View Poll Results: What type of involvement should Maximoff's have with the X-verse?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • They're humans

37 26.62%
  • They are mutants. But stay far away from X-men/mutant agenda

37 26.62%
  • More involvement with mutant/X-men

55 39.57%
  • Wanda/pietro are mutants. But not her children

10 7.19%
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

I still say Wanda can be a witch and Magneto’s daughter, and Pietro can be the one who inherited his x gene from Mags. Same with Billy and Tommy. Just say Natalya is Magda, who had magical potential that she passed to Wanda, who was born with even greater potential. Or Chthon lured her to Wundagore because one of his followers prophesied her daughter would be the perfect vessel for him. How does she appear on the Witch’s Road? Magda was astral projecting from an enchanted slumber or an alternate plane. This way Wanda can keep her magic origins and focus, and still allow Pietro to keep his mutant heritage and ties to the X-Men.
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 09-17-2019 at 10:39 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But it needs to be addressed or retconned for that to happen. With Excalibur and mutant magic this would be the perfect time for Wanda to be around and her solo title where she travelled down witch's road imo was a great story. But in the world of mutants she needs to be put on trial and it could be a great story the modern version of Magneto's trial and could show us Karoka's legal system.
    How will they get Chthon to attend and answer questions under oath at the trial?
    Doom would also have to attend.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I like them as mutants and Magnetoīs children I think some good interaction, dynamic and character growth has come from this relationship for all characters involved but I also agree that they donīt need to be X-men just because they are mutants, them being Avengers and having a different perspective than the one the X-men have is interesting, especially now when it seems every mutant is a X-man but marvel should not force interaction between Wanda and Pietro and the X-men imo if it makes sense for them to be in a story and interacting with the X-men then thatīs fine but if that isnīt the case thatīs good too.

I loved Billy and Tommy short interaction with Magneto in childrenīs crusade, would not mind to see a little more of it even if they arenīt Magnetoīs grandchildren and I have been hoping to see them meet Luna.

I think marvel is on the road to undo the retcon anyway maybe because the MCU and Fox fight over the characterīs rights is over but I donīt know HOW marvel is going to do it and I think that what ever marvel does will not make everybody happy but that story has the potential to let all the characters leave behind the retcon and go on to do different things.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-17-2019 at 10:10 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Fantastic Member

Wanda's mystical stories emphasise her skill and talent with magic. Her mystical narrative has an arc.

Wanda's mutant stories portray her as clumsy and inept and unable to control powers she has not earned. Her mutant narrative has no arc and goes nowhere. It also reduces her to being a bland generic character.

I don't see how Wanda can credibly interact with the mutant community, and of course Magneto would not want to be seen with Wanda anyhow because his position as a leader of mutants matters more to him than his non-functional relationship with Wanda. Being a patriarch, he sees Pietro as his heir so I suspect he has always cared alot more about Pietro.

I think Kurt and Lorna (I actually think them not being siblings makes for a more interesting arc) are the two characters who I could see still interacting with Wanda.

I feel, given how most of Marvel's writers don't have any interest in Wanda, that any story they may be planning involving Magneto will end up being about Magneto and his manpain, with Wanda playing the role of plot device especially if it's written by a male writer.

Most of Marvel's writers will write her as "Magneto's Sad Crazy Daughter" because they don't care or know about her individual lore.
    Last edited by Relugus; 09-17-2019 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    Wanda's mystical stories emphasise her skill and talent with magic. Her mystical narrative has an arc.

Wanda's mutant stories portray her as clumsy and inept and unable to control powers she has not earned. Her mutant narrative has no arc and goes nowhere. It also reduces her to being a bland generic character.
    Wanda didnīt really have an arc as a mutant, except that one time she compared the prejuice she and Vision endured when they wanted to live as a married couple with mutant perjuice I donīt know where you get that sheīs seen as clumsy, inept or unable to control her powers because sheīs a mutant, that characterization comes mostly from a silver age trope and she shares it with Susan and Jean Grey, sometimes, when writers feel nostalgic, it doesnīt have anything to do with being a mutant.

I don't see how Wanda can credibly interact with the mutant community, and of course Magneto would not want to be seen with Wanda anyhow because his position as a leader of mutants matters more to him than his non-functional relationship with Wanda. Being a patriarch, he sees Pietro as his heir so I suspect he has always cared alot more about Pietro.
    Well he went out of his way to protect her from Wolvie, Cyclops and the X-men during the Childrenīs Crusade crossover, itīs in character for him to care about both mutants and family because those are defining characteristics of his personality. I also think writers have periods when they think Magneto cares more about Wanda, Pietro or Lorna but this is really depending on the writer, at the end of the day they are all his children and he has a different relationship with each one.

I think Kurt and Lorna (I actually think them not being siblings makes for a more interesting arc) are the two characters who I could see still interacting with Wanda.
    I agree

I feel, given how most of Marvel's writers don't have any interest in Wanda, that any story involving Magneto will end up being about Magneto and his manpain, with Wanda playing the role of plot device especially if it's written by a male writer.
    I donīt think so before HoM Marvel writers mostly did different versions of "heroic daughter hates/fears evil father imo but after HoM and decimation I can see where that pov comes from for fans of Wanda.

Most of Marvel's writers will write her as "Magneto's Sad Crazy Daughter" because they don't care or know about her individual lore.
    I think Bendis was the only one who focused on that characterization, other writers actually just added a litte more nuanced view of what happened like in Chidrenīs Crusade, Uncanny Avengers or Wandaīs solo series.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-17-2019 at 10:28 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Extraordinary Member

They can keep it as a tag for Wanda, just don't plan to do anything actually significant about it thanks.
    If she is going to interact with an X-character, do it on neutral territory, like with Magik on a Dr.Strange book.
    Pietro can have some fun in X-franchise or wherever he wants. And interact with his sis in none-X-franchise.

Fantastic Member victor borkowski's Avatar

been thinking about how to fix the retcon for awhile and still tie everything together, they are magnetos children, but when Magda dies and the babies are offered to Robert Frank/ Whizzer. when he runs away they then are taken and put in statis by the high evolutionary. to be woken up decades later and then given to the Djangos. this would allow both versions to occur.

It’s charming how many of you will do backflips through flaming hoops to preserve a family bond, but what Wanda DESPERATELY needs are good stories that showcase her personality, weaknesses, drives and goals. I know she had a series somewhat recently, but all I recall from its run were the sharp cover designs and couture Wada costume.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    It’s charming how many of you will do backflips through flaming hoops to preserve a family bond, but what Wanda DESPERATELY needs are good stories that showcase her personality, weaknesses, drives and goals. I know she had a series somewhat recently, but all I recall from its run were the sharp cover designs and couture Wada costume.
    I agree my point is that her having a family is not an obstacle for her and it could even help her achieve this if handled right, in fact this was one of the reasons why I think her solo series didnīt seem to leave a bigger impression on readers even if it introduced interesting concepts about her, her past and her world, is hard to relate to a character that has been cut off from most of the more important relationships they had in their story, so seeking to make her stronger doing this her series isolated her from other characters that could have help her to develop her own journey.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-17-2019 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I agree my point is that her having a family is not an obstacle for her and it could even help her achieve this if handled right, in fact this was one of the reasons why I think her solo series didnīt seem to leave a bigger impression on readers even if it introduced interesting concepts about her, her past and her world, is hard to relate to a character that has been cut off from most of the more important relationships they had in their story, so seeking to make her stronger doing this her series isolated her from other characters that could have help her to develop her own journey.
    That’s fair. The Vision book had no other Avengers and it was ENTIRELY about family.

I have my own ideas about a Wanda book, but I don’t want to derail further.

Back to the revolving door of vicarious daddy issues.

The solo series was mostly one-n-dones exploring the MU kinda not really and its best issue is the CW tie-in with Pietro. She does need to get out more. I'm worried about her. Talk to your friends, Wanda.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by victor borkowski View Post
    been thinking about how to fix the retcon for awhile and still tie everything together, they are magnetos children, but when Magda dies and the babies are offered to Robert Frank/ Whizzer. when he runs away they then are taken and put in statis by the high evolutionary. to be woken up decades later and then given to the Djangos. this would allow both versions to occur.
    This is basically the explanation of Nights of Wundagore, the problem is fitting Natalya into it now.

The best way to fix it is to have Wanda be a mutant-mystic hybrid, with mutant Magneto as a father and witch Natalya Maximoff as a mother.

I honestly think Marvel has gotten all they can out of the Maximoffs being Magneto's children and in the long run none of the characters really benefited from it. Lorna makes more sense as Erik's child anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    The best way to fix it is to have Wanda be a mutant-mystic hybrid, with mutant Magneto as a father and witch Natalya Maximoff as a mother.
    Then you have Mags having killed Natalya. Since it was revealed that the twins' father killed their mother. That's a pretty terrible thing. I think they were likely aiming for Chthon really being their father or someone fully villainous. Mags tows the line of good too often for that.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.