Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    You have shown a lack of knowledge of the character and I'm frankly done with this conversation. I could provide example after example disproving your point, but I'm not waiting my time doing that for you. Research for yourself, read more current books with Sue in them and you'll see that Sue has shown a lot of drive and willpower very often.

Saying that she does not, and that a cheating story of all things would be the only way to show that is ridiculous on various levels.
    I was reading about Sue Richards before you were taught how to read. It's alright liking a noble mundane version of a character but its long past due to change things up and I'm not talking about this new spy gimmick they want to run with. We got Black Widow for that.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I certainly don't agree that T'Challa or anyone else for that matter is too good for Sue. She's a catch for anyone.

BUt ultimately I think it's weird seeing Sue be with anyone else other than Reed... except for Namor I guess, since they have sort of teased that forbidden fruit for decades. Sue being with Steve or T'Challa or pretty much anyone else would just look and feel awkward.
    X how are you going to just ignore canon that T'challa did have flirtation with Sue. She did slam the door on that action either. They both clearly have kindred spirits of high energy.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    I was reading about Sue Richards before you were taught how to read. It's alright liking a noble mundane version of a character but its long past due to change things up and I'm not talking about this new spy gimmick they want to run with. We got Black Widow for that.
    Age means nothing when someone has no reading comprehension and means nothing when it comes to the present. You keep mentioning the spy thing as if it's the only thing that has presented Sue as powerful and resourceful.
    Also, frankly this affair premise being the only thing people often propose for Sue is sexist. It's all about men and does nothing for the character expect make her a cheater. It's a bad idea and shows an utter lack of imagination and lack of understanding of the character you supposedly read for a long time.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    X how are you going to just ignore canon that T'challa did have flirtation with Sue. She did slam the door on that action either. They both clearly have kindred spirits of high energy.
    At the time, Sue wasn't married so it was less weird. Seeing Sue act that way NOW would be a bit more messed up. You can SORT OF get away with it with Namor, because franky I think Sue almost takes advantage of whatever it is between them when she can... but I think that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    And what monstrous things did Doom do to her family? Well, we know that Johnny was the sun and Ben became the wall. But we never found out if they volunteered for this or not. Ben may have because Thanos had to talk him out of it. The world needed a sun so Johnny simply could be filling that role. Sue didn't show any anger, etc about it.
    that doesn't seem a little convenient to you? duplicates of his greatest enemies. the only one spared a horrific fate is his breeding stock.

If men got arrested for having fantasies there wouldn't be enough prisons in the world to hold them. And that's all that page shows.
    who's talking about arrest? the scene points to his character. nothing more honest than the inner landscape; even moreso with Doom because he's very protective of his image. i showed you where he thinks women belong.

Since it's not in the story your assumption about the Black Swans holds no weight. The Swans were not allowed to see Rabum Alal.
    there is no rabum alal. like every other cult leader, he duped people into believing in him and abused that faith. they look like a bunch of nuns to me. uh huh.

Sue's history is very convoluted. The earliest FF stories were in the early sixties when women were portrayed extremely differently. One can certainly cherry-pick instances in the first hundred issues when Sue showed gumption and delivered. But in those days, she was "the girl". Now we fit the entire FF history into the 21st century and from stolen spacecraft launch on, women are (or should be) treated as fully developed characters. Even though the Kirby issues are canon, a more active role for Sue should be retconned. Sliding timelines and all, you know.

Sue and Reed's marriage is considered one of comics' unbreakable concepts. So many comic marriages get broken up or dissolved or wiped out of existence that the one classic one of the first needs to be maintained. Of course some people will disagree, but I expect they're in the minority.

Because he's another goodie two shoe character and she wouldnt just cheat with any pretty boy that fiends after her.
    I dont see Steve getting in an extramarital affair with her. If she was divorced and he was single, maybe.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    At the time, Sue wasn't married so it was less weird. Seeing Sue act that way NOW would be a bit more messed up. You can SORT OF get away with it with Namor, because franky I think Sue almost takes advantage of whatever it is between them when she can... but I think that's about it.
    Sue and Reed had just got married and left Wakanda to go on their delayed honeymoon in Stan and Jack's Fantastic Four #55

As I explained earlier, the writer was writing his own alt universe version of the FF while Waid was on the main title. Again, in Marvel Knights 4, Sue had a job as a teacher. That has NEVER been true in the REAL Fantastic Four. And that is canon. Personally, any writer that tries to tinker with Stan and Jack's work had better really justify why they are doing it. IMO the MK story just makes BP look like a jerk to hit on someone who just got married and obviously in love with her husband
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-21-2019 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    that doesn't seem a little convenient to you? duplicates of his greatest enemies. the only one spared a horrific fate is his breeding stock.

who's talking about arrest? the scene points to his character. nothing more honest than the inner landscape; even moreso with Doom because he's very protective of his image. i showed you where he thinks women belong.
    Again, you make it sound like the correct way to fantasize one must only dwell on puppies and unicorns. The success of even a mediocre work like Fifty Shades of Gray disputes that. Doom even fantasized about killing Namor right there while they were talking but did he act on that? Neither did on act on the other. If anything Doom has empowered women like Titania, Volcana, Lady Victorious, Lancer, etc. In any case, this discussion is straying far from the OP's point.

there is no rabum alal. like every other cult leader, he duped people into believing in him and abused that faith. they look like a bunch of nuns to me. uh huh.
    And there were some old crones in the Library, along with the alien Swans as was pointed out earlier. Newsflash: Comic book artists frequently glam up the female characters. And Rabum Alal, the Great Destroyer, were both just disguises, assumed names. Whatever you want to call it.

