View Poll Results: What type of involvement should Maximoff's have with the X-verse?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • They're humans

    30 24.19%
  • They are mutants. But stay far away from X-men/mutant agenda

    34 27.42%
  • More involvement with mutant/X-men

    51 41.13%
  • Wanda/pietro are mutants. But not her children

    9 7.26%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 138
  1. #121
    BAMF!!!!! KurtW95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,145

    Default

    Pietro and Wanda should be mutants and Magneto’s kids. When it comes to the Young Avengers characters, it never made sense to me that they were Wanda’s reincarnated kids. Rather it seemed to me that the most plausible story is that Wiccan is an extremely powerful reality warping mutant and an Avengers superfan who unconsciously created his own cosmic prince and distributed powers to Speed because he always wanted a brother. Vision should never have had an android family either. That story was just completely unnecessary.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

  2. #122
    Super Moderator Tenebrae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    1,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Vision should never have had an android family either. That story was just completely unnecessary.
    Then we wouldn't have had one of the greatest books/stories ever.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

    CBR community Standards and Rules

  3. #123
    Precious Spice Saffron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    202

    Default

    I liked what the family connection did for Magneto's character early into the retcon but they never did anything interesting with it afterwards, so I couldn't care less what happens to that. The twins not being mutants craps on decades of stories though. Like, it now makes no sense that they were in the Brotherhood of Evil MUTANTS. And all the times Pietro, and to a lesser extent, Wanda, felt prejudice for their mutancy is now meaningless.

    As for Wanda's kids, them being humans or mutants isn't a big deal. But I do think Tommy suffers a bit by not being relate to Mags. IIRC he enjoined being related to an infamous villain, which added some much needed dimensions to the character. That said, I doubt anybody would have ever gone anywhere with that, if they even remembered it (or remembered this character exists), so whatever.

  4. #124
    Spectacular Member starduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Pietro and Wanda should be mutants and Magneto’s kids. When it comes to the Young Avengers characters, it never made sense to me that they were Wanda’s reincarnated kids. Rather it seemed to me that the most plausible story is that Wiccan is an extremely powerful reality warping mutant and an Avengers superfan who unconsciously created his own cosmic prince and distributed powers to Speed because he always wanted a brother. Vision should never have had an android family either. That story was just completely unnecessary.
    Aren't Wiccan's reality warping powers just active when he's the demiurge and normally he's just a Zatanna style wizard

  5. #125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    Then we wouldn't have had one of the greatest books/stories ever.
    I agree with this. It was a good book. And it's not out of character for Vision. He always wanted a family badly. First one didn't work out. The one in UA just were written out. He's still trying. There's something sad and sympathetic about it.
    Was Curlytop

  6. #126
    BAMF!!!!! KurtW95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I agree with this. It was a good book. And it's not out of character for Vision. He always wanted a family badly. First one didn't work out. The one in UA just were written out. He's still trying. There's something sad and sympathetic about it.
    It was a Tom King book. Of course it’s a sad and depressing plot.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

  7. #127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    It was a Tom King book. Of course it’s a sad and depressing plot.
    Yeah but sad and depressing also fits Vision. He has a vast history of having depression.
    Was Curlytop

  8. #128
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I agree with this. It was a good book. And it's not out of character for Vision. He always wanted a family badly. First one didn't work out. The one in UA just were written out. He's still trying. There's something sad and sympathetic about it.
    Vision should hang out with Death's Head and Machine Man. DH would teach Vision independence.

  9. #129
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saffron View Post
    I liked what the family connection did for Magneto's character early into the retcon but they never did anything interesting with it afterwards, so I couldn't care less what happens to that. The twins not being mutants craps on decades of stories though. Like, it now makes no sense that they were in the Brotherhood of Evil MUTANTS. And all the times Pietro, and to a lesser extent, Wanda, felt prejudice for their mutancy is now meaningless.

