Default Kerrigan vs Psylocke

Current Psylocke takes on the Queen of Blades in a TK/TP fight.

Which psionic wins?

Is current Psylocke more powerful then previously? Are they limited to JUST psionics? Are books or expanded canon allowed for Kerrigan? Is it current Kerrigan? Star Craft 2 re-evolved Kerrigan or OG Queen of Blades?

Soooo many questions! :P

Just gonna say it: Kerrigan is like one of my favorite villains/anti-heroes/heroes from any media like ever. I know her pretty well but to avoid bias, need more info. Otherwise im gonna go straight to "Kerrigan one shots battlecruisers due to game mechanics lolz Psylocke sux"
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Just finished up reading one of those dreaded... *gulp* Context Free Respect Threads thats out in the wild west of the internet. Seems like Betsy is in the "destroy a small building" tier for offense and "survive a small building destroying attack" tier for defense. I still dont have a good grasp on her speed. Peak Human-ish? She has one feat of running along chunks of metal tossed her way in mid air but it seems like an outlier.

Ok. Let's break this down into specific match ups against Kerrigan's multiple forms.

1: Standard human "Ghost" Kerrigan. Arena? Psylocke should win easily. Superior speed, offense etc. Even cloaking is negated by Betsy's TP most likely. In a city scape at range? Ehh. Maaaybe a good sniper round, but again with her TP, I dont think Betsy is getting picked off.

2: Infested Kerrigan. Queen of Blades.
    Here we see a MASSIVE leap in Kerrigan's power. Some of what I am about to describe is game mechanics and not pure cinematic footage, so there is some artistic license and wiggle room for debate.

At this point, Kerrigan can pretty effortlessly solo mecha and groups of soldiers in powered armor. Can tank Arclyite siege weapons. Plus blanket an area in devastating AoE psi storms. In the final mission of Wings of Liberty, she can lift tanks off the ground and one shot battlecruisers by crushing them in a TK bubble. She can still cloak. That's gameplay stuff. In terms of cutscenes... ehh. She can ensnare Zeratul (a decent telepath and psionic sword wielder in his own right) in a force bubble and regenerate entire severed limbs in seconds. In books, her carapace is described as "nigh unbreakable" and she can wade into opposing groups of Protoss soldiers solo and leave a graveyard in her wake.

By presentation (and squinting at gameplay mechanics), Kerrigan has Betsy beat in all areas except 1. Full on telepathy. It sort of comes down to how you view this issue. Infested Kerrigan has boatloads of telepathy stuff, but ONLY with controlling her own Zerg forces. Which.. is not great for Rumbles. That's her function. Affecting other people's minds is basically a non existent thing. In fact, you can even sorta argue that in this state, she has BAD showings against foreign telepathy as she was sorta kinda being quasi mind fucked by Amon. That again might just be a function of her intended biology though. A lot of that stuff was passed off as her being designed to serve his purpose on a biological level.

Betsy might take this if you figure she can act first and actually stun Kerrigan.

3: Partially Infested Kerrigan - Post Xel'Naga "cure".
    Probably the closest fight here. Definitely the coolest looking. Kerrigan can let loose AoE attacks capable of badly damaging sealed 2 foot thick metal blast doors. She can leap 100 feet through the air and create shockwaves with her punches. She smashed Zeratul through a thick stone structure. She has TK on par with anything I've seen a live action Jedi perform.

Problem is once again, not much to go on with defensive or offensive pure telepathy. In a conventional beat em up fight? Veeeeery close. Rumbles rules? Im hard pressed thinking of any feat that can stop a mind attack from 10-counting her.

4: Essence Absorbed re-evolved Kerrigan.
    Betsy is screwed. On screen, Kerrigan has created planetary atmospheric disturbances that make most hurricanes look like a fart in the wind. She did this from /waking up/. In-game mechanics have her tossing out attacks that can flatten multiple buildings and giant mecha in a single strike. Dialogue confirms she is emitting waaay more psionic energy then as the OG Queen of Blades. As the Queen, she was a "Class 6 psionic waveform" which is one tier higher then a Leviathan super zerg mini boss from WoL. When similarly scanned post re-evolution, they were like "the classification system doesn't go high enough".

But! Does she have the telepathy feats? Personally, I think so. At this point she can freely ignore Amon and overcome Narud's illusions. Again - her psychic energy was affecting a continent sized area after waking up. Maybe Betsy can still eventually overcome her in a pure TP fight? I dunno? But as Betsy tries, if Kerrigan manages to get off basically any offense at all, she is gonna torch the whole Arena. I think Kerrigan wins this one for sure.

5: Final Kerrigan. Xel'Naga absorbed.
    Not even a fight. Kerrigan is like the Pheonix Force in presentation at this point. A goddess capable of doing all sorts of crap.

