Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,481

    Default How was Betty being Red She-Hulk received at the time?

    I wasn't reading the Hulk books at the time. How did critics and fans receive it?

  2. #2
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    37

    Default

    It was better than her just suffering from being a helpless person amidst all of the Hulk stories at the time.

  3. #3
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,046

    Default

    I think some people thought the entire Red Hulk thing was snnoying. But Betty as Red She-Hulk quickly drew its own fans.

  4. #4
    iMan 42s
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,019

    Default

    I can't remember anybody having a problem with Red She-Hulk. More confusion that she even existed even today but I've not heard hate for the character. Surprise and indifference at worst but not hate. I was under the impression people actually liked her.

    Red Hulk on the other hand tends to fight an uphill battle given who the character was supposed to be and then the crap he did later.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,810

    Default

    I think she was well-received. I really liked her. On the back of her trade, it stated "Marvel's strongest female character". I think Marvel was pleased with the her.

  6. #6
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,736

    Default

    I enjoyed her time as the Red She-Hulk as it was an unique take on the character and an evolution of her overall history associating with the Hulk and his mythos.

  7. #7
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    450

    Default

    I don't mind She-Rulk.

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member Ptrvc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mago dos Gatos View Post
    It was better than her just suffering from being a helpless person amidst all of the Hulk stories at the time.
    She was dead for a decade or so by that point.

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member Ptrvc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I can't remember anybody having a problem with Red She-Hulk. More confusion that she even existed even today but I've not heard hate for the character. Surprise and indifference at worst but not hate. I was under the impression people actually liked her.

    Red Hulk on the other hand tends to fight an uphill battle given who the character was supposed to be and then the crap he did later.
    If I remember most of the Hulk fanbase was mildly annoyed by her, more to do with the being overloaded with blank-Hulk characters by that point.

  10. #10
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    7,825

    Default

    the late 2000's hulk armada gave me hives

  11. #11

    Default

    I really liked her as Red She-Hulk and liked Jeff Parker's solo for her.
    Was Curlytop

  12. #12
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    She was dead for a decade or so by that point.
    Her being the Red She-Hulk was one of the plot twists in time,but it was show that Betty Ross was back to life before this reveal.I personally don't think her character would made it out alive if she wasn't the Red She-Hulk.

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,997

    Default

    The character I think wasn't received well at first but like with Red Hulk was redeemed with Parker's work IMO. Pak's work with her also seemed to redeem her a bit, making her less like a gimmick and bringing more "Bettyness" to her.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  14. #14
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,876

    Default

    Loeb was one of those guys who always had a top selling book, but had more than his fair share of critics on social media despite that.

    I think Red She Hulk, like Red Hulk and pretty much everything Loeb did during his Hulk run was met with a good deal of criticism on a monthly basis. I don't say it necessarily was or wasn't justified... but it was there.

    Once he stopped writing the character, I think the criticism went away. But I also think a lot of the attention in general went with it. Which is not to say Jess Parker didn't do a very good job... but he just wasn't the heat and attention Magneto Loeb was.

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member Ptrvc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mago dos Gatos View Post
    Her being the Red She-Hulk was one of the plot twists in time,but it was show that Betty Ross was back to life before this reveal.I personally don't think her character would made it out alive if she wasn't the Red She-Hulk.
    Wasn't all that Retconned in Tempus Fugit?

    She'd be fine though, at least now. She's been immortal since originally becoming Harpy.

    Personally, I much Prefer Red Harpy to Red She Hulk. Much more unique and monstrous design.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •