View Poll Results: What type of involvement should Maximoff's have with the X-verse?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • They're humans

37 26.62%
  • They are mutants. But stay far away from X-men/mutant agenda

37 26.62%
  • More involvement with mutant/X-men

55 39.57%
  • Wanda/pietro are mutants. But not her children

10 7.19%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    save them so they can go back to living in sewers, killed by sentinels and purifiers, used in experiments, turned into drugs, weapons even sex slaves?
    As opposed to being confined to Krakoa, used in experiments by the Quiet Council, hooked on drugs, and made into slaves?
    But...you agree she’d be saving them. Excellent.
    Nice to have arrived at the same opinion.

Have a great day.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    As opposed to being confined to Krakoa, used in experiments by the Quiet Council, hooked on drugs, and made into slaves?

Have a great day.
    none of this is true or even remotly hinted at, there are no slaves every manual work we see is done by machines, there are no experimentation sinister is forbiden and uses his own clones, krakoans can go anywhere with the gates and can leave at will, and they don't consume the druggs they produce.
    trolling isnt cute

Have a great day.
    None of that is happening in comics, so I assume we're indeed reading fanfictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    None of that is happening in comics, so I assume we're indeed reading fanfictions.
    Or we are just refusing to admit what’s going on in the comics. If we’re enjoying the completely out of character, X-Men are no longer heroes but a cult storyline, that’s fine, but we shouldn’t pretend it’s anything more than what it is.

BANNED

Or we are just refusing to admit what’s going on in the comics. If we’re enjoying the completely out of character, X-Men are no longer heroes but a cult storyline, that’s fine, but we shouldn’t pretend it’s anything more than what it is.
    Or you are passing headcanon as facts because you dislike the current direction.

"but we shouldnt pretend" exactly, see you even say it yourself, don't pretend stuff is happening until it's actually, ya know, happening on page.
    Nothing of what you stated is true in anyway, shape or form, embrace your headcanon all you want but, like you said, dont pretend its more than what it is : baseless and biased headcanon that shows terrible reading comprehension on your part.
    Last edited by Ferro; 05-09-2020 at 05:37 AM.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Undoing the retcon would be messier than the retcon itself. I say leave it be. Magneto has one child. Lorna. The others are pretenders and not even real mutants.
    And it needs to stay that way. Lorna the one folks doubted is Erik's real child. Wanda and Pietro were pretenders and shall never be apart of mutantkind
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

X-Men comics.

Hickman is employing the common cult recruitment practices.
    Picking the right targets, like the aforementioned Morelocks.
    Love bombing, telling recruits how special they are, “behold mutant supremacy!” Cable #1.
    Isolation, welcome to Krakoa.
    Keeping control, the QC literally hold the power of life and death over their recruits.
    Hickman’s done his homework, he’s a good writer!
    It reminds me an old Avengers story: the heroes fought a 'villain' and, I'm not sure they killed him but he died and before his mate suicided, she said he only wanted everyone freed of the schemes of 'Eternity'… So, eventually, the heroes started to doubt the rightness of their battle.

I, too, have the impression that Hickman wants to leave an aura of doubt on his run: who represents the good? Who represents the bad? The villains amnistied, this Crucible, Xavier and Magneto closer than they ever were… There is an air of totalitarism, a political centralism… Not quite outrightly bad if you consider the situation where the mutants were, but there are some signs that the situation can turn bad. And Wanda can play a role in this.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Or you are passing headcanon as facts because you dislike the current direction.

"but we shouldnt pretend" exactly, see you even say it yourself, don't pretend stuff is happening until it's actually, ya know, happening on page.
    Nothing of what you stated is true in anyway, shape or form, embrace your headcanon all you want but, like you said, dont pretend its more than what it is : baseless and biased headcanon that shows terrible reading comprehension on your part.
    I don’t dislike the current situation, I’m just realistic about it (the X-Men are a cult, in every way shape and form), and I’ll be interested to see what the status quo is by the end of Hickman’s run.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    And it needs to stay that way. Lorna the one folks doubted is Erik's real child. Wanda and Pietro were pretenders and shall never be apart of mutantkind
    No big loss.
    They moved on from mutantkind ages ago, when it was still heroic.
    Now that it’s just a bunch of former heroes, villains, and brainwashed acolytes, they’re even better off.

As opposed to being confined to Krakoa,
    Soooo you consider living in basically an island paradise with doorways to almost any place on Earth+beyond =living in a sh!tty sewer pipe?
    used in experiments by the Quiet Council?
    what what issue was this in?
    hooked on drugs,
    Dang! Who's hooked on Drugs? Was this in the same issue where the experimenting was being done??
    and made into slaves?
    ok I guess I missed a LOT of issues where are the KraKoan slaves??

I don’t dislike the current situation, I’m just realistic about it (the X-Men are a cult, in every way shape and form), and I’ll be interested to see what the status quo is by the end of Hickman’s run.
    Except by the coherent definition of a cult...

No big loss.
    They moved on from mutantkind ages ago, when it was still heroic.
    Now that it’s just a bunch of former heroes, villains, and brainwashed acolytes, they’re even better off.
    Yes because that's the realistic take people should have after being freed from a Genocidal monster....
    GrindrStone(D)

save them so they can go back to living in sewers, killed by sentinels and purifiers, used in experiments, turned into drugs, weapons even sex slaves?
    Are you suggesting it’s better to live a brainwashed life than a real one?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    We're digging up all the Wanda threads?
    It’s the same poster EVERY SINGLE TIME. Comes in to casually make a seemingly innocent post. Walks out knowing what the started and presumably laughs at the results.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    It’s the same poster EVERY SINGLE TIME. Comes in to casually make a seemingly innocent post. Walks out knowing what the started and presumably laughs at the results.
    Sounds ominous when you put it like that.
    I remark that these Wanda threads have a lot of success.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Sounds ominous when you put it like that.
    I remark that these Wanda threads have a lot of success.
    They at least keep her in some form of existence.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!