Ok, rant over. Again, im not a huge Psylocke expert so hopefully we get some follow up! =)
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 09-05-2019 at 09:55 AM.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Just finished up reading one of those dreaded... *gulp* Context Free Respect Threads thats out in the wild west of the internet. Seems like Betsy is in the "destroy a small building" tier for offense and "survive a small building destroying attack" tier for defense. I still dont have a good grasp on her speed. Peak Human-ish? She has one feat of running along chunks of metal tossed her way in mid air but it seems like an outlier.

Ok. Let's break this down into specific match ups against Kerrigan's multiple forms.

1: Standard human "Ghost" Kerrigan. Arena? Psylocke should win easily. Superior speed, offense etc. Even cloaking is negated by Betsy's TP most likely. In a city scape at range? Ehh. Maaaybe a good sniper round, but again with her TP, I dont think Betsy is getting picked off.

2: Infested Kerrigan. Queen of Blades.
    Here we see a MASSIVE leap in Kerrigan's power. Some of what I am about to describe is game mechanics and not pure cinematic footage, so there is some artistic license and wiggle room for debate.

At this point, Kerrigan can pretty effortlessly solo mecha and groups of soldiers in powered armor. Can tank Arclyite siege weapons. Plus blanket an area in devastating AoE psi storms. In the final mission of Wings of Liberty, she can lift tanks off the ground and one shot battlecruisers by crushing them in a TK bubble. She can still cloak. That's gameplay stuff. In terms of cutscenes... ehh. She can ensnare Zeratul (a decent telepath and psionic sword wielder in his own right) in a force bubble and regenerate entire severed limbs in seconds. In books, her carapace is described as "nigh unbreakable" and she can wade into opposing groups of Protoss soldiers solo and leave a graveyard in her wake.

By presentation (and squinting at gameplay mechanics), Kerrigan has Betsy beat in all areas except 1. Full on telepathy. It sort of comes down to how you view this issue. Infested Kerrigan has boatloads of telepathy stuff, but ONLY with controlling her own Zerg forces. Which.. is not great for Rumbles. That's her function. Affecting other people's minds is basically a non existent thing. In fact, you can even sorta argue that in this state, she has BAD showings against foreign telepathy as she was sorta kinda being quasi mind fucked by Amon. That again might just be a function of her intended biology though. A lot of that stuff was passed off as her being designed to serve his purpose on a biological level.

Betsy might take this if you figure she can act first and actually stun Kerrigan.

3: Partially Infested Kerrigan - Post Xel'Naga "cure".
    Probably the closest fight here. Definitely the coolest looking. Kerrigan can let loose AoE attacks capable of badly damaging sealed 2 foot thick metal blast doors. She can leap 100 feet through the air and create shockwaves with her punches. She smashed Zeratul through a thick stone structure. She has TK on par with anything I've seen a live action Jedi perform.

Problem is once again, not much to go on with defensive or offensive pure telepathy. In a conventional beat em up fight? Veeeeery close. Rumbles rules? Im hard pressed thinking of any feat that can stop a mind attack from 10-counting her.

4: Essence Absorbed re-evolved Kerrigan.
    Betsy is screwed. On screen, Kerrigan has created planetary atmospheric disturbances that make most hurricanes look like a fart in the wind. She did this from /waking up/. In-game mechanics have her tossing out attacks that can flatten multiple buildings and giant mecha in a single strike. Dialogue confirms she is emitting waaay more psionic energy then as the OG Queen of Blades. As the Queen, she was a "Class 6 psionic waveform" which is one tier higher then a Leviathan super zerg mini boss from WoL. When similarly scanned post re-evolution, they were like "the classification system doesn't go high enough".

But! Does she have the telepathy feats? Personally, I think so. At this point she can freely ignore Amon and overcome Narud's illusions. Again - her psychic energy was affecting a continent sized area after waking up. Maybe Betsy can still eventually overcome her in a pure TP fight? I dunno? But as Betsy tries, if Kerrigan manages to get off basically any offense at all, she is gonna torch the whole Arena. I think Kerrigan wins this one for sure.

5: Final Kerrigan. Xel'Naga absorbed.
    Not even a fight. Kerrigan is like the Pheonix Force in presentation at this point. A goddess capable of doing all sorts of crap.

Ok, rant over. Again, im not a huge Psylocke expert so hopefully we get some follow up! =)
    She was deflecting bullets in Remender's X-Force run (which is excellent BTW) but everyone was deflecting bullets there, including Deadpool. I'm sort of inclined to think that's SMvsFL unless she's got other stuff that fast.

BANNED

Psylocke Stomps

Quote Originally Posted by Marveld2 View Post
    Psylocke Stomps
    Thank you for your valuable contribution to this thread and forum.

...obvious sarcasm is obvious.

I double dog dare you to defend your stance with an actual series of written points.
    - big_adventure