Of course this is the most popular question at the moment, and while commenting on an IGN thread I had an idea that would most likely cause many of us that are unhappy with what just went down to not take it as badly.

I honestly hope that Sony already had this idea in its pocket and that it is the real reason they were willing to split with Marvel Studios.

Thanks to Spider-Verse......and there all the pieces begin to fall into place.

Holland can be the MCU Spider-Man, they just have to play it tongue in cheek AND Holland's Spider-Man would need to have been stuck in the new dimension for a few years so that he has already acclimated.

Have the 3rd Spider-Man live action movie take place in a world introducing Ghost Spider or Miles to the live screen, where Holland's Spider-Man and whomever first work together as a team. How they balance the number of spiders is up to them, but having Holland be the Experienced one and having him live would be much more like how the Comic is right now...

In all honesty, I think bringing Holland over this way for the next live action movie is the only way Sony stands a chance at not losing over $400-600M that they most likely would have made with a Marvel Studios backed 3rd Spider-Man with Holland's Peter taking center stage for the long haul that would have continued one of the greatest collaborations in Studio Executive History.

I seriously want to hear what it would take for Sony to guarantee your butt in a seat for their...re-...something...and what you think about my idea for bringing Holland over to whatever Universe(s) Sony is setting up for Spider-Man.