Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Spider-Man and the X-Men. The comic book series.

Incredibly underrated and forgotten book. But one that has everything I like. It has worldbuilding, two sides of the MU (Spider-Man and X-Men) interacting in meaningful and interesting ways and a fun, light-heart tone that made everything all the more enjoyable. Sadly the Match-Up fell into obscurity because he was teaching nobodies rather than any fan favorite. But still, I really loved it. From the mere concept of Spider-Man teaching kids (mutant kids at that) to them looking up to Spider-Man and fighting alongside him.

Honestly Spider-Man as a professor of the Xavier (Or Jean Grey's) School for mutants sounds like a rather cozy endgame for him after he retires.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    Spider-Man and the X-Men. The comic book series.

Incredibly underrated and forgotten book. But one that has everything I like. It has worldbuilding, two sides of the MU (Spider-Man and X-Men) interacting in meaningful and interesting ways and a fun, light-heart tone that made everything all the more enjoyable. Sadly the Match-Up fell into obscurity because he was teaching nobodies rather than any fan favorite. But still, I really loved it. From the mere concept of Spider-Man teaching kids (mutant kids at that) to them looking up to Spider-Man and fighting alongside him.

Honestly Spider-Man as a professor of the Xavier (Or Jean Grey's) School for mutants sounds like a rather cozy endgame for him after he retires.
    I would agree, and if you want more Spider-Man and X-Men goodness, there's also a four-part retrospective miniseries X-Men/Spider-Man by Christos Gage that looks on the relationship between Spider-Man and the X-Men over the then-four decades of publishing they'd shared. First issue was set in the 70s with the original five, second issue was set in the 80s after the Mutant Massacre and while Spider-Man was rocking the black suit, third issue was set in the 90s with Ben Reilly as Spider-Man and taking on Mister Sinister and Carnage with the X-Men, and the fourth issue was set in the 2000s with the X-Men and Peter Parker teaming up against Mister Sinister and a hybrid clone he'd created of Kraven the Hunter, the original 5 X-Men, and the Carnage symbiote.
    The spider is always on the hunt.