DC has the Injustice series, which does really well (but isn't my cup of tea for reasons besides being DC) and it makes me think Marvel should have an answer to a game like that. The closest there is to that is Marvel vs. Capcom, but I really want to see a game focused entirely on the Marvel side.

For that reason, I've made this detailing what I'd love to see out of a Marvel fighting game. Plus, I was bored.

Enjoy!

To begin, I've played Dragon Ball FighterZ and I'm honestly blown away by the sheer amount of polish, detail, visual style, and of course, the mechanics. It's basically everything Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite should have been. I honestly think Marvel should hire Arc System Works to make a fighting game for them, it's the best bet. Ideally, Marvel should be hands-off with this game to ensure the best product, because after Spider-Man PS4 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 being successful for it, I hope they got the idea.

Here's how I imagine it:

Details:
  • All Marvel characters.
  • 3v3 battles, fluid and fast-paced gameplay with tagging, assists, and special moves related to their abilities.
  • Detailed, cel-shaded graphics that looks like a comic book come to life.
  • Robust online system, with things like fighter names, title cards, portraits, and of course ranked and casual matches.
  • Overall, a good amount of content like single player, collectibles, and modes to keep you busy both online and off.

Modes:
  • Story: A single-player mode telling the story of the game.
  • Arcade: Fight 10 rounds of CPU opponents.
  • Versus Mode: Fight a single match against a player-controlled or CPU team.
  • Challenge: Take part in various challenges by fighting with different rules or conditions than normal.
  • Training: Practice with your character and team to become the best you can be.
  • Gallery: View bios, concept art, endings and more.
  • Shop: Buy various items at the shop, such as costumes, gallery pieces, and other goodies.

• Ranked: Play matches against people from all over to improve your standing in the leaderboard.
  • Casual: Play matches that don't affect your rank.
  • Tournament: Play up to 16 players in an elimination bracket.
  • Theater: View replays of past matches.

Story
The story mode is a loose adaptation of Hickman's Avengers run, that also brings in other characters such as the X-Men, various individuals, and villains, as they battle for the fate of the universe. The villains shuffle each time, but Doctor Doom is the ultimate final boss.

Roster

I chose the roster based on a variety of factors: Star-power, interesting movesets, relevancy in the lore, or deep cuts with potential. I feel like balance is the key, because otherwise you end up with an MCU roster like MvCI, which was painfully boring. I have a reason for why I picked each character for my ideal game, if you have any questions, let me know.

Anyways, would you play a game like this? Do you want a game like this?

Discuss.