View Poll Results: What type of involvement should Maximoff's have with the X-verse?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • They're humans

37 26.62%
  • They are mutants. But stay far away from X-men/mutant agenda

37 26.62%
  • More involvement with mutant/X-men

55 39.57%
  • Wanda/pietro are mutants. But not her children

10 7.19%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I find it hard to believe there haven't been mutants who've tried to assassinate Wanda for the pain she's caused the mutant community.
    Didn't Rogue do that?
    I think rogue even killed her in uncanny avengers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Didn't Rogue do that?
    I think rogue even killed her in uncanny avengers.
    Yes, Rogue killed Wanda, mistakenly thinking she was going to pull another No More Mutants. Then Rogue died. Then when time was turned back and everybody revived, Wanda and Rogue decided to become friends for absolutely no reason.

That was a weird book.

Wanda and Pietro will always be Magnetos children to me, I grew up learning this and the majority of comics I read linked them as family.
    I disregard the retcon after nearly 45 years of reading Marvel comics.
    I believe they are mutants but are associated with the Avengers.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Yeah, it pretty much is. They changed their minds and you've gotta move on.
    One is a simple name change due to a rival company owning the rights to the name, the other is actually changing the characters' origins and entire history (even if they are not Magneto's children, they were still introduced to the world as members of the "Brotherhood of Evil Mutants" and have even appeared in outside media (cartoons, toys and film) as such, and was due only to Ike Perlmutter's pettiness.

Fans don't need to accept that or move on, because nothing is legally preventing marvel from returning them to mutant status.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Agreed. Plus in the MCU films, which reach a lot more folks than the comics, they are not mutants. Leave the retcon as is.
    Plus honestly I would love if they do an ongoing with Magneto and Lorna working together on a team. They sort of started this in X-Men Blue, I would love it if they bring the concept back and explore Lorna working with her father and perhaps even being the voice of reason for him.

I prefer them as mutants and the children of Magneto, basically the Uncle Tom or Log Cabin Republican version of mutants; so jaded by their father's actions they went the other direction and live in the gilded tower of Avengerdom, doing little or nothing to advance mutant causes and barely interacting with the X-Men (other than Lorna.)

This thread just made me think, and even i didn't question it really but how come it's never brought up that Magneto is a deadbeat. He wasn't there for one of his children when they were children, i would love to hear his thoughts on it, regrets maybe.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This thread just made me think, and even i didn't question it really but how come it's never brought up that Magneto is a deadbeat. He wasn't there for one of his children when they were children, i would love to hear his thoughts on it, regrets maybe.
    Technically he didn't know Wanda and Pietro existed. The idea of the retcon was that Magda ran away in terror from her mutant husband, and he had no idea she was even pregnant. When he recruited Wanda and Pietro into his Brotherhood, none of them knew they were related.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Why no one's talking about Wanda's children?
    I liked it when Wiccan and Speed hung out with Grandpa Magneto during Children's Crusade

Speed was so reverent to ol' Magnus, it was cute

Wanda's pariah status needs to go. There is no point to being a mutant if she is not allowed to be around other mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Wanda's pariah status needs to go. There is no point to being a mutant if she is not allowed to be around other mutants.
    But it needs to be addressed or retconned for that to happen. With Excalibur and mutant magic this would be the perfect time for Wanda to be around and her solo title where she travelled down witch's road imo was a great story. But in the world of mutants she needs to be put on trial and it could be a great story the modern version of Magneto's trial and could show us Karoka's legal system.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I'd say that there is no point to her being a mutant at all, other than nostalgia. She should remain a pariah that is tolerated only when necessary to avoid war with the Avengers.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I'd say that there is no point to her being a mutant at all, other than nostalgia. She should remain a pariah that is tolerated only when necessary to avoid war with the Avengers.
    But I really like the Magneto family dynamic. And that needs the whole family. It's the one fucked up family that doesn't rely on alternate dimensions and clones.

Fantastic Member

Im fine with her not veing Magneto's child or a mutant. Especially after Hickman calling her a pretender. It makes it that much worse what she did in House of M and puts plenty of blame at the Avengers feet for protecting her

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Im fine with her not veing Magneto's child or a mutant. Especially after Hickman calling her a pretender. It makes it that much worse what she did in House of M and puts plenty of blame at the Avengers feet for protecting her
    But that completely removes the fact that going into House of M, the X-men were protecting Wanda from the Avengers for the messed up stuff she did in Disassembled.