Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41
  1. #1
    Fantastic Member Tomzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    335

    Default Doctor Strange (MCU) vs. Apocalypse (FOX)

    Master of the Mystic Arts vs. The First Mutant

    The fight is taking place on Titan (Avengers: Infinity War). No Infinity Stones. Who wins?


    BONUS ROUND: Apocalypse and his Four Horsemen (Magneto, Storm, Angel, Psylocke) vs. Doctor Strange, Ancient One, Kaecilius, Mordo, Wong
    Click here to watch: GODZILLA vs. LEGION
    An otherworldly threat descends upon the Earth and only a beast of legend possesses the power to stop it. Who will win in this clash of titans: King of the Monsters or Queen of the Swarm?

  2. #2

    Default

    Apocalypse has crazy reaction times, so he gets some sort of quick draw victory before Strange gets going.
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  3. #3
    Super Moderator The Watcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Apocalypse has crazy reaction times, so he gets some sort of quick draw victory before Strange gets going.
    How is reaction time compared to the cloak's? Because I could see the cloak taking the initiative to move Strange out of the way of Apocalypse's attacks till Strange himself can do something.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    How is reaction time compared to the cloak's? Because I could see the cloak taking the initiative to move Strange out of the way of Apocalypse's attacks till Strange himself can do something.
    What were the cloak's feats again?

    My thing is, unless they are blatantly hypersonic, Apoc is probably fine. He caught QS in mid sprint. Like accurately targeted his leg.

    At the bell, Apoc tears some fiber out of Strange's shirt and slits his throat with it. I don't see anything the Cloak can do preventing that.
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,936

    Default

    I don't think that Apocalypse's reflexes are always that high. Like, everyone else was reacting to him just fine, and he was being outright blitzed for most of that encounter, but he was able to endure it long enough to concentrate and get one shot off at QS level speeds, IIRC.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I don't think that Apocalypse's reflexes are always that high. Like, everyone else was reacting to him just fine, and he was being outright blitzed for most of that encounter, but he was able to endure it long enough to concentrate and get one shot off at QS level speeds, IIRC.
    The length of time that had elapsed from the first blow hole took to the moment he beat QS was like less then 1/10 of a second. Probably WAY less. And he accurately grabbed the dudes leg mid sprint while getting pummeled.

    His reflex speed is just fine.
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  7. #7
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Strange has better feats I mean...he could also just drop him in a portal

    But apocalypse was pretty durable

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    Strange has better feats I mean...he could also just drop him in a portal

    But apocalypse was pretty durable
    He gets blitzed before he starts up any portal shenanigans
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  9. #9
    the devil's reject choptop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    Strange has better feats
    He really doesn't Apocalypses powers were insane.

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member Slade1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    The length of time that had elapsed from the first blow hole took to the moment he beat QS was like less then 1/10 of a second. Probably WAY less. And he accurately grabbed the dudes leg mid sprint while getting pummeled.

    His reflex speed is just fine.
    Yes, but that was only one instance. Nowhere else in the movie does he display anything close.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Yes, but that was only one instance. Nowhere else in the movie does he display anything close.
    So I guess we should take DCEU Clark's speed away?

    The dude has exactly one film to use for feats. In much the same way we treat say, Gladiator, or other comic characters with very few showings, I feel like a little leniency is fine.
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member Slade1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    So I guess we should take DCEU Clark's speed away?

    The dude has exactly one film to use for feats. In much the same way we treat say, Gladiator, or other comic characters with very few showings, I feel like a little leniency is fine.
    Clark used his speed much more clearly and consistently and it was a clear powerup. Dude fought the JLA (well just Flash) and blitzed Steppenwolf. Apoc had one instance of catching QS and nothing else.

    He has nothing in his presentation as having super speed even through various mediums. At least Superman is well known for his speed. Even in Man of Steel he still had bursts of super speed.
    Last edited by Slade1; 09-21-2019 at 08:56 AM.

  13. #13
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    So I guess we should take DCEU Clark's speed away?

    The dude has exactly one film to use for feats.
    What?

    DCEU Clark/Superman has been in three films, all of which have plenty of feats for the guy.

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member Slade1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    What?

    DCEU Clark/Superman has been in three films, all of which have plenty of feats for the guy.
    To be fair, Supeman only showed clear travel and reaction speed feats in JLA. But he did have bursts of speed in Man of Steel.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    What?

    DCEU Clark/Superman has been in three films, all of which have plenty of feats for the guy.
    As mentioned by Slade1, he only has the one Flash fight where he demonstrates /reaction/ speeds on that level. But nobody wants to argue those away. And rightly so imo.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Clark used his speed much more clearly and consistently and it was a clear powerup. Dude fought the JLA (well just Flash) and blitzed Steppenwolf. Apoc had one instance of catching QS and nothing else.

    He has nothing in his presentation as having super speed even through various mediums. At least Superman is well known for his speed. Even in Man of Steel he still had bursts of super speed.
    Other mediums dont particularly matter when we are discussing this one version of the guy. He's different. That and his power set was soooo loosely defined. He was a veritable Swiss Army knife.

    So, I guess you want to argue Gladiator doesn't have awesome sauce super speed? I mean, most of his showings he doesn't use it after all.

    Again, I feel a little leniency is in order for folks with very few showings to work off of.
    "So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory
    So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path"

    -The Covenant Writ of Union

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •