Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Thaaat's.. not really how the Penance Stare works. The Penance Stare works, or should work, or most often works, by inflicting all the agony and suffering you have inflicted onto others, onto you, making you feel them. That's the usual idea of it.
    Ah, OK then. My mistake.

In which case though, the scene with Thanos still doesn’t make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Ah, OK then. My mistake.

In which case though, the scene with Thanos still doesn’t make sense.
    In the interest of context, the Penance Stare shows him (and causes him to experience) all of the suffering he's caused during his 'campaign to win Lady Death's hands.

... and it goes on to show that.

Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 09-22-2019 at 05:39 AM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Thaaat's.. not really how the Penance Stare works. The Penance Stare works, or should work, or most often works, by inflicting all the agony and suffering you have inflicted onto others, onto you, making you feel them. That's the usual idea of it.
    I guess the question would be if that was this particular writer's idea of it. Thanos is a sadist, but I've never thought of him as a masochist, which is what that scan seems to be implying if we assume they got the penance stare right.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I guess the question would be if that was this particular writer's idea of it. Thanos is a sadist, but I've never thought of him as a masochist, which is what that scan seems to be implying if we assume they got the penance stare right.
    Yep, specifically says it made him feel the pain he caused. Though I took his response to mean he quite enjoyed remembering all that he'd done; over enjoying the pain itself. Based on his expression ... not sure he even noticed that.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    They just can't hurt him is the problem.
    Superman can fly by and destroy planets but 6 kryptonians cant hurt Thanos?

Come on guys give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post

Post Crisis Kryptonians are not planet busters. OP states it's post crisis versions. Even if they could destroy planets, Thanos can comfortably walk through that level of damage.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Thanos has waaaaaaay better than world-busting durability.

Silver Surfer can pretty handily destroy worlds, and he hit Thanos in the face with his best shot at point-blank range, and Thanos’ reaction was basically “Are you done throwing a tantrum yet?” Thanos shrugs off having his reality messed with. He is as far above Kryptonians as... say... Superman is above maybe Booster Gold level.

I want to see Thanos and the League of Supergirls re-enact the fembot fight scene from Austin Powers, especially with the music.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Thanos has waaaaaaay better than world-busting durability.

Silver Surfer can pretty handily destroy worlds, and he hit Thanos in the face with his best shot at point-blank range, and Thanos’ reaction was basically “Are you done throwing a tantrum yet?” Thanos shrugs off having his reality messed with. He is as far above Kryptonians as... say... Superman is above maybe Booster Gold level.
    Then what’s the point of this thread ? Lol...oh another no fight for Thanos avoiding to the board?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Post Crisis Kryptonians are not planet busters. OP states it's post crisis versions. Even if they could destroy planets, Thanos can comfortably walk through that level of damage.

As I said, then what’s the point of this thread?

I thought current Superman was a planet buster.

Current Kryptonians are not post crisis Kryptonians. Post crisis here means after Crisis on Infinite Earth's but before Flashpoint.

BANNED

@ mider At the least you came to know the limitations of post crisis kryptonians due to this thread.

Then what’s the point of this thread ? Lol...oh another no fight for Thanos avoiding to the board?
    You sure seem to enjoy posting on a forum that you appear to have issues with.

You have made nearly a dozen remarks about Thanos being treated a certain way by this point in your posting history. As if we were biased or some such.

Thanos is no different from anyone else we use. We assess his feats and then see what the opposition can do to overcome his showings.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Also, just to point something out, by and large most people in this thread don't really think there is a point. The OP presumably thought it was a fight or they wouldn't have posted it, but they haven't spoken up past making the thread. We have mostly just been ragging on Arbiter and discussing the Penance Stare.

Ok I see now the OP made at least one post in the thread, but still.

You have consistently demonstrated a problem with discussions involving Thanos on this board. Do not post on this thread or on other threads on this board involving Thanos again.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member