View Poll Results: What type of involvement should Maximoff's have with the X-verse?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • They're humans

37 26.62%
  • They are mutants. But stay far away from X-men/mutant agenda

37 26.62%
  • More involvement with mutant/X-men

55 39.57%
  • Wanda/pietro are mutants. But not her children

10 7.19%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    This is similar to DC fans refusing to budge on Billy Batson being Shazam now instead of Captain Marvel. Just like editorial there made their decision, Marvel kinda made theirs now. They're humans now—I guess. :/
    A name change was forced on them, when they lost the legal battle over the name with Marvel... Shazam is still a stupid name given it's the word he uses to transform.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Extraordinary Member

I voted mutants, but not Magneto's children. Not being Magneto's children is on the whole good for them (I'm still bitter that the twins were not allowed to be in "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" because they were already playing the parts of Magneto's royal family in "Wolverine & the X-Men") and they don't need any more retcons of their parentage.

On the other hand if they're not mutants then it changes a lot of history, including the fact that the Avengers was the first Marvel Universe team to have open mutants with no secret identities.

I think a writer could actually do a good story, if they wanted to, examining how Wanda and Pietro are mutants in every way that counts so it doesn't really matter if they were born with the X-gene or not.

Of course the twins have not been in anything for the entire second half of 2019 so this is all kind of academic, and makes me believe the rumor that they're being saved for another Magneto family story in 2020.

Shazam is cleaner and better branding.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I feel sorry for the fans/readers who lived through the Whizzer kids retcon, the Magneto children one and the AXIS one.
    is this a boomer joke
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Why no one's talking about Wanda's children?

Lol, my feelings are written elsewhere, but I'll summarize: The Magnus family only worked in House of M, otherwise it's been trash for decades. Kill the mutation. Make them magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    A name change was forced on them, when they lost the legal battle over the name with Marvel... Shazam is still a stupid name given it's the word he uses to transform.
    Even before the name change, most people thought his name was Shazam anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Wanda's three children. Billy, Tommy, and Pietro. And her loving dad Cthon! No mutant relatives needed.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member

Oh, sorry, I thought that "her" was a misprint for "his" (Magneto's).

Marvel has never actually confirmed that Wiccan and Speed are or are not mutants, so that may be the cause of the confusion.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Billy and Speedy are reincarnated mutates.
    Viv's a red XJ-9.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I voted mutants, but not Magneto's children. Not being Magneto's children is on the whole good for them (I'm still bitter that the twins were not allowed to be in "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" because they were already playing the parts of Magneto's royal family in "Wolverine & the X-Men") and they don't need any more retcons of their parentage.

On the other hand if they're not mutants then it changes a lot of history, including the fact that the Avengers was the first Marvel Universe team to have open mutants with no secret identities.

I think a writer could actually do a good story, if they wanted to, examining how Wanda and Pietro are mutants in every way that counts so it doesn't really matter if they were born with the X-gene or not.

Of course the twins have not been in anything for the entire second half of 2019 so this is all kind of academic, and makes me believe the rumor that they're being saved for another Magneto family story in 2020.
    Beast and Wolverine were also Avengers and neither exactly has a secret identity.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I feel like there's nothing new to say about Magneto, Wanda and Pietro.

Let the retcon stay, keep Wanda and Pietro over on the Avengers side, and focus on Magneto and Lorna if you want a family drama story.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I feel like there's nothing new to say about Magneto, Wanda and Pietro.

Let the retcon stay, keep Wanda and Pietro over on the Avengers side, and focus on Magneto and Lorna if you want a family drama story.
    Agreed. Plus in the MCU films, which reach a lot more folks than the comics, they are not mutants. Leave the retcon as is.

I didn't even know that DC renamed Captain Marvel to Shazam, but if they did, it's pretty obvious that the main reason was to not fight over (or cause confusion among consumers) about which Captain Marvel.

The forced retcon on the twins doesn't have that issue. There's no objective reason to keep them out.

The primary potential of Wanda and Pietro as Magneto's kids as I see it isn't interaction with Magneto, but with Lorna. There's tons of untapped potential among them as siblings. Especially with Lorna and Wanda, given Lorna and Pietro at least got to spend time together on X-Factor in the 616 before the retcon.

Edit: Poll is skewed. There's no "they're mutants and should be more involved" option. The closest option simply says they should be more involved but doesn't say as mutants, potentially leaving default as "humans but more involvement."
    Last edited by salarta; 09-17-2019 at 08:14 AM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I find it hard to believe there haven't been mutants who've tried to assassinate Wanda for the pain she's caused the mutant community.
    Please Remain Calm

Wolverine wanted to, or threatened to at one point. I think in Children’s Crusade.