    As for Wanda's kids, them being humans or mutants isn't a big deal. But I do think Tommy suffers a bit by not being relate to Mags. IIRC he enjoined being related to an infamous villain, which added some much needed dimensions to the character. That said, I doubt anybody would have ever gone anywhere with that, if they even remembered it (or remembered this character exists), so whatever.
    The High Evolutionary gave the Maximoffs mutant DNA signatures, which fooled the mutant detectors and the Sentinels into believing they were mutants. They believed they were mutants because Magneto told them they were. They were part of the Brotherhood because Magneto was fooled into believing they were mutant. They experienced prejudice because the world was fooled into believing they were mutants.

    Quicksilver lost his powers on M-Day because the M-Day spell affected anyone with a mutant DNA signature. He gave himself new powers by using terrigen mist, and wasn't poisoned by it because he is not a mutant.
    Last edited by Witchfan; 09-20-2019 at 09:41 AM.

  10. #130
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,191

    Default

    If they have a mutant DNA signature and are considered mutants by every test for mutant-ness and every spell that affects mutants, I think they're mutants. That's why the idea of them not being mutants doesn't make any sense unless there's an incredibly reductive definition of "mutant."

    That would actually be an interesting thing to explore in the comics, i.e. do you really have to be born with the X-gene to be a mutant if you're a mutant in every other possible way that counts. But Wanda and Pietro are no longer allowed in the X-books at all (even though no one else is using them for the rest of the year), so it's a moot point.

  11. #131
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    If they have a mutant DNA signature and are considered mutants by every test for mutant-ness and every spell that affects mutants, I think they're mutants. That's why the idea of them not being mutants doesn't make any sense unless there's an incredibly reductive definition of "mutant."

    That would actually be an interesting thing to explore in the comics, i.e. do you really have to be born with the X-gene to be a mutant if you're a mutant in every other possible way that counts. But Wanda and Pietro are no longer allowed in the X-books at all (even though no one else is using them for the rest of the year), so it's a moot point.
    They are altered humans with mutant DNA signatures. They were not born as mutants.

  12. #132
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    7,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    If they have a mutant DNA signature and are considered mutants by every test for mutant-ness and every spell that affects mutants, I think they're mutants. That's why the idea of them not being mutants doesn't make any sense unless there's an incredibly reductive definition of "mutant."

    That would actually be an interesting thing to explore in the comics, i.e. do you really have to be born with the X-gene to be a mutant if you're a mutant in every other possible way that counts. But Wanda and Pietro are no longer allowed in the X-books at all (even though no one else is using them for the rest of the year), so it's a moot point.
    the u-men would like to know your location

  13. #133
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    The High Evolutionary gave the Maximoffs mutant DNA signatures, which fooled the mutant detectors and the Sentinels into believing they were mutants. They believed they were mutants because Magneto told them they were. They were part of the Brotherhood because Magneto was fooled into believing they were mutant. They experienced prejudice because the world was fooled into believing they were mutants.

    Quicksilver lost his powers on M-Day because the M-Day spell affected anyone with a mutant DNA signature. He gave himself new powers by using terrigen mist, and wasn't poisoned by it because he is not a mutant.
    "Pietro lost his powers from M-Day cuz he's a mutant but the T-Mist didn't make him sick cuz he's not a mutant."

    download.jpg
    "Cable was right!"

  14. #134

    Default

    so he was a mutant inhuman test tube mix. M Day took his mutant powers. terrigenesis gave him inhuman powers. Pietro's the missing link.

  15. #135
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    the u-men would like to know your location
    Similar, but (again according to the retcon) Wanda and Pietro didn't choose to become/resemble mutants, they lived lives exactly like any other mutant, with their powers emerging as they got older, etc.

    If Marvel would let them appear in the X-books then that would be a pretty funny argument for the characters to have, whether they should ban Wanda from their clubhouse because she's a Pretender (since they can't really claim to be banning people for their past crimes).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •