Thread: Hippoltya

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hippoltya

Not only has the mother but also has a character, how do you feel about her? What's been your favortive version? I like Marston's

I liked when there was that time she was covering for Diana as Wonder Woman and hung around the JSA. I also really, really loved her relationship with Wildcat!

Now that she and Paradise Island are back around, and the JSA are being hinted at coming around, too, I'd be so happy if for some random (and lucky) reason I got to see this Poly and Wildcat together for a mission.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 09-17-2019 at 03:34 PM.

One thing at times I don't like is how at times writers make her look weak. I get why we had to see Grail win but Hippoltya didn't seem to be a leader.

I don't know that I can point to a specific version. I like her as a very good, very strong, very moral leader. Her being a little overprotective of Diana is cool - I can be down with disguise a necessary for Diana competing (though I did like Rebirth, where she didn't like it, and offered Diana an out, but let her compete, knowing how it would end). Her putting Artemis' head on the chopping block or being unable to lead a battle or win a fight is not my style.

I'm not a fan of the idea of her in the JSA, though I've never read the stories. I don't like her as a fill-in Diana.

I often wondered due to her being Queen should she be stronger than her daughter? We don't often see her fighting with Diana

I dislike DC seems to be making Hippolyta into a lair more and more