View Poll Results: What type of involvement should Maximoff's have with the X-verse?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • They're humans

37 26.62%
  • They are mutants. But stay far away from X-men/mutant agenda

37 26.62%
  • More involvement with mutant/X-men

55 39.57%
  • Wanda/pietro are mutants. But not her children

10 7.19%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

In Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, when the Sentinels attack the X-Mansion and identify the X-Men as mutants, they also ID Scarlet Witch as one as well.

A nice throwback. Make her a mutant, it never hampered her non-mutant stories before. Why should it now?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    They should be Magneto's kids and involve from time to time on the mutant issues.
    But not all the time.
    Yeah, particularly Pietro, who's as much of an X and an A, IMO. Wanda can stay mostly an A, and be only peripherally involved in X matters.

As for Wanda visiting Krakoa, or any mutant community, it intrigues me that *before* the Decimation, there were tons of mutants lining up for potential cures, living in sewers, *hating* their mutant bodies (because not all of them got to be hawt supermodels with cool powers that live in a mansion. and the Decimation seems to have magically skipped most of the rich pretty popular kids anyway...), and bang, Decimation happens, and *EVERY SINGLE MUTANT* suddenly hates Wanda for depowering them (when they find out, anyway, it was pretty hush for awhile). Very weird writing choice, to suddenly ignore all the former mutants who might *praise* Wanda for saving them from looking like Glob Herman, or dissolving into mucus when startled, or sweating poison and never being able to touch anyone else, or just having hundreds of tiny tentacles and smelling like rotting cabbage. (And, similarly, those same ex-mutants might have been *horrified* to be 'cured' and 're-empowered' later on, since it was restoring the curse that had destroyed their lives and they had finally escaped...) Just such a weird one-sided story, badly conceived and badly executed, IMO, and I'm not fond of using it as justification for how any character is treated going forward, since it's giving it more legs or consequence than it deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    that arc is so bad that i just read it again like this month and i still have no idea what you're talking about
    In the last 2 pages of the issue Vision monologues that he saw High Evolutionary’s files including the truth about the twins with him claiming that it would crush Wanda if she knew.

BANNED

Wanda and Pietro will always be mutants and Magneto's to me.

Pietro can come and go as he pleases. Wanda the pretender - great character in other books, complicated, but if she knows what's good for her should keep out of the X-Men's sightline.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They are mutants. Quicksilver should be an X-man nad Wanda should be dead
    Well, X-Men is its own isolated circle so as long as Wanda is not involved, they can act like she is functionally dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    How did the Lorna retcon go anyway?
    If you mean when she was retconned into not being Magneto's daughter decades ago, it went badly.

If you mean when the retcon got undone, it's still going. A consequence of Marvel not giving Lorna the fair use and good treatment she needs is not properly establishing dynamics between Lorna and Magneto. The process requires learning what works and what doesn't. You can't establish how Lorna and Magneto work together if Lorna never gets to do anything. Especially if in the rare times she does appear, it's because Marvel thinks some guy needs a woman to make him look good.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Fantastic Member

Dumbest and most petty retcon.

Quicksilver should have been an X-Man by now. He was great post Onslaught and even better in AoA.

While Scarlet Witch being an ambassador of sorts and trying to make amends would be good. At least spend some time for a bit. Neither has to be permanent X-related but should be involved in some way. Plus not being related to Magneto is just dumb. Just redoing years of work.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    While Scarlet Witch being an ambassador of sorts
    Not sure there's a worse choice for that job! But amends would be nice, as opposed to showing up from time to time acting surprised when people are still pissed.

Extraordinary Member

One of the few times Wanda has been allowed to appear in an X-book since the retcon hit was a cameo in Chris Yost's "Amazing X-Men" where Nightcrawler brings her over to the school to coach Pixie in spellcasting.

I thought he handled it surprisingly well for such a small appearance. Northstar criticizes Kurt for bringing Wanda to the school (Kurt: "She only wanted to help." Jean-Paul: "She has helped us quite enough, don't you think?") Pixie is clearly weirded out by working with someone she was told was mutantkind's greatest enemy but just rolls with it, since X-characters get used to accepting things that don't make sense. And as you might expect from someone who studied magic formally for about three issues, Wanda is kind of a crap magic teacher, but she was probably the best Kurt could get for free.

I'd love to see more appearances like that, but Wanda has been very limited in her appearances in the last few years and barely interacts with any Marvel universe characters at all any more. Maybe this will change once she becomes more high-profile in the MCU, and maybe not, but anything's better than what Remender had her doing in "Uncanny Avengers."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Wanda and Pietro will always be mutants and Magneto's to me.

Pietro can come and go as he pleases. Wanda the pretender - great character in other books, complicated, but if she knows what's good for her should keep out of the X-Men's sightline.
    Jean Grey will never hate Wanda. During the whole Decimation situation..she was dead. They made sure Jean was dead when Cyclops and Wanda did all their risque stuff. Lol.

I hated the retcon. For me Pietro and Wanda will always be Magneto's children.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Create a new son or make an establish character Magnetos' son and move on imo. Polaris and say...Pulse are Magneto, Son and Daughter. Leave Quicksilver and Wanda alone. It should have never been changed but they have gone back and forth so much it is time to let it go. Historically you can't replace them of course but the family dynamic can be replaced with Polaris and someone else.

Let's do 5 stories in one year about Lorna and Archibald with Magneto and then they'll have the same amount of stories as Wanda and Pietro with Magneto and then they'll be even and we can move on.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

They're still Maggys children as far as i'm concerned, nothing is changing that. As far as Wandas tykes go i'm not sure. Tommy is a mutant to me but Billy is like a little demigod. I don't really care if either generation interacts with the X-Men.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member

I feel bad for Quicksilver, he was a good leader of the XMen in Age of Apocalypse, and the relationship with Magneto was very important to him. Wanda can go to hell.