View Poll Results: What type of involvement should Maximoff's have with the X-verse?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • They're humans

37 26.62%
  • They are mutants. But stay far away from X-men/mutant agenda

37 26.62%
  • More involvement with mutant/X-men

55 39.57%
  • Wanda/pietro are mutants. But not her children

10 7.19%
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

People, Wanda could have made Magneto no her parent just by unconsciously wishing it to be true, especially because her mind and morals were altered, it happened during the axist event in which the villains became good and the heroes became evil.

or the Magneto we have isnt her father, because the Magneto that was her father died in Genosha, and this Magneto is a creation of her from her crazy pre-mday days, because she couldnt tolerate the loss. so, in a way, it's true, she isnt his daughter, she is his creator.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Make them mutants and the children of Magneto

Well History of the Marvel Universe # 3 isn't helping to clear things up. It states Max Einsenhardt spoilers:
    recruited a group of mutants himself in opposition to charles and it lists Quicksilver and the Sacrlet Witch and also shows a picture.
    end of spoilers so now it could literally go either way but seems more likely.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Honestly, I've always thought of Wanda and Pietro as the token mutants of the greater MU. It seemed that they didn't really care that much about the ongoing mutant struggle and every time when they confront an X-Man (Wanda's exchange with Rogue in Uncanny Avengers comes to mind), they come off as blasze and holier than thou due to their standing as Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Wanda and Pietro will always be Magnetos children to me, I grew up learning this and the majority of comics I read linked them as family.
    I disregard the retcon after nearly 45 years of reading Marvel comics.
    I believe they are mutants but are associated with the Avengers.
    Pretty much this. I really saw that retcon as a total **** you to X-Fans over the movie rights. One of many.

They are humans that Magneto personally should murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    Honestly, I've always thought of Wanda and Pietro as the token mutants of the greater MU. It seemed that they didn't really care that much about the ongoing mutant struggle and every time when they confront an X-Man (Wanda's exchange with Rogue in Uncanny Avengers comes to mind), they come off as blasze and holier than thou due to their standing as Avengers.
    I think that's true for Wanda, but not for Pietro.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

According to the Marvel’s Psych Ward article on Quicksilver from the lead up to No Surrender

1D24A2DC-51F9-4508-81D2-0508B2915B1E.jpg

I liked those articles. WHY'D THEY STOP DOING THOSE ARTICLES?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    According to the Marvel’s Psych Ward article on Quicksilver from the lead up to No Surrender

1D24A2DC-51F9-4508-81D2-0508B2915B1E.jpg
    There were a couple issues in PAD's X-Factor that touched upon this as well, even having Pietro tell Doc Samson that he didn't feel like a part of (or even look like he belonged with) X-Factor, and the mutant community at large.

And frankly, that would be a really great thread to explore further. "Am I mutant enough to be a part of the mutant community?" That's a common question that suburban teens of color tend to ask themselves, and even nerds of color at conventions. Wayne Brady was on Chappelle Show where he challenged that joke (tongue-in-cheek, of course). The Farewell has a strong subtext of Awkwafina's character and whether or not she wasn't Chinese enough to really be with her family, and it was bittersweet.

Coming in 2020... Wanda and Pietro: The Final Retcon... where it is revealed that their parentage is as follows...

Father: Mephisto
    Mother: no one
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    Pretty much this. I really saw that retcon as a total **** you to X-Fans over the movie rights. One of many.
    Makes less sense. Wanda is not really that much integral to X-men lore.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    Or she just doesn't act like mutants and X-franchise is not the only thing that mattered in the grander MU.
    That's a thing with relatively isolated franchises, outsiders don't get to be the savior or problem solver, that is not their roles in the story.
    The same reason why X-franchise has this everyone being an ******* to us narrative.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 09-18-2019 at 11:36 PM.

I'll always think of them as Magneto's kids.

I only think that's important for Quicksilver.

Similarly, I think it's important that Quicksilver is a mutant.

For some reason, I've never thought of Billy and Tommy as mutants, and I think I'd prefer they weren't. Can't put my finger on why. I guess "reality warped to have powers" is good enough to me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Makes less sense. Wanda is not really that much integral to X-men lore.
    It's just Marvel Comics being extra reactionary without much thought put into their actions.