Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Doctor Strange (MCU) vs. Apocalypse (FOX)

Master of the Mystic Arts vs. The First Mutant

The fight is taking place on Titan (Avengers: Infinity War). No Infinity Stones. Who wins?

BONUS ROUND: Apocalypse and his Four Horsemen (Magneto, Storm, Angel, Psylocke) vs. Doctor Strange, Ancient One, Kaecilius, Mordo, Wong

Apocalypse has crazy reaction times, so he gets some sort of quick draw victory before Strange gets going.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Apocalypse has crazy reaction times, so he gets some sort of quick draw victory before Strange gets going.
    How is reaction time compared to the cloak's? Because I could see the cloak taking the initiative to move Strange out of the way of Apocalypse's attacks till Strange himself can do something.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    How is reaction time compared to the cloak's? Because I could see the cloak taking the initiative to move Strange out of the way of Apocalypse's attacks till Strange himself can do something.
    What were the cloak's feats again?

My thing is, unless they are blatantly hypersonic, Apoc is probably fine. He caught QS in mid sprint. Like accurately targeted his leg.

At the bell, Apoc tears some fiber out of Strange's shirt and slits his throat with it. I don't see anything the Cloak can do preventing that.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I don't think that Apocalypse's reflexes are always that high. Like, everyone else was reacting to him just fine, and he was being outright blitzed for most of that encounter, but he was able to endure it long enough to concentrate and get one shot off at QS level speeds, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I don't think that Apocalypse's reflexes are always that high. Like, everyone else was reacting to him just fine, and he was being outright blitzed for most of that encounter, but he was able to endure it long enough to concentrate and get one shot off at QS level speeds, IIRC.
    The length of time that had elapsed from the first blow hole took to the moment he beat QS was like less then 1/10 of a second. Probably WAY less. And he accurately grabbed the dudes leg mid sprint while getting pummeled.

His reflex speed is just fine.
    - big_adventure

BANNED

Strange has better feats I mean...he could also just drop him in a portal

But apocalypse was pretty durable

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    Strange has better feats I mean...he could also just drop him in a portal

But apocalypse was pretty durable
    He gets blitzed before he starts up any portal shenanigans
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    Strange has better feats
    He really doesn't Apocalypses powers were insane.

The length of time that had elapsed from the first blow hole took to the moment he beat QS was like less then 1/10 of a second. Probably WAY less. And he accurately grabbed the dudes leg mid sprint while getting pummeled.

His reflex speed is just fine.
    Yes, but that was only one instance. Nowhere else in the movie does he display anything close.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Yes, but that was only one instance. Nowhere else in the movie does he display anything close.
    So I guess we should take DCEU Clark's speed away?

The dude has exactly one film to use for feats. In much the same way we treat say, Gladiator, or other comic characters with very few showings, I feel like a little leniency is fine.
    - big_adventure

The dude has exactly one film to use for feats. In much the same way we treat say, Gladiator, or other comic characters with very few showings, I feel like a little leniency is fine.
    Clark used his speed much more clearly and consistently and it was a clear powerup. Dude fought the JLA (well just Flash) and blitzed Steppenwolf. Apoc had one instance of catching QS and nothing else.

He has nothing in his presentation as having super speed even through various mediums. At least Superman is well known for his speed. Even in Man of Steel he still had bursts of super speed.
    Last edited by Slade1; 09-21-2019 at 08:56 AM.

Extraordinary Member

The dude has exactly one film to use for feats.
    What?

DCEU Clark/Superman has been in three films, all of which have plenty of feats for the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    What?

DCEU Clark/Superman has been in three films, all of which have plenty of feats for the guy.
    To be fair, Supeman only showed clear travel and reaction speed feats in JLA. But he did have bursts of speed in Man of Steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    What?

As mentioned by Slade1, he only has the one Flash fight where he demonstrates /reaction/ speeds on that level. But nobody wants to argue those away. And rightly so imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Clark used his speed much more clearly and consistently and it was a clear powerup. Dude fought the JLA (well just Flash) and blitzed Steppenwolf. Apoc had one instance of catching QS and nothing else.

He has nothing in his presentation as having super speed even through various mediums. At least Superman is well known for his speed. Even in Man of Steel he still had bursts of super speed.
    Other mediums dont particularly matter when we are discussing this one version of the guy. He's different. That and his power set was soooo loosely defined. He was a veritable Swiss Army knife.

So, I guess you want to argue Gladiator doesn't have awesome sauce super speed? I mean, most of his showings he doesn't use it after all.

Again, I feel a little leniency is in order for folks with very few showings to work off of.
    - big_adventure