All-New Member

Exclamation Favorite X-Men Animated Series Episode?

Hi everyone,

So this is for all the fans of the X-Men Animated show that aired in the 90's. I think it was the best show ever. I enjoyed watching it as a kid, and I still enjoy it today. I thought it would be great to pay tribute to those great people who made the show by compiling a list of our favorite episodes.

For me personally, the whole Phoenix Saga was mind-blowing. I loved Jean Grey and her transformations. The last episode was the ultimate punch for me.

What do you think?

LOVED IT!!! My life long love of the X-men and Storm came from this series. The whole thing was a joy from start to finish. They hit all the right notes, and still gave everyone some time to shine.

"We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Mighty Member

It's not my favorite X-Men series (that would be X-Men Evolution), but this series did start off very well, despite its lower budget choppy animation (seriously, watch any of them run, it's hilarious).

The series had to be really good, because I was not sold on the line up at the beginning. I hated both Gambit and Jubilee with a passion in the comics, and only had lukewarm feelings about Beast. However, the show actually made Gambit and Beast two of the better characters, and while I still don't like Jubilee, at least she wasn't as annoying in the show as she was in the comics.

The series started very well, adapting elements of the comics into some pretty well written stories that entertained me even though the animation was still subpar. I felt the series went off the rails when they tried to directly adapt the best X-Men storylines. The Phoenix saga was extremely watered down from the comic version and had none of the impact that the comic did. I was extremely disappointed in the Phoenix Saga and every other direct adaptation after that.

As long as one watches only the first two seasons, X-Men is a very good cartoon. I mean, come on, season 2 had Xavier and Magneto having to work together without the use of their powers to survive in the Savage Land. That was awesome stuff right there.

As for my favorites episodes, that would be "Time Fugitives". Cable having to figure out how to save three timelines from Apocalypse was pretty darn cool.

I want to say the Phoenix Saga, just because it brought to life such an emotional story. Those episodes will always have a special place in my heart.

However, the one arc in the show that always stood out to me even more was One Man's Worth. That two-part episode that had a married Storm and Wolverine working together to save the past was just too sweet. It had a level of heart that is difficult to find in any cartoon of that era, or any era for that matter. Those two episodes are the episodes I can watch again and again, yet still feel that same dramatic impact. So as much as I love the Phoenix Saga, I'd have to pick One Man's Worth in this case.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

All-New Member

Default My favorite episode and my favorite Arc

My favorite episode is A Rogue’s Tale because of Rogue’s origin story and about her power absorption and how she had super strength and the ability to fly and Lenore’s voice acting is amazing especially at the part when she said ‘I’m scared Storm.’ And Storm told her to let them help her and she replied that only Professor X could have helped her and that he was gone, maybe forever. It’s also amazing how she even made herself sound like a teenager, it was even cool as the animators drew her face as a teenager in flashbacks. And the ending is so sweet how she visited Carol Danvers. And I love what Rogue said whole fighting a mental version of Ms Marvel, “This is only happening in my mind.” How true, considering I am a Christian we need to remember whatever we struggle with, it’s only happening in our minds.

Now arc: my favorite story arc is The Dark Phoenix Saga!!! Talk about emotional, anyways I read an issue of the comic series as a kid and this brings back so many memories. Anyway what I love about this itÂ’s not a one manÂ’s show, itÂ’s team work, and itÂ’s about loyalty and sacrifice, and not letting your emotions get in the way.
    I also love the hilarious one liners in this arc!!! What I love about this show, from Seasons 1- 4 no one tried to be funny.