Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 91 to 99 of 99
  1. #91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    No, Sue never went on any dates when Reed and Doom went *boom* in FF#381. Everyone assumed Reed was dead except her.


    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Fanta...imited_Vol_1_5
    ^synopsis
    Later back at the Four Freedoms Plaza the members of the Fantastic Four change out of their costumes and decide to have some time to themselves. While Scott and Sue decide to go out together, Ben is uninterested in palling around with Johnny. Ben hails a cab and tells him to drive around until he is ordered to stop, but the cab ride is cut short when the Wizard's ship passes over and kidnaps him in a teleportation beam. Ben soon finds himself in a room up against the Red Ghost and his Super-Apes. While the Ghost is untouchable, Ben soon finds himself swarmed by the apes who begin to mercilessly pound on him. Meanwhile, Scott and Sue are taking a carriage ride through Central Park. Sue mentions how some of the things Lang says reminds her of her late husband.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 09-20-2019 at 11:28 AM.

  2. #92
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    13,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post


    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Fanta...imited_Vol_1_5
    ^synopsis
    Later back at the Four Freedoms Plaza the members of the Fantastic Four change out of their costumes and decide to have some time to themselves. While Scott and Sue decide to go out together, Ben is uninterested in palling around with Johnny. Ben hails a cab and tells him to drive around until he is ordered to stop, but the cab ride is cut short when the Wizard's ship passes over and kidnaps him in a teleportation beam. Ben soon finds himself in a room up against the Red Ghost and his Super-Apes. While the Ghost is untouchable, Ben soon finds himself swarmed by the apes who begin to mercilessly pound on him. Meanwhile, Scott and Sue are taking a carriage ride through Central Park. Sue mentions how some of the things Lang says reminds her of her late husband.
    I looked up that issue and it's misleading to characterize it as a date. They went out to eat because Johnny took off on his own and Ben didn't feel like eating out since Sharon was missing. Klaw had broken her out of the containment chamber in the FF HQ to take her back to meet the Wizard.

    They went out to have dinner but it romance wasn't the topic of their brief conversation. They were talking about Reed.



  3. #93
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I donít know about Cap. It would be pretty hard to get Sue away from Reed Richards. Sues only ever shown an interest in Namor.

    Maybe Ben Grimm if he wasnít married. But nowadays? Sues a pretty complicated person, sees not a dumb blond. Spidey was mentioned very early on.

    I donít think Sue would go the Super hero route. I think she would turn to a normal for the domestic bliss factor. Someone we donít know. Itís the only way I see it if Reed pushes her away by being too involved and secluded. Sheís seen what heroism does to a relationship.
    Some attraction for Steve was floated back in The Marvel Super heroes Reality.

  4. #94
    Resident of The Djalia Blind Wedjat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    The man dumped his first wife Orroro because his country comes before his wife. He let Orroro walk into Doom traps and left her there. I felt awful for Orroro when he did this. I donít think Sue respects Panther for doing this to a woman. I donít think Sue and Panther have met since that debarkle.
    I don't think anyone should be using AvX as an example of how a character behaves naturally to be frank.

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Pretty much. Wakandans are rather cultish and jingoistic to begin with, and T'Challa is the most Wakandany of Wakandans. He will never put a woman over his country.
    T'Challa has always been written and established as the most liberal of Wakandans. His entire thing has always been about him struggling to balance his duties as king with his desire to be a global superhero and force of good, something that makes Wakandans question his rule at times. I seriously hate it when writers ignore this and confuse his shrewdness for nationalism, which makes him unrelatable and behave out-of-character.

    T'Challa literally left his country in the midst of a refugee crisis to solve the murder of an American girl because she was part of his outreach program. He would put anyone above what his country demands of him if he believes that person is worth it or if he believes in his heart it's the right thing to do. He did it with Storm too. So that's my long way of saying I disagree with that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    If Sue does get together with tchalla, I wonder how she would feel about all his other 'ceremonial' wives in waiting; the Dora Milaje.
    The Dora Milaje haven't been ceremonial wives in waiting for a long time now and T'Challa never used them for that.

  5. #95
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    13,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I don't think anyone should be using AvX as an example of how a character behaves naturally to be frank.
    That was in the separate mini-series DoomWar. It wasn't a part of the AvX stuff.

  6. #96
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Another angle to Sue being together with Tchalla would mean that she would be in very much the same position as Storm if AvsX occurred as Namor would still be her on and off subby. BP would no doubt kick her out without any consideration the same way he did with storm. Lol

  7. #97
    MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I certainly don't agree that T'Challa or anyone else for that matter is too good for Sue. She's a catch for anyone.
    My opinion of Sue is quite low because she has put up with Reed for so long.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

  8. #98
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    13,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    My opinion of Sue is quite low because she has put up with Reed for so long.
    That's called love.... you know, the part about for better or worse?

  9. #99
    FF purist/snob CaptCleghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    That's called love.... you know, the part about for better or worse?
    The Sue and Reed marriage has its own series of unique challenges. Reed's most like a normal American male when he's buried in work and ignores his wife. Some husbands have a relatively important job and his wife understands. Sometimes she puts up with it; sometimes she doesn't. If that was it, we'd have a different cponverstion. What the Richards have is a husband who's been declared dead for a while, has put his own son into a coma to keep the boy from blowing up a city, hit his wife while she was possessed, and kept his family away from other family and friends in order to repopulate the multiverse. I doubt those issues are anything a marriage counselor has dealt with before.

    Sue puts up with a lot. That's a fact and no one can deny. You are right, though. She stays because of love.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •