Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Awww man! I was hoping Marauders would come out the First week of October. :-( I guess not

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Awww man! I was hoping Marauders would come out the First week of October. :-( I guess not
    https://comicstore.marvel.com/Maraud...al-comic/52697

<sob> October 23, so unfair that we have to wait that long for the first issue. At least they are double shipping till the end of December so we are getting 4 issues before Dec 31 I think.

That would have it coming out before HOX/POX ends! But it is kind of cool how all the new x-titles are staggered in such a way that all the October debuts get the week to themselves, so they sort of get to enjoy the momentum of the weekly event.

10/2 - HOX 6
    10/9 - POX 6
    10/16 - X-Men 1
    10/23 - Marauders 1
    10/30 - Excalibur 1

From that point on there are two x-books a week, until November 27th when it goes to three a week, and then they all have an issue December 18th :O (and then nothing for christmas/new year's, besides whatever's in "Incoming")

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    That would have it coming out before HOX/POX ends! But it is kind of cool how all the new x-titles are staggered in such a way that all the October debuts get the week to themselves, so they sort of get to enjoy the momentum of the weekly event.

10/2 - HOX 6
    10/9 - POX 6
    10/16 - X-Men 1
    10/23 - Marauders 1
    10/30 - Excalibur 1

From that point on there are two x-books a week, until November 27th when it goes to three a week, and then they all have an issue December 18th :O (and then nothing for christmas/new year's, besides whatever's in "Incoming")
    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    https://comicstore.marvel.com/Maraud...al-comic/52697

<sob> October 23, so unfair that we have to wait that long for the first issue. At least they are double shipping till the end of December so we are getting 4 issues before Dec 31 I think.
    Thanks guys for clarifying for me.

I was just having wishful thinking. I didn’t take into account of the last issues of HoX and PoX. Which is fine beck rather not get spoiled on how it ends just by reading Marauders.

Damn we need to wait a lot :| I was hoping we'd get more than one new title a week.

Thanks guys for clarifying for me.

I was just having wishful thinking. I didn’t take into account of the last issues of HoX and PoX. Which is fine beck rather not get spoiled on how it ends just by reading Marauders.
    I am so with you, I can't wait for the Dawn of X books. I want to see what Emma, Storm, and Kitty are all doing, what their relationship with each other is like. Does everyone hate Emma? Is she friends with Storm again? How does Iceman and Bishop fit in? Does Iceman get a boyfriend? Does Kitty finally get a girlfriend? (..cough... Rachel... cough...)!

Do they play "I'm on a Boat?" when they are on the boat? https://youtu.be/R7yfISlGLNU

BANNED

I am so with you, I can't wait for the Dawn of X books. I want to see what Emma, Storm, and Kitty are all doing, what their relationship with each other is like. Does everyone hate Emma? Is she friends with Storm again? How does Iceman and Bishop fit in? Does Iceman get a boyfriend? Does Kitty finally get a girlfriend? (..cough... Rachel... cough...)!

Do they play "I'm on a Boat?" when they are on the boat? https://youtu.be/R7yfISlGLNU
    Oh, same here. I want to know why Emma asked Kitty lead the Team and if Storm volunteered herself or was asked to be on it the same with Bobby and Bishop. And of course their relationship with each other as of now.

Oh, same here. I want to know why Emma asked Kitty lead the Team and if Storm volunteered herself or was asked to be on it the same with Bobby and Bishop. And of course their relationship with each other as of now.
    And Bobby needs to play "I'm on a Boat!" that needs to be their theme song.

Still there are so many questions I want answered! The first issues can't come soon enough. I hope there are some scenes or even flashbacks of Kitty, Storm, and Emma having some kind of planning session about why they need to do this and how they are going to maintain the ship.

BANNED

And Bobby needs to play "I'm on a Boat!" that needs to be their theme song.

Still there are so many questions I want answered! The first issues can't come soon enough. I hope there are some scenes or even flashbacks of Kitty, Storm, and Emma having some kind of planning session about why they need to do this and how they are going to maintain the ship.
    I feel like the Professor will be talking to Emma about the Drugs and the Trading Company. I think Emma is going to ask for a Team that should be able to defend her, have cool heads etc. Which is why we have the Team where looking at. What sucks is I don’t think Emma will be on the field at all. Which means there’s a possibility for an extra member.

I feel like the Professor will be talking to Emma about the Drugs and the Trading Company. I think Emma is going to ask for a Team that should be able to defend her, have cool heads etc. Which is why we have the Team where looking at. What sucks is I don’t think Emma will be on the field at all. Which means there’s a possibility for an extra member.
    Yeah the more I learn about Emma's current role it feels like Xavier has her working as the political face of Krakoa. Hank and Emma are the face of mutants that Xavier wants people to see, elegant, well behaved, cultured. Socially capable of handling themselves around the rich and power. I wonder if Hank is the White King of the Hellfire Club?

