    Storm's story intersects with Kitty, Bobby, Bishop, and Emma
    Kate's story intersects with Storm, Emma, Bobby, and Bishop

These people cross over with each other. The new character is Pyro, and I am not sure why they went with the original Pyro instead of the new one, perhaps they decided that they wanted to show one of the older characters being resurrected and brought back. Plus Pyro's story does intersect with Mystique and Destiny so he may end up pulling the Marauders into Mystique's quest to bring Destiny back.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    These people cross over with each other. The new character is Pyro, and I am not sure why they went with the original Pyro instead of the new one, perhaps they decided that they wanted to show one of the older characters being resurrected and brought back. Plus Pyro's story does intersect with Mystique and Destiny so he may end up pulling the Marauders into Mystique's quest to bring Destiny back.
    I'm kinda hoping Py-mon decides to choose a new codename and costume, just to keep him around.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    It could even be that Gerry Duggan did read his work and thought about what he could do himself with a similar cast and now he is going to show us. Obviously, they are also tying things back a little. One thing I noticed is that Jonathan Hickman doesn't ignore continuity, he is trying to make it make sense when you look at it as a whole, so Sina's run isn't being ignored.

Bobby's story intersects with Kitty, Emma, Christian, and Bishop
    Emma's story intersects with Christian, Bobby, Kitty, and Storm
    Storm's story intersects with Kitty, Bobby, Bishop, and Emma
    Kate's story intersects with Storm, Emma, Bobby, and Bishop

Bingo. Gold Pyro has no history with anyone significant besides Bobby and thats weak at best. The original has ties to more characters, especially these two, both of whom have been teased to play a role in Hickman's run

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Bingo. Gold Pyro has no history with anyone significant besides Bobby and thats weak at best. The original has ties to more characters, especially these two, both of whom have been teased to play a role in Hickman's run
    which is good, it makes for some exciting stories down the road in the Marauders.

I am still curious if original Pyro is Destiny's son or related to her in some way, when he called Destiny mother in life #3 that was curious to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post

That’s hilarious. I re-Read the story and I saw that.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    That’s hilarious. I re-Read the story and I saw that.
    What's hilarious about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    What's hilarious about it?
    super tasty finger snacks, I bet they taste like chicken!

Apparently you have to explain the gag to people

I mean people can complain that Lockheed is acting way less intelligent than normal but Duggan is writing Lockheed more animal like for sure.

Dragons get hungry too, so one day he can grow up and become a big dragon!!