Thread: Epic OC Battles

Default Epic OC Battles

Your Original Character (any OC)

vs

Any comic book character of your choosing

Can you match up your OC with a Comic Book character that could give them a truly Epic Battle? Who would you love to see them fight against?

1.Standard Khazan Arena and rules
    2. Your choice of either New York City, London, Paris, Tokyo, Berlin, or Los Angeles.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The "Enforcer" series could give 616 Iron Man a really solid fight. In particular, Enforcer #9 would probably take that match 10/10 in any of the locations provided but with difficulty.

This is a fun thread prompt, but I feel weird not providing context or explaining how the fight would go in detail haha. Am I doing this right??
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    The "Enforcer" series could give 616 Iron Man a really solid fight. In particular, Enforcer #9 would probably take that match 10/10 in any of the locations provided but with difficulty.

This is a fun thread prompt, but I feel weird not providing context or explaining how the fight would go in detail haha. Am I doing this right??
    Is the Enforcer your Original Character? You are welcome to add a brief overview or longer narritive of why they are well matched and how the fight might go. Also, which arena would proved the best setting for the fight.

Astonishing Member

My character was PreCrisis Kryptonian Godzilla. When the planet exploded, from the depths of the seas, a Godzilla (lets say G - 2000), gets blasted into space. He comes under a yellow sun and he gets PC Kryptonian powers and his G powers are magnified to the same extend that normal human speed, strenght, resistance are magnified to PC Superman levels. He also know how to fully use them.

To fight him, some higher level cosmic. Must be able to withstand a G blast magnified so much.

Oh Hell. This will be my future thread in the future, as I have a omniverse worth of material. Various power styles/levels and such.

The strongest I can think up at the moment can weaponize time lines. (As in destroy time line branches, weaponzing all that energy and killed people souls) into really destructive blast waves. (From my RPG God Quest, where everyone tries to out Thanos well, Thanos.)

Does it have to be a comic book character? I would prefer to match them up with movie characters in a lot of cases.

Nonetheless.....

Captain Avenger vs Captain America
    -Captain Avenger, real name Steven Dawson, is a character of mine that has gone through many revisions. He started out as a fairly blatant Captain America ripoff complete with round shield. However, as I developed the character and purposefully turned him into less and less of a ripoff, he became kind of a mix between a Stallone modern action hero, a Schwarzenegger sci-fi action hero, and still a bit of Captain America in the sense that he was a super soldier.
    However, Captain Avenger's origin is that unlike Captain America, he was a super soldier literally from coneption; in other words, he was specifically conceived, born and raised with intention to make him the perfect soldier, including genetic modification along the way that would make him stronger, faster, more agile, tougher, etc. than a normal man could be, as well as not only extensive training, but extensive psychological conditioning/torture to prepare him for the horrors of war and forge his willpower to be as close to indomitable as possible.
    Depending on interpretation, he can lift somewhere from about 1500 lbs. to about a ton or two. He can also run fast enough to keep up with a car at high street speeds, but not the highest highway speeds. And while agility is more nebulous to try to define, he can fairly easily keep up with the greatest acrobats and gymnists in the world.
    As far as equipment, he started out with a round shield, later got changed to a pair of gauntlet projected energy shields and pistol style grenade launchers, later to a pair of full auto pistols that hit like a .50 BMG and had underslung mini-nukes but with only a 10 foot blast radius, and in a more sci-fi interpretation got a pair of fully automatic double barrel laser pistols. In all variations he also wears form fitting body armor that is about equal to class 4 modern military grade, but is far lighter and more flexible. His original form included a cowl, but his later forms don't have a cowl or mask.
    He's a fairly big guy, and Stallone from the movie "Cobra" is probably the closest to an accurate depiction of how he looks.

As for the fight, I'll assume its a standard Khazan arena fight with regular weapons only and basic knowledge on the opponent. I'll also be using the more sci-fi version with the double barrel laser pistols, as that is probably the version that I am most likely to anything with in the relatively near future. I am also using MCU Captain America, without Mjolnir but with his round shield and I'm also assuming he has colt .45, even though I'm letting him have all of his experience and feats through Endgame.

I figure Captain America probably has the advantage in terms of raw strength and toughness; Captain Avenger is strong, but things like tossing the bike hard enough to flip a Humvee, kicking a truck hard enough to knock someone back from the impact, and holding down a helicopter are probably somewhere beyond where see Captain Avenger, but not by so much that he doesn't have a chance.
    However, Captain Avenger should have better armor; Captain America has fought through getting shot, but Captain Avenger's armor should literally stop penetration by anything short of a .30 caliber rifle. However Roger's shield will probably still give him the edge in the protection area.
    Dawson is also better armed for range, with a pair of laser pistols vs a single pistol; though the shield could make up for some of that when tossed, if Rogers is willing to risk being without it for a few seconds.
    Dawson is also probably faster and more agile than Rogers. He can keep up with cars at faster speeds than Rogers seems to have been shown to, and while agility is harder to gauge, Rogers doesn't seem to use literally acrobatics and such as much.
    In the end, I actually expect Rogers to win this after a good fight. Dawson does have superior ranged weapons, and is in fact more of a ranged weapon character than Rogers by design. However, Rogers also has the shield that mitigates a lot of the ranged advantage.
    In close quarters, Dawson's superior armor will help and his superior reflexes and agility will be a real pain for Rogers; however, it is by a huge enough extent that it is overwhelming, and so I figure Roger's superior strength, toughness, and the benefit of the shield as a good close in weapon probably allow him to win this.

You can use a movie or TV character if you like.

Power tiers:

God Quest: The too, they got their own omniverse as a battle field.

Stories: 4 written things. Power is from Superman/ Dr Fate to Godzilla to Guts.

Card game rpgs: All of them are in a good strong tier, especially depending on which one.

War Game characters: Ironically the weakest. As they can get killed like anyone else given situation.

Details latter.

Edit: Oh Hell, how can I forget Huntrs ofvthe Darkness? Levin killed Gnostic evil God in that one.
    Last edited by The Chou Lives; 09-19-2019 at 01:48 PM.

Well, I might as well put up Zaofan in there. Combination of Cyclops and Yamcha, and while that may seem comedic, they're still rather powerful compared to most others in their respective universes.

Last time I checked, Zaofan had a PL of 1,000,000, so... take that as you will, though I'd be much more interested to see how he fares against Marvel and DC foes rather than Dragon Ball foes. What does an Optic Blast from that powerlevel look like? (besides looking red)

(p.s. big ups to everyone still playing, and to everyone playing with Grampagen's Zaofan)

Well, I guess it's Jio Wilde's time to shine.

I'd put him up against Zatanna Zatara. Jio's prety powerful in magic, but he often relies not on that, but on being a cheating bastard in a fight (filling a room with iron dust to take out some Fae, using lightning to take out the supports and drop a building on a magic proof ogre, tricking an Outsider into a portal into the sun) and if worst comes to worst, he carries an Glock 9mm and a Jian.

Of course, Zatanna's a much better blaster, her spells are much more varied, and there is nothing stopping her from freezing time on him.
    There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload.".

I like to think the 90s was the time when comics hit puberty. They’d grown out of being endearing but hadn’t yet figured out where to channel their emotions to not be utterly whiny cocks. -Beadle