I guess it's possible she will go on missions, but I think she might have to stay on Krakoa a lot. She probably only goes on the ship when Xavier wants her to meet a trade or political delegation someplace.

BANNED

Yeah the more I learn about Emma's current role it feels like Xavier has her working as the political face of Krakoa. Hank and Emma are the face of mutants that Xavier wants people to see, elegant, well behaved, cultured. Socially capable of handling themselves around the rich and power. I wonder if Hank is the White King of the Hellfire Club?

I guess it's possible she will go on missions, but I think she might have to stay on Krakoa a lot. She probably only goes on the ship when Xavier wants her to meet a trade or political delegation someplace.
    Nah, Hank isn’t the White King. In fact I don’t think Hank will be nowhere apart of this. He has X-Force to be apart of. I think Emma would rather handled things by herself. Which is why she is directly responsible for the HFC AND the Trading Company.

I really don’t think Emma is going on missions. I think she will be at Krakoa relaying orders to the Marauders via TP. The solicitation tells me that she is dealing with people at home(Krakoa) that is tryna steal the HFC from her. So, it wouldn’t make sense for her to leave Krakoa and go with the Marauders around the world when someone is trying to take her position. Which is why another person may be added to the group of Marauders. Possibly another Telepath. And if that’s the case my vote is Rachel Grey.

With Krakoa portals Frost can come and go as she pleases

Does Kitty finally get a girlfriend? (..cough... Rachel... cough...)!
    omg this is what I’m invested in more than literally anything else that could potentially be explored in DoX. Which is unfortunate because it has nothing to do with any of the many potential stories they’ve actually set up in HOX/POX (though certainly all that is why I’m more excited now than I would be if I was just waiting for Kitty to get a girlfriend while the books are boring) but I really do think this new era of everyone getting to decide what human traits to hold on to and what to leave behind, and really being proud of everyone’s differences, really does create the perfect climate to capitalize on that long running subtext.

Though I’m not sure I’d want to see Kitty and Rachel get together right away. I think it’d be cool to see Kitty just sail the seas seeing what the world has to offer for a while, after spending most of her life being so ‘endgame’ with nearly everyone she’s dated and almost getting married twice. I think once she gets with Rachel they’ll be like Wiccan and Hulkling.. or at least like Scott and Jean or Peter and MJ, who are kind of forever linked even when they’re apart. (Maybe they already are, and they’ve just started with a very long ‘apart’ or ‘it’s complicated’ period.) Would love to see it finally be time to happen on page eventually but would also love to see Kitty get to enjoy not being so attached to anyone first.

How do you feel about that vis-a-vis Rachel? I’d love to see her queerness made more explicit too, but I’ve never thought of romantic attachments being as important to her. Unless it’s just tragically always been Kitty.

BANNED

I think the current crop of Marvel writers like Magik more than Rachel.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I think the current crop of Marvel writers like Magik more than Rachel.
    I could see that! I just always assume that if a new writer is ever going to go the "it's as God (Claremont) intended!" route there's probably a stronger case for Rachel.

Illyana is neck and neck with Kitty as my all time favorite character, and I love them together. They've had an intimacy and understanding of each other, and love, but I think it's always kind of intuitively involved some compartmentalization and boundaries on both their parts, which, if they ever said "okay we're doing this" I have the sense that, as far as my own personal understanding of both characters, extrapolated to ends that feel right to me... they would either have to make certain boundaries a knowing part of any long term relationship, or it could be very toxically co-dependent in the long run. I could see Kitty wanting to bear all the weight of what Illyana's been through in her life, which she could never fully understand. There's a part of Illyana that may never believe herself deserving of love, which no amount of love could fill, try as anyone might. And I can see Illyana wanting to protect Kitty's relative innocence about the world, which Kitty might not fully appreciate in practice even if she understood where it came from, and could conversely see Illyana wanting to disabuse Kitty of any innocent illusions she might have about her, like she did with her brother, in a way that could be abusive even if they love each other. It's hard for me to imagine Illyana in a healthy relationship with anyone, though I won't say it's impossible and certainly wouldn't say she wouldn't deserve it, if it was something she wanted. But I can definitely see Kitty throwing herself into it with less regard for her own healthy limitations than others might have, so it's a volatile combo on both ends. In a way the best guardrail they've had all along is the pretense of being 'just friends' which is based more on not thinking about things than on any kind of self reflection. (That we know of.)

I mean I'm basically just writing fan fiction now, but I only meant to elaborate on their personality traits as I see them to date! Huh I sure think about these characters a lot though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Last edited by TOTALITY; 09-22-2019 at 02:38 PM. Reason: typo