And you seem to be forgetting that this was part of the plan that Owen Reece was telling Doom about in order to circumvent the grand plan of the Beyonders. Doom describes him as the Oracle. In any case, this discussion is straying far from the OP's point. If you want to continue revisiting the lead up to Secret Wars you can always start another thread.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-19-2019 at 09:19 AM.

Again, you make it sound like the correct way to fantasize one must only dwell on puppies and unicorns. The success of even a mediocre work like Fifty Shades of Gray disputes that. Doom even fantasized about killing Namor right there while they were talking but did he act on that? Neither did on act on the other. If anything Doom has empowered women like Titania, Volcana, Lady Victorious, Lancer, etc.
    you gave me a list of disposable servants and sycophants. and i like how you didn't mention She-Thing. because you know what he did to her. anyways, this is a comic book medium. when we are shown someone's inner thoughts, it is to be interpreted as the truth. Doom was playing out in his head his eventual revenge for being lowered to the role of one of the Cabal. we were seeing what he thought of the others. it's like that Onslaught story that demonstrated that the Hulk was ok with all of the other heroes being murdered if it meant that he was the one who defeated Onslaught/proved himself to be the strongest.

And there were some old crones in the Library,
    let's not get into his mommy issues.

along with the alien Swans as was pointed out earlier. Newsflash: Comic book artists freequently glam up the female characters.
    the Acolytes wore robes.

And Rabum Alal, the Great Destroyer, were both just disguises, assumed name. Whatever you want to call it.
    yeah. it was a con. i alluded to that when i said that he abused their faith. they went as far as he wanted them to.

And you seem to be forgetting that this was part of the plan that Owen Reece was telling Doom about in order to circumvent the grand plan of the Beyonders. Doom describes him as the Oracle. In any case, this discussion is straying far from the OP's point. If you want to continue revisiting the lead up to Secret Wars you can always start another thread.
    it's tacky to say your piece than declare the conversation over. at any rate, i said what i wanted to say. people will make up their own minds.

BANNED

I wonder if Reed can forgive Sue if she ever does have a affair. It seems a strong possibility that he would as the way he was speaking about her in innuendo in the Illuminati mini saying he knows exactly where she goes implies that he has made peace with her growing tired of his neglect periodically and blowing it out by hanging with Namor. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Sue's history is very convoluted. The earliest FF stories were in the early sixties when women were portrayed extremely differently. One can certainly cherry-pick instances in the first hundred issues when Sue showed gumption and delivered. But in those days, she was "the girl". Now we fit the entire FF history into the 21st century and from stolen spacecraft launch on, women are (or should be) treated as fully developed characters. Even though the Kirby issues are canon, a more active role for Sue should be retconned. Sliding timelines and all, you know.

Sue and Reed's marriage is considered one of comics' unbreakable concepts. So many comic marriages get broken up or dissolved or wiped out of existence that the one classic one of the first needs to be maintained. Of course some people will disagree, but I expect they're in the minority.
    There's a reason the Ultimate Comics and the last three FF movies (flawed as they might be) made Sue a scientist in her own right.

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

She has been with many people (in alt timelimes).

Real Sue....

Reed
    Namor
    Tchalla
    Spiderman (dated before Reed)
    Scott Lang (pined for Sue and they went on dates I think)
    Cap was considered a suitor in the Adventures and I read Marvel wanted this when Reed was dead in 90s but didn't pull trigger.

Alt Sues...

Blackbolt (married him)
    Tony Stark (married him)
    Doom (always seems to end up with him in future)
    Wolverine (evil boyfriend)
    Sabertooth (shacks up with him)
    Pip and Deadpool (fantasy sequences)
    Ben Grimm (a few realities, way to obvious)
    Psychoman (scary)
    Set (scarier and gross)
    Namor (marries him)
    TChalla (marries him)
    Thanos (bad ending in videogame)

Pined for Sue...

Dragon Man
    Rama-Tut (Kang)
    Some Alien posing as Roman emperor
    Random Badoon King
    Attuma
    Blastaar
    Scott Lang/Mermiden/Grottu (more appropriate here I guess)
    Adrian Tintreach (give it up please)
    Terrax
    Silver surfer (movie version)
    Impossible Man (cartoon)
    Norman Osbourne (just one pic of thr most obvious checking out of Sue. Cant be unseen)

So her multiverse self gets around

No, Sue never went on any dates when Reed and Doom went *boom* in FF#381. Everyone assumed Reed was dead except her.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The Spider-Man issue where Peter and Sue date (I think it was Untold Tales of Spidey) was done to troll Reed and set up a Namor fight.
    "Cable was right!"