Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

if Henry Pym weren't such a screw up, she'd probably be attracted to him. she called him handsome in their first encounter. but i don't know if he's as naturally adventurous as Reed. he has been described as a bit of a homebody.

as an aside, i think it was Tom Defalco who originally planned to use Pym as Reed's "replacement" in his Fantastic Four run. Pym was an active Avenger at the time. so he used Scott Lang instead. if you read that run knowing this, some of Scott's usage makes more sense. he's kind of full of self doubt and secretly pining for Sue. the two of them eventually do go on an unofficial "date" (well, it was a carriage ride that they both dressed up for). but it's really easy to imagine Hank Pym being in the run and acting much the same way.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 09-17-2019 at 09:59 AM.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

That Sue and T'Challa thing will never not be awkward

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    She likes men she can attempt to fix.
    This is an interesting observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I fanwank the scene as T'Challa testing Sue as another aspect of his examination of the Fantastic Four. But yeah, it's an awkward scne and one I had to hop through hoops to make work.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    if Henry Pym weren't such a screw up, she'd probably be attracted to him. she called him handsome in their first encounter. but i don't know if he's as naturally adventurous as Reed. he has been described as a bit of a homebody.
    I like this one. But I'm also kinda tired of Sue's entire character being focused on affairs, lol.

But for me, it's always gonna be Reed.............................................. ..............then Namor, and no one else, really.

Mighty Member

I just want to say that when Sue betrayed Cap in Hickman's Avengers run, it was kind of glorious.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

The right answer is always Scott Summers.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    The right answer is always Scott Summers.
    I don't think he's old enough. I also think she's got a daddy issue thing.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Promoting infidelity and trophy wives? smh this wouldn't fly in the X-Threads.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    You're thinking of Bryne's Susan.
    "Cable was right!"

he's an old spirit. plus, he has a mommy issue. so they are a match made in heaven.

I think you're mixing up Sue and Johnny...

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Promoting infidelity and trophy wives? smh this wouldn't fly in the X-Threads.

This is what happens to the quality of Sue threads when I stop making them.
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-17-2019 at 10:14 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I chalk it up to bad writing by a novice to comics at that time. Besides, it occured in the Marvel Knights version of Fantastic Four so it is not in continuity. It was never in sync with Waid Fantastic Four.

I am totally against any writer that changes anything during the classic Kirby run. Besides, if you go back to the issue where the FF meet BP, Reed and Sue go off on their delayed honeymoon right afterwards. How scummy does that make BP look for hitting on a new bride anway?
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-17-2019 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I chalk it up to bad writing by a novice to comics at that time. Besides, it occured in the Marvel Knights version of Fantastic Four so it it not in continuity. It was never in sync with Waid Fantastic Four.

I am totally against any writer that changes anything during the classic Kirby run. Besides, if you go back to the issue where the FF meet BP, Reed and Sue go off on their delayed honeymoon right afterwards. How scummy does that make BP look for hitting on a new bride anway?
    I believe Marvel Knights 4 is canon now.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I chalk it up to bad writing by a novice to comics at that time. Besides, it occured in the Marvel Knights version of Fantastic Four so it it not in continuity. It was never in sync with Waid Fantastic Four.

not as scummy as Doom using his godlike power to make Sue his bride; not to mention the black swans.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I believe Marvel Knights 4 is canon now.
    I suppose Brevoort could declare it was now. But there was an ackward situation that developed when Bill Jemas fired Mark Waid from the Fantastic Four for not following his mandate to make the FF a comic about a goofy family with a cranky neighbor. The story literally broke CBR and other comic book sites at the time of a less robust internet. IIRC Jemas felt Waid's FF got too grim with Unthinkable. In the meantime, Jemas had hired Roberto Aguirre Acosta to write the FF. But when he saw all the fan outrage (Waid was a lot more popular back then) Jemas had to ask Waid back. As a consolation, he gave RAC the Marvel Knights version. If you read his Marvel Knights 4that runs around the same time as Waid's Fantastic Four, it is definitely a definitely out of sync with Waids's events in Fantastic Four. In Waid's FF, they had just been socked with a heavy fine from the US govt for Reed's interference in Latveria. They think they are going to be bankrupt. But a few pages later, Reed announces that he has just turned loose a few inventions for patents and made a killing. In RAC's FF, Sue gets a job as a teacher (when no where in FF canon is it ever mentioned that she has a degree in education), Reed goes job hunting, Ben works for a contruction company and IIRC Johnny works as a fireman, Does that sound like anything that happened in the main title? This was tracking to the Jemas idea of making them more down to earth that Waid couldn't deliver to Jemas's satisfaction. It wasn't that Waid refused, it was that Jemas didn't like the rewrite that he and Brevoort worked on so he fired him.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    not as scummy as Doom using his godlike power to make Sue his bride; not to mention the black swans.
    I think I've posted this pages about a zillion times. That was Sue from another of the remaining multiverses. Sue died in the life raft accident. This Sue became his consort willingly. The Black Swans were created to help with the incursions. It's not like they were concubines.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-17-2019 at 11:23 AM.