Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You haven't read much of Susan Storm if you think that is the only time she shows gumption and attitude.
    Ok, ok..she got on Doom's ass during unthinkable...she was FEARLESS when Apocalypse went after Franklin and she gets on Reed's case but she's always playing the mother den and trying to see the best in people. That's what Jean Grey does...lol. Let's change it up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Most of her fans don't want her to cheat at all. Even people who aren't fans of the Fantastic Four would be pissed if they did something like that to Reed and Sue.

It's well past time that stories proposed for Sue stop centering around men. She is and should be more than that. It's pretty gross.
    It's not about breaking them up..its been the same stuff since 1961 except Sue is more powerful, Reed is smarter, and they have two kids. That's not enough progression. It's just unrealistic that she wouldbt float to someone else if ignored enough. Not even a kiss to another man? That's wild.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Ok, ok..she got on Doom's ass during unthinkable...she was FEARLESS when Apocalypse went after Franklin and she gets on Reed's case but she's always playing the mother den and trying to see the best in people. That's what Jean Grey does...lol. Let's change it up.
    Those are pretty old stories. She has done a ton of things since that aren't about her kids at all.

It's not about breaking them up..its been the same stuff since 1961 except Sue is more powerful, Reed is smarter, and they have two kids. That's not enough progression. It's just unrealistic that she wouldbt float to someone else if ignored enough. Not even a kiss to another man? That's wild.
    You do know the attentive thing hasn't been a plot point in years? That Reed has grown from that.

If you can't think of interesting stories for married couples other than infidelity then that just shows a lack of imagination. A writer like that should never be on the Fantastic Four book.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Those are pretty old stories. She has done a ton of things since that aren't about her kids at all.

You do know the attentive thing hasn't been a plot point in years? That Reed has grown from that.

If you can't think of interesting stories for married couples other than infidelity then that just shows a lack of imagination. A writer like that should never be on the Fantastic Four book.
    They go back 15 yrs but they are like the last pact defiant Sue moments unless Civil War counts.

As for infidelity? I just think it's a little bit too phony that no one has swayed.

They go back 15 yrs but they are like the last pact defiant Sue moments unless Civil War counts.

As for infidelity? I just think it's a little bit too phony that no one has swayed.
    What? No they aren't.

Hickman's run: Sue becomes the leader of Old Atlantis and practically tells Namor to f*ck off. Then later stands up to a freaking Celestial.
    Waid's SHIELD series: Reveals that Sue has secretly been a spy for years
    Time Runs Out: She becomes a double agent spying on SHIELD for the Illuminati.
    Invisible Woman mini: Sue is on a mission by herself to rescue her ex-partner.

There are others I'm sure I'm forgetting, but saying Sue has shown no "gumption" is ridiculous, especially when the apparent remedy of this to have her cheat on Reed.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    In the Marvel Advantures comics Cap secretly had a thing for Sue while she was an Avenger it was very sweet and had some awkward moments but he never told her
    I wanna read this, it sounds so endearing!

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I wanna read this, it sounds so endearing!
    Especially in a Marvel Adventures context, a Sue and Steve relationship (if there was no Reed of course) would be almost unbearably wholesome. I can imagine them having hot cocoa and warm apple pie for dinner while wearing ugly christmas sweaters every night of the year.

There's nothing absurd about Sue and Reed staying faithful despite their marriage's problems. Some people just have better self-control than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    There's nothing absurd about Sue and Reed staying faithful despite their marriage's problems. Some people just have better self-control than others.
    If Sue isn't giving up on their marriage after what Reed did in Civil War, then it ain't gonna happen. So yeah... this is all just hypothetical.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Why do people want Reed to get cuckolded so much?
    Jealousy's a b*tch.
    "Cable was right!"

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Sue and Steve - Boring. There is no spark or chemistry.

Sue and T'Challa - Same as Steve
    I don't think I can agree with that. T'Challa brings much more interesting to the table than Reed. But frankly, I think he's too good for her.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna
    Why do people want Reed to get cuckolded so much?
    Speaking only for myself, it's because Reed tends to be a jerk and has mistreated her far too much for my likes. But I'd really rather she divorce him, not cheat.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    I don't think I can agree with that. T'Challa brings much more interesting to the table than Reed. But frankly, I think he's too good for her.

Speaking only for myself, it's because Reed tends to be a jerk and has mistreated her far too much for my likes. But I'd really rather she divorce him, not cheat.
    I certainly don't agree that T'Challa or anyone else for that matter is too good for Sue. She's a catch for anyone.

BUt ultimately I think it's weird seeing Sue be with anyone else other than Reed... except for Namor I guess, since they have sort of teased that forbidden fruit for decades. Sue being with Steve or T'Challa or pretty much anyone else would just look and feel awkward.

BANNED

What? No they aren't.

Hickman's run: Sue becomes the leader of Old Atlantis and practically tells Namor to f*ck off. Then later stands up to a freaking Celestial.
    Waid's SHIELD series: Reveals that Sue has secretly been a spy for years
    Time Runs Out: She becomes a double agent spying on SHIELD for the Illuminati.
    Invisible Woman mini: Sue is on a mission by herself to rescue her ex-partner.

There are others I'm sure I'm forgetting, but saying Sue has shown no "gumption" is ridiculous, especially when the apparent remedy of this to have her cheat on Reed.
    Let's be honest..with the Waid thing, that's a retcon. It took that to flip Sue upside down? Lol

Let's be honest..with the Waid thing, that's a retcon. It took that to flip Sue upside down? Lol
    You have shown a lack of knowledge of the character and I'm frankly done with this conversation. I could provide example after example disproving your point, but I'm not waiting my time doing that for you. Research for yourself, read more current books with Sue in them and you'll see that Sue has shown a lot of drive and willpower very often.

Saying that she does not, and that a cheating story of all things would be the only way to show that is ridiculous on various levels.
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-18-2019 at 10:34 AM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i remember you posting it. i just don't agree with your interpretation. god-Doom did monstrous things to this Sue's family. so then you have to ask why she stayed with him/gave him children.
    That's not just my interpretation. It's Hickman's definition of the characters.

She is his wife. I don't want there to be any confusion, and we'll get into it a little bit more, but the Susan and Johnny that we talk about in this issue are not the Marvel Universe Susan and Johnny that died in issue #1. Those people are dead and gone. This is a different Sue from a different Earth, and I'll leave it at that for now.
    And what monstrous things did Doom do to her family? Well, we know that Johnny was the sun and Ben became the wall. But we never found out if they volunteered for this or not. Ben may have because Thanos had to talk him out of it. The world needed a sun so Johnny simply could be filling that role. Sue didn't show any anger, etc about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    same with the Swans. it's because they were in his cult. in the case of the swans, he took children and conditioned them to see him as a god. he took advantage of that image to have them do his bidding. if you think it's unrealistic that he would sleep with them, i point you to doom's power fantasy to chain practically naked emma frost and loki. he's powerful. but he's still just a dude with a need to dominate women. and the situation with Sue would most certainly get him sent to HR in any corporate setting. a god has a lot more leverage than a supervisor.

If men got arrested for having fantasies there wouldn't be enough prisons in the world to hold them. And that's all that page shows.

Since it's not in the story your assumption about the Black Swans holds no weight. The Swans were not allowed to see Rabum Alal. Other that Yabbat, we really saw very little of the others, just enough that they were out there helping to kill the other Molecule Man versions placed out there by the Beyonders
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-18-2019 at 03:38 PM.